Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

it fits you fine, casem, but it doesn't quite suit your posture/personality, imo...it almost looks a little sloppy.

I def think you could make voluminous work, but
    you might start off with a less dramatic piece.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

Lad Musician leather. Lad stuff fits really nicely and I've been thinking this sort of rider might be a good bridge between my semi-dressed up stuff (ervell / a.p.c. / other lad stuff i have) and what rick / raf i have left. Black rider with non-black clothing a total faux-pas?
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

perhaps one of their more minimal riders would suit your needs better:

Comment

• AZH
          • Jan 2008

Servo2000, I second dji's suggestion. The latter leather jacket is much cleaner. The shiny zips and buttons on the first leather jacket are just too much.

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

I love the jacket and, while obviously very rock and roll, it should go perfect with what you describe. Lad's tailoring is totally perfect in that way.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

I had the same problem with my Y's trench at first. Those are difficult pieces to wear, but I find them much more enjoyable in the end than the usual fitted stuff.
              I don't think going for a smaller size would change anything, since it seems to be your size. For me the problem comes from the pants, much too narrow, and from the position of the knot on the belt. This is far too straight, to rigid. It needs to be a little more messed up.

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
              Yep, Siki Im. I don't wear much oversized/drapey clothing so I think it's just a matter of fitting into my wardrobe. I think something like this would look great on Christian or others who do drapery well. I guess I'm trying to figure out if sizing down can make it work for my wardrobe or if it will just be awkward going against what was intended for the garment...
              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Tumnus Truck-Tour
                Banned
                • Nov 2009

thinking of getting these from atelier. any opinions, yay or nay?

Comment

• YoungM
                  • Nov 2008

I like them, and I usually don't like that style of footwear. Also, Kangaroo sounds interesting. Get them.

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I tend to agree with Laika, I've slowly been branching out into a looser silhouette, but this coat might be a bit much for me at the moment. Plus, it's not even waterproof and what I really want is a raincoat. I wish I could afford Junya, I would love a mac from the current collection but I've never seen his stuff left at deep markdowns, the search continues...
                    music

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

comments please, on the fit...

the top half feels a bit loosey goosey. especially on the bicep and pit.
                      bottom half feels good.

it's L and if i go M, i would lose the shoulders..

Comment

• Fry Chicken
                        • Oct 2009

You can zip it easily? Surely yes. So you know it's too big for you

Comment

• nakata
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

is that 09SS version w/ the thin lamb leather? because it looks loose and not slim like 08AW lamb and 09AW oiled calfskin.

Comment

• Castor
                            • Nov 2009

Get the Medium. That skin will stretch easily as long as the sleeves and the length are good. Loosey goosey for sure.
                            Originally posted by DRRRK
                            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

it's 10SS calf. sort of the oily series. smells like heaven..

i don't think i can get the medium as an exchange. when i picked this up from thecorner. the medium was sold within minutes. plus, i can't go any less on the shoulders or else it starts to buckle.

i dunno, even if i could get medium, i would have shoulder issues..

Comment

• stereophobic
                                • Aug 2009

Definitely loosey-goosey :( I don't think anyone would fill out the top half even if they were to do barbell rows to develop the lats and biceps + eat 20 eggwhites like a madman. You could layer stuff underneath tho.
                                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎