X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

well, i would probably personally opt for two things i like quite a lot over one grail, just to have a bit more variety. i think it depends on your circumstances. i will say, though, that i have skipped a few grails in favor of volume and regretted it on a few occasions.

when you have a few truly superior items, you will potentially force them into every outfit.

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

assuming you like them all, i would get the leather that would stand up to wear. meaning no water stains when wet, and doesn't get easily scuffed.

that's just my preference..

Comment

• thejjbb
        • Apr 2008

^^^ about $4000 dollars.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
          Who says a CCP is a grail and that a RO jacket is not? Thanks for letting me know Carpe Noctem.
          I didn't mean it like that. It's just hard to deny that more than often, most would associate a CCP leather with a rarified, "grail" purchase over a RO. A lot of this has to do with the allure of CCP, the low production (compared to Rick), and the (probable) higher quality of jacket. I chose one of the RO's and I'm stoked about it--one of my favorite leathers from Rick. Probably going to pick up the other as well in favor of the CCP. The other factor to consider is that CCP in my size rarely comes up.

^^Well, about $1500 in my case.
          "My Roll is to Rock"
          -Jimmy Page

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

hahaa idk bout $$$ equatin to something bein more of a grail then somethin less expensive . like i have zero interest in ccp stuff , whenever i see some of it i just wanna grab my balls and touch whatever ccp item it is and walk away . the grails ive had are almost always things i missed out on and for the life of me cant fuckin find .

Comment

• nicelynice
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
              like i have zero interest in ccp stuff , whenever i see some of it i just wanna grab my balls and touch whatever ccp item it is and walk away
              This is my general response as well.. walked into Lift balls fully clenched, felt all the CCP, then exited the store with a sigh of relief

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

rofl nice

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                  • Dec 2010

lol. I also agree on the money != grails. But there's a pretty high correlation with quality and price.
                  "My Roll is to Rock"
                  -Jimmy Page

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
                    lol. I also agree on the money != grails. But there's a pretty high correlation with quality and price.
                    But it's not significant on 5% level...
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• sshum88
                      • Dec 2007

You have to get the one you love...you're the one wearing it at the end of the day and as others have already pointed out, everyone's grail is different.

Would you rather get two beautiful jackets that you love or one "grail" jacket that you kind of like but everyone else loves?
                      There's a thread here which discusses this in some detail and challenges the notion that high price = high quality. You should look that up.

But there's a pretty high correlation with quality and price.
                      Originally posted by eat me
                      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                        • Apr 2009

Would you rather get two beautiful jackets that you love or one "grail" jacket that you kind of like but everyone else loves? (2 RO vs CCP). I've already pretty much made up my mind, just curious on what other's thoughts on this are.
                        Shouldnt even be a question in my opinion. If you're gonna start buying stuff other people like its gonna get real expensive pretty fast. And who cares what others think anyway? Not people on this forum, then they would probably not dress in clothes that 90 % of the population in any given country would describe as "weird" at its best.

I mean a grail is something YOU really want, not something universal.
                        I do understand what you mean though, I believe it was Immanuel Kant who explained that humans believe their personality is reflected in their taste, which explains why we so badly want our taste to be appreciated by others =)

Comment

• Ochre
                          • Sep 2009

I'm having a huge dilemma and need timely advice as my opportunity to purchase will end after today.

I found an OG Helmut Lang moleskin full-length coat for less than $200. It is warm, beautifully made, and fits me like a freaking dream. (Think CCP high collar look). I love it in every way.

Only problem is that I think it's a women's coat (size says 40 but it's very small, seems like it'd be a 36 in mens) and the buttons are on the left-hand side.

Should I still get it? Most of the time I think I'd be wearing it buttoned up (so you can't tell the difference) anyway but is it strange to where a coat made for a woman? Mind you, there is no special darting along the coat or anything that would suggest it was cut/made for a woman's body.
                          Last edited by Ochre; 01-09-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

get it . if it fits well and you really like it id say get ittttttt . i never knew ladies shit had buttons on the other side till i tried a ladys shirt on before and couldnt figure out why it was takin me over 5 mins to try and button it up . still i dont think many people will even notice the buttons are on the other side when u wear it open and even if someone did notice and was like ' sup is that a ladys coat ? ' just be like yaaa but it looks dope
                            if there are no special details and the cut isnt shaped like a girls coat i highhhhly doubt anyone would even know it wasnt originally produced for guys .

edit: more i think bout it more i realize alot of the shit i and prol a good number of people on here would wear looks like it could be for a girl also lol , so ya i dont think its strange to wear a coat like that

Comment

• jgan85
                              • Apr 2008

Ochre, get it - i have a couple of women's pieces too, and save for the trouble buttoning, if the cut is not particularly female nobody will ever notice unless they're staring at your buttons

Comment

• Ochre
                                • Sep 2009

haha thanks guys.. this support is good! Keep it coming. Shop opens at 12 so I'll make a final decision then.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎