Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

i'm only arguing personal style taste - leather is tricky for me in general, i've never understood the appeal of the leather jacket in the first place (the exception being anything that screams michael jackson as opposed to biker trash, à la s/s08 black/white pilot leather)

unfortunately, my distaste for leather has nothing but grown since moving to london - they're like vans in los angeles (or douchebags in vancouver), people seem to associate having a jacket made of tanned & treated animal skin on their hide (ha!) with coolness

i have to at least credit rick for making many leathers that defy the items' core subconscious social-references (in my head, au moins) allowing me to appreciate them as items of clothing, as opposed to just character accessories

-

Comment

• Ochre
      • Sep 2009

So I don't have any footwear I'm really proud of and I feel like everything I wear is being negated by my shoes in a way. I'm looking to upgrade for as little money as possible.

I found these vintage Dries Van Noten shoes.
      a) Do you think they're worth $200?
      b) Do you think they're nice enough to support a quality outfit? Or would they still detract from it?
      c) Do you think they're flexible enough to dress up and down?

Comment

• ardeetee
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
        http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/21/28819287.jpg
        only true fans will wear the skunk fur collar

Comment

• gsamsa
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
          So I don't have any footwear I'm really proud of and I feel like everything I wear is being negated by my shoes in a way. I'm looking to upgrade for as little money as possible.

b) Do you think they're nice enough to support a quality outfit? Or would they still detract from it?
          I'd say yes to all three,had good experience with Dries shoes long ago.See those floating around for a while now,would have been mines long ago if not for the size.

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

Re: The Dries shoes

If you're looking for an everyday oxford, I'd for something more matte personally and sans toe cap.
            It seems easier to me to dress down one that's matte...shows less wear and scuffs and the toe cap I associate with dressier shoes.

And I would go for a more rounded, classic shape around the toes rather than the pointier style here because it's more versatile with different outfits.

That's just me.
            I've no doubt that they're good shoes, I just think if you want something that will work with a lot of outfits, stick with something a little more classic in terms of toe shape.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

alright, where is the report?
              Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
              I'll give you my take tomorrow when my berger arrives...had the stooges in the summer weight leather [top image] with the tighter fit. It is the classic, a bit boring though for me...also found the wearing it closed [all the way] looked pretty shitty..wanna try it in heavier oiled calf before i make my judgment. But I had the same feeling as kunk, berger was more interesting take on it..
              i ended up voting no on the stooges jacket, but not necessarily due to the style itself. it was more due to the particular jacket i was considering. there were some flaws.

for me i think i most agree with commie rabbit, nicelynice and mr b's perspective. looks good with other rick, as an unmistakably rick jacket, but also looks good with everything else. total wearability.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                alright, where is the report?

i ended up voting no on the stooges jacket, but not necessarily due to the style itself. it was more due to the particular jacket i was considering. there were some flaws.

for me i think i most agree with commie rabbit, nicelynice and mr b's perspective. looks good with other rick, as an unmistakably rick jacket, but also looks good with everything else. total wearability.
                haha, sorry for the delay..

It's a total hit, love it. Has all the trademarks of the classic perfecto, but in much more exaggerated features. I like the jacket's ability to be worn in many very different ways....opened, zipped up, zipped up 3/4s, snapped at neck and unzipped..the collar also has a lot of character..whether it be totally popped, or just up on the back of the neck, or totally down. The jacket fits my body much better than my Stooges did, the hammered leather is a good middle ground between super lightweight lamb and the heavy weight oiled calf. The finished sleeves are a nice touch, and the arm pockets are actually quite useful for a phone, cash or whatever. Really surprised me how versatile the jacket is, easily wear stuff underneath without bulking up the body. I also really love the dramatic silhouette created by the sharp lines. In the end of the day, the Berger is just a Stooges on steroids...it really comes down to either being a leather jacket guy or a rick guy, one who is after his overall silhouette as opposed to the one piece...if that makes any sense

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

The Berger completely overpowered me. Glad you love yours.
                  Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

yes/no this uc jacket

was my fave jacket from that collection , guy wants like 85k yen . idk bout that light grey color tho i kinda only want it in that lighter brown . plus i hate buyin winter jackets in june/july when it starts to get sweatin balls hot out cos i wont be able to wear it for months and i dont even wanna think about winter rite now

Comment

• ironman
                      • Apr 2008

for some reason that jacket was made in china. it's still a nice jacket. just think you should maybe factor that into your decision? dunno maybe it's just me

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

what how do u kno it was made in china like whered u see it

Comment

• mike
                          • Dec 2006

if you wait till winter the price might be higher or it may be sold already. buying things if the off season is always best.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ochre View Post

Also agreeing on these, Dries shoes are top notch quality, I own four pairs of shoes by him an except for one pair of sneaks, I have had no problems with any of them
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jgan85
                              • Apr 2008

ladies?

for my girl - Y/N on this MMM skirt? i'm tending towards N.

________
                              Turkish Recipes
                              Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

^ if she has small hips big yeah. i think its a beauty and is it navy, if so even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎