Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huckleberry
    • Jul 2009

Looking to invest in a nice suit for my placement year, I have a couple of topman ones (I'm a student) but want a nice one that could be practical enough for a range of situations.

These two are on my mind atm any opinions:

tresbienshop.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tresbienshop.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

tresbienshop.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tresbienshop.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Might wait until sale time as its only a month away and tres bien shop always has great prices at sale time.

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

hmmm if i had to pick id go with the dvn ; they both look nice n all but honestly i dont love eihter one . i dislike how the wool on the schneider one has those tiny stripey stripes , i dont like that kinda texture on a suit plus i like the lapel on the dvn blazer better .

how bout u just get a rly great blazer and some good matching "dress" trousers , mite be a little cheaper on the whole also

Comment

• huckleberry
        • Jul 2009

I am leaning towards the dries too in all honesty. I like the schneider one due to the fabric. His fabrics are great up close and in person, I had the devotion blazer from his aw collection and the fabric was great just there was a little too much padding on the shoulders for me. I was thinking of keeping it and altering it but living in a small town I didnt trust the tailor to do a good enough job.
        I was thinking of getting a seperate jacket but I still have 2 months until I start and as I said before I do have some crappy ones which will be fine.

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

What, you can't make three grand in two months? Go for CCP!
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• jgan85
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
            ^^ I say no to that vest/blazer. It fails to be either one and just looks ill fitting from the pictures.
            ^ thanks for the reply, first i've got from here in a long while.
            ________
            Glass Pipe
            Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• huckleberry
              • Jul 2009

haha, I realised around christmas time that I can only dream of CCP for now. If one comes up in classifieds, and the price is right, it will be mine!

Comment

• jscl
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                Both are very similar, though the Julius ones seem to be quite a popular item this year... US retail is insane though. You can usually find Drkshdw more easily though, on ebay.. They got very cheap, sometimes under one bill.
                thanks for the input. i'll go with the drkshdw for now!
                JUST THE HITS

Comment

• ando
                  • Oct 2009

Hi this is more of a this or that question, but I'm considering between the Julius ss10 moto or fencing jacket. I like the fencing's design for simplicity but prefer the soft supple leather of the moto. Read the whole julius ss10 thread and more here and there but still can't make up my mind. Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

Be sure to specify which fencing jacket. Is it the buffalo one with the curved zipper that Drexl sold a while back, or the OG one Merz used to have, from like, '06?

I would recommend the latter.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

he means this one:

Comment

• ando
                        • Oct 2009

ah yeah sorry it was quite confusing, I meant the ss10 moto or the ss10 fencing. appreciate the inputs, BeauIXI and DJI!

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

Ahh, I would go for moto. Never was a fan of the double zipper.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Use it as a handy ankle bag while frequenting nude beaches in the summer, to maintain that unmistakable and brooding SZ identity.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

After seeing Awlouie's recent fit of the fencing with the mid-section removed, I'd go for the fencing over the moto.
                              Not quite a fan of this particular moto to begin with anyways..

Comment

• nakata
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2009

from what i've owned/tried. i'd go for the moto all the way. if you just like fencing style, i'd go this fencing: (i still like the fencing from thieves collection. But leather is quite stiff and i don't think that you can find it in mint condition)

The style & fit of this fencing are just simply amazing and the leather quite super soft but very substantail.
                                Last edited by nakata; 04-25-2010, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎