X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Yes or No?

i'm in need of a new wallet. i'm feeling this one. should i pull the trigger?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Faust in leather pants! You are a brave man, haha. The contrast stitching is cool and the fact there is no sheen is great. thumbs up!

Ddohnggo, it's probably just the picture but the leather doesn't look too great. Have you seen this one from Julius? also wrap around.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

i think it's the picture. it's a jas mb wallet, and i know the leather is pretty good, as my gf has one of their bags. i figured this wallet would be a good (cheaper) alternative to the julius one, which i also like. how much is the julius wallet? around $200-300, correct?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i think it's the picture. it's a jas mb wallet, and i know the leather is pretty good, as my gf has one of their bags. i figured this wallet would be a good (cheaper) alternative to the julius one, which i also like. how much is the julius wallet? around $200-300, correct?[/quote]

I've seen it in person in several versions (I liked the white cracked leather best), and I liked it. It was 55GBP at the Jas MB store in London. What's this going for? I like the Julius one as well.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

Faust in leather pants! You are a brave man, haha. The contrast stitching is cool and the fact there is no sheen is great. thumbs up!

[/quote]

Haha, I consider this my midlife crisis moment [;)]. Now I have to shorten them... myself. Scary, but I can do it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Are you going to use rubber cement?
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]Are you going to use rubber cement?
                [/quote]

I was just going to use scissors :-). What's rubber cement? Enlighten me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i think it's the picture. it's a jas mb wallet, and i know the leather is pretty good, as my gf has one of their bags. i figured this wallet would be a good (cheaper) alternative to the julius one, which i also like. how much is the julius wallet? around $200-300, correct?[/quote]

I've seen it in person in several versions (I liked the white cracked leather best), and I liked it. It was 55GBP at the Jas MB store in London. What's this going for? I like the Julius one as well.

[/quote]

this one is currently going for around $68 USD on y!jp. does not include the service fees. i think it's a pretty good price, since the julius one would probably 3-4 times more.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ meh. I'll get you a new one at the Jas MB store in a few weeks if you want.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Guys, does the tail kill this for you? It doesn't for me. I lost my hat and need a new one, it's freezing outside, dammit.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

I like it--I was thinking of buying it myself! The wool they use is sooooo soft. I think the tail is cute.

Re: rubber cement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_cement

I have heard of it being used to glue the hem of leather pants. But perhaps scissors are all you need.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I like it--I was thinking of buying it myself! The wool they use is sooooo soft. I think the tail is cute.

Re: rubber cement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_cement

I have heard of it being used to glue the hem of leather pants. But perhaps scissors are all you need.

[/quote]

Ok, I'm getting it. Yea, the tail is cute, especially because it will obviously hang (stupid yoox and their photos). Thanks for the info on cement, I'll check it out. The pants are unhemmed and raw, so all I'll need is to put two stitches where the original stitching ends so it doesn't come apart.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• irrlicht
                            • Jan 2007

got this jacket for 2 bills. the leather is so soft and nice... cant complain about the price. but should i keep it?

color is "bone", any suggestion on how to dye it to dark grey?

Comment

• macuser3of5
                              • Sep 2006

Honestly, I would keep it that color; it's a beautiful example of how to make white not so 'pure' and delicate, while still retaining the inherent luxury of a white thing. I think dying several shades darker will only hurt the overall effect of the jacket, and make it look a lot less distinctive as a result. It's quite beautiful as is.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

as a personal preference, i'm not a big fan of the cut. the collar doesn't really complement the coat. i guess the big question is, does it fit with your overall style?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎