• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    what do u guys think?
    Call me biased, but I just got it and love it. I had the same thoughts as you, but it's my new favourite leather.

Yes from me
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Castor
      • Nov 2009

Sadly, my least favorite Rick leather. I am not a fan of the collar zipped.
      Originally posted by DRRRK
      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

thanks guys. so far it is a tie, although mr. b really knows his rick. we need more votes!
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

well, I have 2 high collars and 2 motos, so if i got another, it would be this or the berger. I think it's a good basic jacket but the berger is a bit more exciting take on an mc IMO. If you get it, get the calf-think it's a bit more timeless.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

I'll give you my take tomorrow when my berger arrives...had the stooges in the summer weight leather [top image] with the tighter fit. It is the classic, a bit boring though for me...also found the wearing it closed [all the way] looked pretty shitty..wanna try it in heavier oiled calf before i make my judgment. But I had the same feeling as kunk, berger was more interesting take on it..

Comment

• BUMMER
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post

canvas and leather, for under $100? need a new bag to dump school stuff in (some books, a laptop).
              Under $100? Surprisingly nice esp. for that price!

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

I agree I theory and I always liked the cut of the Berger but the stronger diagonal in the zip just doesn't look good on me at all. Had the same problem with the space one from Strutter. I would actually think you would have the same problem, Will, having rather broad shoulders.

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                I'll give you my take tomorrow when my berger arrives...had the stooges in the summer weight leather [top image] with the tighter fit. It is the classic, a bit boring though for me...also found the wearing it closed [all the way] looked pretty shitty..wanna try it in heavier oiled calf before i make my judgment. But I had the same feeling as kunk, berger was more interesting take on it..
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

I know what you mean, I think they both suffer the same issue, with the ss09 space jacket being the worst offender...Berger has a couple options with how to wear it..as seen by rick and the runway.. moral of the story dont go past 3/4 zip

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Yes, and if you have a wide back and shoulders, while the leather will conform to some degree, it creates a pretty unflattering stretched out effect along the bottom.

Comment

• semper
                      • Feb 2009

same here. Good to hear I'm not the only one who has this problem with Rick :)
                      sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

i cannot stand that style of rick leather - screams hell's angel to me, biker trash, peril by social association...

-

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

^ lol im the same way cept i dont like or wear leather clothes at all . on others it looks ok but on me , nahhhhh makes me feel like i should be drinkin at the exit and listenin to motorhead . most leather seems too bikery to me , tho i did like one of the dior homme leathers from fw07 but it was done in such a way that it looked mad nice and not all smelly leather dad

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                            • Oct 2007

That jacket is awesome. While it's pretty accurate in design to an actual perfecto, the stylistic signature details in person make it an unmistakable "rick" leather (I had the fear that it would be too generic of a perfecto until I tried it on).

Plus, aside from the recent Berger, Rick was almost always wearing the stooges jacket. That's gotta count for something.

Oh, and:

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                              i cannot stand that style of rick leather - screams hell's angel to me, biker trash, peril by social association...
                              Why is this a bad thing?
                              Seriously, always a question of context. Mixing this up with all the other Rick I wear it creates an interesting contrast. Pair it with ripped 501s and Chucks and ... it will still be good actually. Can't fault this.

Comment

• nicelynice
                                • Oct 2009

That jacket is my favorite from Rick... literally everything I'd want in a classic perfecto jacket, with great Rick touches like elongated arms, no extraneous snaps or buckles, as well as inside pockets big enough to fit lunch and dinner. Also not a huge fan of ribbed cuffs on leather jackets, something that turns me off on a lot of Rick leathers.

Finally got it in the heavy washed lamb from Stag, and it's my go-to fall/winter jacket, looks good when paired with other Rick, but also looks good with just about everything else because of the traditional elements of its design.

I almost never wear it full zipped, because yes, it does feel a bit awkward, it looks best open or halfway zipped up. Here's a rather poorly taken fit picture for a better take on how it looks open:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎