Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw
    • Oct 2009

Thanks for the opinions fellas. Normally this would have been an easy choice but I do tend to like reverse or distressed leather more than normal smooth leather, which is why I was a little undecided. Eton if your Augustas were a 42 I would have bought them .

But I think the MA+ will age better and show better distressing/creasing with more wear, whereas the Julius doesn't show much wear at all coz they're so tough.

Sold and ordered .

Comment

• eckblk
      • Mar 2010

^ you can size down one on the bubble toe shaped Cdiems.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

those carpes look beat and i don't think those ma+ will look right if they are cut down to mid-ankle height. i say hold out for something better....
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• sargon97
          • Jan 2009

Yeah maybe I should go for the 2.5k ones

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

^ Carpe + MA+, I would pass on both personally. I'm not a big fan of the metal eyelets on the 1st pair plus they look beat up. The rugged soles on the 2nd pair kill it for me.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• jscl
              • Jan 2010

Used Rick black/milk trainers from 09 or DBSS black re-issues?
              JUST THE HITS

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

DBSS! Just got a pair of the gray ones and fell in love all over again.
                (the "all over again" being due to already having had a pair of black ones for a couple years)

Comment

• jscl
                  • Jan 2010

yeah i can't decide between the gray or black...
                  JUST THE HITS

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

DBSS are not as iconic and recognizable, cheaper, much better in terms of quality... But Rick dunks are beautiful.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                      • Dec 2010

Thoughts on any of these?

dior fw10 $900

CD $790 opening bid

or these ( can't pull the image ) http://cgi.ebay.com/Carol-Christian-...#ht_500wt_1156
                      "My Roll is to Rock"
                      -Jimmy Page

Comment

• sshum88
                        • Dec 2007

^ Carpe Noctem...depends on what you need. I would go for the CCP derbys if they fit and then the Carpe boots.
                        Originally posted by eat me
                        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

would be hard to come up with more varying options than those 3, they aren't really comparable
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                            • Dec 2010

Think of the comparison in an absolute sense as opposed to a relative basis. I don't really need any of those, but it'd be nice to have a new pair of kicks.

I normally wear a 13US and I'm concerned the CCP may not fit, even with the insole taken out. Any advice on that?
                            "My Roll is to Rock"
                            -Jimmy Page

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

the ccp won't fit, even if it runs big for a 10 which it likely does. the dior are not worth the $$ and buckle straps are a useless detail which annoys me. cdiem all the way man! if u find u don't like the brown u can dye them for cheap. it may be heresy but once the boot is yours u can do whatever u want with it. i just dyed a brand new ma+ boot and it looks perfect!
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gnow
                                • Jun 2010

LUC s/s tee

Could anyone who have handled the tees from s/s 2009 before comment on the material? I'm looking to get either piece from lazzari, but was hoping if I could get any feedback here first. Own a LS, and SS myself, but mostly from later seasons.

My main concern is if the material is very soft/thin/sheer-like? I don't want it thick like a short sleeve sweater, neither do I want it too thin whereby my nipples will show. Also, any idea if the latter is reversible? Would pretty much rather just purchase only one too, and am leaning more on to the second one as off now, mainly due to the color composition.

Links below:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎