Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

hey man if he likes the clothes then let him wear that shit..
    Last edited by jcotteri; 03-28-2010, 05:14 AM.
    WTB: This

Comment

• diamonds
      • Dec 2006

its just a really bad outfit. it'd look goofy on anybody

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

reminds me of a fark outfit. sort of too much, too soon, too fast, totally out of his element, but wears it with pride.

it's also very forgettable. i wouldn't notice him on this street.

and he doesn't have the legs for shorts.

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

the ones i have.

certain legs look good with shorts imo. i was never blessed with them..

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

All the man has to do is ditch the accessories, vest, and boots, and he'll be fine. Many people wear RO without giving a damn about his aesthetic, message, or design philosohpy (I'll even go out on a limb and say some of them are on this board and have posted in WAYWT). I'm not agreeing with it; I'm just saying it's easy to jump on an anonymous stranger. Few have said anything constructive.

In terms of not having the legs for shorts, I'm not sure I know what you mean, endersgame. His legs are somewhat muscular, so I don't suppose you mean they aren't muscular enough. If you mean they're not skinny enough, let me tell you, I have long, skinny legs, and I try not to look in the mirror when I wear shorts. Grass is greener I suppose.
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

^^ my legs are more muscular than that guy. i use to do a lot of running and leg presses and now i can't get rid of my hulk legs. also can't fit into 99% of slim/j-legs pants, so if you have skinny legs, consider yourself lucky..

Comment

• sargon97
                • Jan 2009

I don't understand this not having the legs for shorts buisness either. Where I grew up everyone wore shorts; Shorts aren't like spandex or something. Also I don't think one needs special permission to wear Rick, but I don't like this particular outfit on him, maybe its the vest that kills it. Regardless of his outfit, his legs are fine for shorts.

Comment

• jgan85
                  • Apr 2008

^ agreed. IMO shorts are for any kind of legs, unless you have monster thighs and decide to wear some, say, tight lanvin summer shorts.

maybe there'd be less adverse reaction if dude was scowling.
                  ________
                  Unitarian-universalism advice
                  Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by editevening View Post
                    this.

Comment

• Mikael
                      • Feb 2009

Thanks to those who have done constructive comments.

When I look at the quality of the other comments, I understand why many must just lurk and never takes part of the discussion.

While you might find this to be a good thing, I would agree only if the comments were arsh but constructive, not just free bashing against someone who has just begun to be interested in a part of your universe (he has bought nothing) and who in anycase is not wearing such a ridiculous outfit to deserve such ridiculous comments.
                      -- Mikael

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                        All the man has to do is ditch the accessories, vest, and boots, and he'll be fine.
                        Second this, the only thing that struck me about the picture (besides his obvious "dress-up is fun!" smile) was how small his feet looked.

+ Chunkier boots
                        - Long vest

I don't get all the bashing when he's just having fun messing around with the store with his buddy Mikael, it's not as bad as a 'vintage' cartoon print t-shirt...
                        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

One of the things you learn after spending time on here and reading is that this is a place where critical exchange happens when something is worthy of that kind of discussion. There are a lot of other forums out there where you can have your friend dress up and then get people to post comments like, 'dope steez, homie! Keep it up!'

I just don't think you'll ever find that here on SZ and that's one of the reasons I keep coming back.

You want real input? Here's mine:

Suggest to your friend that he develop his own aesthetic and to shop at stores that sell clothing that he can relate to or speak to him personally. Experiment, have fun with it. Be drawn to something because of the way it affects him. Take his time and invest in pieces gradually.

That, in my opinion, is how you end up looking comfortable and natural in your clothes. Otherwise, you run the risk of looking like you put on something you'd normally never wear and you're doing so for the benefit of others and not yourself.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thank you, beardown, but I think you are being too optimistic about most people's level of care and thoughtfulness when it comes to dressing :-)

Mikael - at first I did not like the harsh comments, but your comment made me think that the more "where2kop" "sizinghelp" - in other words the more "i want to look like you, how to buy in?" - people stay away from SZ, the better off SZ will be. I am already alarmed at the number of old thoughtful members decreasing their contribution because they don't see much that is new and interesting to discuss. Of course this is natural and a part of any place that has reached maturity, but I would like to think that we can keep an intelligent discussion about fashion going.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jgan85 View Post

maybe there'd be less adverse reaction if dude was scowling.
                              even that, does not work.
                              [IMG][/IMG][/QUOTE]
                              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Mikael
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Mikael - at first I did not like the harsh comments, but your comment made me think that the more "where2kop" "sizinghelp" - in other words the more "i want to look like you, how to buy in?" - people stay away from SZ, the better off SZ will be. I am already alarmed at the number of old thoughtful members decreasing their contribution because they don't see much that is new and interesting to discuss. Of course this is natural and a part of any place that has reached maturity, but I would like to think that we can keep an intelligent discussion about fashion going.
                                I totally understand that and I would not have minded any harsh comments as long as they were constructive / justified. I can even understand the "legs not good for short" comment.

I know how hard it is to keep a forum alive + free of undesired people + full of the old members who helped build the community up.

One last comment: For most people, smiling when someone take a photo of you is something you should be doing. My friend is smiling on the photo because he was having a nice afternoon with me. It was not because he was feeling part of the RO tribe whereas he did not even know who RO was at the begining of the day. I own no RO clothe so he was not even trying to look like me.
                                -- Mikael

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎