X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Is it weird that when I went to the Alan Bilzerian link, I already had a pair of red object dyed CCP gloves in my cart?

Talk about being pushy....
    (that was just a weak joke)

I like the Lost & Found coat best out of those 3 but I like this one even better:
    The Archive SF is a San Francisco men's fashion boutique where you can find progressive and unique dark fashion designs. Discover emerging brands—learn more!
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
      • Oct 2007

Kunk, go for the wool trench. The sleek, sharp and angular silhouette would provide sufficient contrast with your frame and mesh perfectly with your suburban supervillain spaceman concept.

The others two aren't structured enough and would just end up looking lifeless and uninteresting on you IMO.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

sig'ed
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
          whats the verdict on this MA jacket? Not sure if i should cop. did anyone see other colours or without the inner wool stripes?

so is the general consensus on this jacket a "NO"?

it looks very cool to me in pics. is it the fit that is off? how is the fabric? is it soft? stiff? cheap feeling? luxurious? is it kind of clingy in an unflattering way unless u have a body like SA? i need as much info as possible because i am really on the fence and need to make a decision. thanks in advance!!
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

The overall verdict of the inquisition seems to be a no...
            Bit I still like it. The fabric is thick, stiff and soft at the same time. Feels good on the skin. Fit is tight and I love the look. Would have copped if I wouldn't care about money...that's just my two cents;)
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

just to add my 2cents worth.....I have this from last season - slightly different fabric than this season, mine is a heavy jersey vs the new season which appears more like a thick cotton (more spongey and less rigid)
              ...you can see the difference if you compare the pics....

I actually find that this grandma is one of the best fits of any of the MA+ jackets, and it is incredibly versatile and fits really well....plus it also has the leather piping between the seams which is a nice addition....I definitely give this a thumbs up!

CJ - what are you referring to when you say 'without the inner wool stripes'?
              Last edited by eton97; 10-10-2010, 04:30 PM.
              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

thanks guys,

eton - that was theaddict's quote but i think he is referring to the strips of wool material that appear to be like inserts on the inner layer

and eton i originally liked the older model you have but since it is long gone and i have found the new one in my size i may just go for it. i like how the raw edges really roll up on this one.

for those of you that have handled the jacket, what is the feel of the inside of the material? i have an aviator from SS08 (i think) that looks like a similar material. it rolls up pretty severely like that. the inside is kind of terry-like(?). like the inside of very nice heavy duty sweatshirt jersey type material if that makes sense. looks like this:

is it like this or more of a smooth hand...?

Comment

• DmD
                  • Jul 2010

Thought I'd add one more opinion to the mix. I also have the same version of this jacket as eton97 and I completely agree with his comments.

eton97: I actually find that this grandma is one of the best fits of any of the MA+ jackets, and it is incredibly versatile and fits really well....plus it also has the leather piping between the seams which is a nice addition....I definitely give this a thums up!

The leather piping is hard to appreciate unless you see it in person. It's beautifully constructed. I later bought the same jacket in a black, lighter weight jersey and I like this version just as much. This fabric is much more flexible, but the cut works just as well with this material.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                    • Nov 2009

... thick, stiff and soft at the same time. Feels good on the skin.
                    Doesn't this belong in the Augusta XXX thread?

Comment

• thomcat
                      • May 2009

i have been looking for an asymmetrical jacket/blazer from ann for some time and am now looking at this:
                      anyone has any experience with it? is it thick enough for winter?

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

I'll echo the past sentiments that most of Ann's outwear isn't suited for really cold weather. This piece is more of a jacket than a coat, where you'd need a coat for colder weather.

You could definitely layer underneath if it's large enough on you but as far as a main 'coat' for winter, I doubt you'd find that it would keep you suitably warm.

It's a great jacket though...perfect for fall and early spring when things are just starting to thaw out.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                          just to add my 2cents worth.....I have this from last season - slightly different fabric than this season, mine is a heavy jersey vs the new season which appears more like a thick cotton (more spongey and less rigid)
                          ...you can see the difference if you compare the pics....

I actually find that this grandma is one of the best fits of any of the MA+ jackets, and it is incredibly versatile and fits really well....plus it also has the leather piping between the seams which is a nice addition....I definitely give this a thumbs up!

CJ - what are you referring to when you say 'without the inner wool stripes'?
                          I have this version too and it is one of my favorite jackets. I heard he won't make this version anymore w the leather seams. I also love the quilted inner arm fabric I expect this coat to be on the level of the overlock or fencing in sz lore soon.
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DmD View Post
                            Thought I'd add one more opinion to the mix. I also have the same version of this jacket as eton97 and I completely agree with his comments.

The leather piping is hard to appreciate unless you see it in person. It's beautifully constructed. I later bought the same jacket in a black, lighter weight jersey and I like this version just as much. This fabric is much more flexible, but the cut works just as well with this material.
                            pls post pics of black version in ma thread. thx!
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Trebre
                              • Mar 2009

The overall verdict of the inquisition seems to be a no...
                              Bit I still like it. The fabric is thick, stiff and soft at the same time. Feels good on the skin. Fit is tight and I love the look. Would have copped if I wouldn't care about money...that's just my two cents;)
                              Love that jacket...
                              Got it by the end of this August and have been wearing it practically non stop since...
                              Extremely comfortable, but still sharp.
                              It's a genius cut imho.

Paired with the slim pant in same color it looks like even better.
                              Haven't seen any other colors.

Amadei's been using that fabric a long time, and i'm addicted.
                              Fell in love w it when i bought a pair of pants and an aviator in '07.
                              It will most likely last forever.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

which fabric/model? the older one that nod and eton have or the new one that i and theaddict asked about?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎