Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

yea i know but thats not my main reason for asking.

sorry if i forgot to mention it at first. i was wondering along the lines of whether which colour might bring out the design aspect of it better. since ive never handled it in person, maybe someone who has would shed some insight.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

the gray, i would imagine. black tends to hide things... which is why i like it :-)
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

if you want the twisting to be more apparent, and taking into account the weather in Singapore, the steel.

awwwwww Faust, your chest and shoulders aren't that bad ;)
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Julius twist top

Nic, I'd go for the steel. In fact I was looking at that exact same piece last month, but did not pull the trigger because I was unsure about the sizing, decided to hold off on it till I get to tokyo end next week.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
            if you want the twisting to be more apparent, and taking into account the weather in Singapore, the steel.

awwwwww Faust, your chest and shoulders aren't that bad ;)
            lol, no, i meant that i like when the details are at their most subtle.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

thanks to all for the feedback. actually, i thought of faust's point, where details are most subtle, which is what i like about black. but yet the steel looks so good. thus the dilemma. will probably give it a few night's sleep on it

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

Julius twist top

Personally, I'd go for the lighter colour first because most of my pants are black or very dark tones, and I don't usually like to go all black.
                Helps that in this case, the Steel does look great. Sure, the Black's more subtle, but it's not like the Steel screams.
                If the Steel fits well, and i like the cut & fabric enough, then maybe I'd go for the black too. That's how i usually operate for my basics.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                  • Oct 2009

Have been looking for a jacket/blazer for fall that I can wear outside with just a sweater underneath.
                  Really liking these both pieces from LUC, opinions please.
                  Also anybody ever tried/handled these IRL?
                  Last edited by TheNotoriousT; 08-25-2010, 02:44 AM.
                  "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

I have tried on the first jacket you flag, which is current season.
                    It is a beautiful piece and the working in the material is absolutely stunning and incredibly skillful....LUC at its best!!
                    It did seem to come up quite large on me, so if you are between a 48/50, I would go for the 48 even taking into account a jumper underneath.
                    It was a pretty substantial weight so would work well as an outside jacket.
                    The only thing that stopped me pulling the trigger was the shape of the collar which didn't quite work for me, but I am sure other people will love. (Also holding out for Harnden AW collection for my outside jackets)

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                    Have been looking for a jacket/blazer for fall that I can wear outside with just a sweater underneath.
                    Really liking these both pieces from LUC, opinions please.
                    Also anybody ever tried/handled these IRL?
                    Online sales of international clothing brands and young independent designers, unique fashion products result of intense research and selection.

http://www.lazzariweb.it/shop/produc...31f3bb1081595d
                    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Notorious, can't go wrong with either, but the first one is out of this world-sick. It's the one I wrote up in my article, made from recycled pieces inside, fused with another layer. Each piece is unique - a true collector's item.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fenrost
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

i would go for the first one between the two, agree its out of this world.

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                        The only thing that stopped me pulling the trigger was the shape of the collar which didn't quite work for me, but I am sure other people will love. (Also holding out for Harnden AW collection for my outside jackets)
                        in the same boat..

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                          • Oct 2009

Eton, Faust and Rob thank you guys very much.
                          Will post a WAYWT today once I decided but I am pretty sure I'll drop some extra € and go for the first one.
                          Caught my attention right away.
                          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

Re: LUC

I guess I'm in the minority then....I do not like that first jacket at all. The production technique is indeed very interesting, but visually it just doesn't appeal to me. The simpler, all-wool version of this farmer's jacket is what i'm personally looking at...it's more classic and has greater longevity imo.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

it's something off with it, I can't really put my finger on it, but probably it has something to do with the collar. although, pictures of it worn, as a matter of fact pictures of it at all, have been minimal. I'm absolutely sure that the technique and fabric is awesome though.

I have to agree with eton here and say that Harnden probably would be my choice if I was going to get this kind of jacket.

but it seems that you've already made up your mind, which is great.

on another note, they got black pants now in your size too T. so you don't have to dye the beige pair :)

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                                it's something off with it, I can't really put my finger on it, but probably it has something to do with the collar. although, pictures of it worn, as a matter of fact pictures of it at all, have been minimal. I'm absolutely sure that the technique and fabric is awesome though.

I have to agree with eton here and say that Harnden probably would be my choice if I was going to get this kind of jacket.

but it seems that you've already made up your mind, which is great.

on another note, they got black pants now in your size too T. so you don't have to dye the beige pair :)
                                Hey C,
                                thanks for the input and yes I guess I will go for first LUC jacket.
                                Black J-pants in 46 should arrive at my door tommorrow.
                                Thanks
                                T

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎