• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="macuser3of5"]Honestly, I would keep it that color; it's a beautiful example of how to make white not so 'pure' and delicate, while still retaining the inherent luxury of a white thing. I think dying several shades darker will only hurt the overall effect of the jacket, and make it look a lot less distinctive as a result. It's quite beautiful as is.[/quote]

I agree. Besides it will naturally become grey with wear :-), just sit on some staircases

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="irrlicht"]

got this jacket for 2 bills. the leather is so soft and nice... cant complain about the price. but should i keep it?

color is "bone", any suggestion on how to dye it to dark grey?

[/quote]

The color is good, but the coat seems to bulge in a weird way, making you look like a pregnant woman. I'm not sure it's really the case or just the angle but I'd check carefully...

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Guys, does the tail kill this for you? It doesn't for me. I lost my hat and need a new one, it's freezing outside, dammit.

[/quote]

I like this....

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="irrlicht"]

got this jacket for 2 bills. the leather is so soft and nice... cant complain about the price. but should i keep it?

color is "bone", any suggestion on how to dye it to dark grey?

[/quote]

i think it looks good on you. and yes, the color is nice, however i couldnt see myself wearing it. can you (...see yourself)?

you should wait and see how much mine sells for on ebay. maybe that'll help you make a decision.

Comment

• nairb49
            • Dec 2006

I think its quite nice, just don't pull outwards on your pockets to prevent that button seam strain.

Comment

• sea of stitches
              • Oct 2006

old chalayan cape/jacket thingy. sorry if the color blinds you...i'm not sure about it myself. tia

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

It's a really tough call, because of the color. What is it made of? I love the design!!!
                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I like it!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="sea of stitches"]

old chalayan cape/jacket thingy. sorry if the color blinds you...i'm not sure about it myself. tia

[/quote]

I don't mind the color. I think it will look lovely with black. And I like the design....you will look really nice with your hands in the pockets :)

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="sea of stitches"]

[/quote]

Color looks great, styling the piece properly could be problematic but then I guess "intellectual" design demands some involvment on the wearer part, which is a good thing, right?

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

This isn't about an item
                        I'm planning to buy but more how you approach wearing it. I know we've got a
                        few (Chinorz, Coldrice and probably a few others) posters who have a carpe
                        leather shirt and many more who are familiar with them.

What do you pair it with? Do
                        you wear it semi-buttoned with lots of killer jewelry (rings, necklaces,
                        whatever) and all black with your pants tucked into boots for a very "in
                        your face" look or do you pare it down by wearing it unbuttoned with say a
                        white tee, jeans and some chucks or plaintoe laceups? I'm aware it is possible
                        to do both, that's the beauty of this piece; I'm just wondering what's your
                        take on it.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

don't have one (I will one day), but I really would (and do) look at it as a light leather jacket, that's all. Which for me means paired with raw denim or black jeans, boots, and a light sweater or a tee underneath.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Precisely. I've just thrown it on over a white tee, jeans and some boots really casually, used it as a layering piece under a coat (I've seen photos of people layering it under a blazer followed by a plain tee), also worn it fully buttoned with black pants tucked into boots as well.

It covers the entire spectrum of versatility really.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

i do both. i usually don't put any thought into it though... because i
                              dress both ways regularly i just kind of throw it on whenever i feel
                              like it. but i haven't worn it completely buttoned - usually open or with a few buttons.

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

This Ann Dem jacket. Anyone seen it in person?

http://www.brownsfashion.com/BrownsF...ster/79295.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎