• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost53
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    Ann shirt with double-sided buttons.

I actually tried size L on the other day (they were selling it for 650 euro ) and it fit me pretty great (although I usually wear XS….)

What I basically wanted to ask if you find it a bit over the top/theatrical.
    Mr Kard,
    I really like this, for me it is not too ott. I would dress it down, think it would be best paired with simple jeans or trousers. Wish they had an S! Good shirts with a nice twist are hard to come by.

Comment

• neonrider
      • Jan 2008

seatbelts, yes. but you might want to hold out for one in better shape. i feel like half the point of a julius leather is for it to mold to you.
      ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• edhohoho
        • Jan 2011

The Julius fencing is pretty nice. Not crazy about the somewhat plain front, but it works in that the darts on either side of the front panel are there. I agree with neonrider that the leather seems a bit wrinkly in the bottom front and back, as well as the sleeve ends...I don't mind the creases at the elbows of the sleeves though. Maybe if it's zipped up and snug, it will smooth out and form to your body more.

Comment

• seatbelts
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by neonrider View Post
          seatbelts, yes. but you might want to hold out for one in better shape. i feel like half the point of a julius leather is for it to mold to you.
          Originally posted by edhohoho View Post
          The Julius fencing is pretty nice. Not crazy about the somewhat plain front, but it works in that the darts on either side of the front panel are there. I agree with neonrider that the leather seems a bit wrinkly in the bottom front and back...I don't mind the creases at the elbows of the sleeves though. Maybe if it's zipped up and snug, it will smooth out and form to your body more.
          Thanks, I think I'm going to pass.
          julius leather jacket size 2
          http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• jscl
            • Jan 2010

Looking for a pair of boots... Guidi 995 lace ups or CCP tornado zips?

I realize theyre quite different but I'm looking for another daily pair to go along with my ccp derbies. My typical outfit is a RO exploder bomber and high collar intarsia with drkshdw jeans... might try tucking my pants, not sure...
            JUST THE HITS

Comment

• t-bone
              • Dec 2009

Slimming Sleeves?

Following from Faust's pants-modification...

I got a good deal on the long jacquard Ann threader in a Medium, and it's almost warm enough to start wearing it.

While it fits my once-48-now50ish shoulders, the sleeves are a little too wide for my liking. Thinking of tapering them from the underarm to the end of the sleeve an inch or two to slim them up. What say you?

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

why not, assuming theres a straight inseam on the sleeve, its a very easy alteration.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Zenith
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by seatbelts View Post
                  Thanks, I think I'm going to pass.
                  Keep in mind the leather is supposed to be a little creased straight out of production. Also slick carf or whatever they used to make that fencing is easily one of my favorites, and most substantial leathers that julius have ever made. It fits pretty large though compared to the usual julius sizing though.

What I find surprising though is how often they pop up on ebay and sufu, unless its the same jacket bumped back and forth, like that grey rick two-tone

Comment

• seatbelts
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                    Keep in mind the leather is supposed to be a little creased straight out of production. Also slick carf or whatever they used to make that fencing is easily one of my favorites, and most substantial leathers that julius have ever made. It fits pretty large though compared to the usual julius sizing though.

What I find surprising though is how often they pop up on ebay and sufu, unless its the same jacket bumped back and forth, like that grey rick two-tone
                    That jacket has been to 2-3 owners in the past month.

Now I'm currently looking at an RO Geo in dust. Does anyone here own a Geo? I'm not really a fan of it zipped up, but I do like the collar when partially unzipped and flattened.

Or maybe an RO perfecto in dust. I can't decide.
                    Last edited by seatbelts; 03-03-2011, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• gnow
                      • Jun 2010

^ well. I remember lots of peeps getting rid of their high collars in the past; after the hype was over. Looks like u missed out.

Comment

• Zenith
                        • Jun 2009

Do these fit a little large? I usually wear a 41 but they only had 42 left on sale I feel like there's a half size of room left in them. I can probably wear insoles but I'm not the tallest guy, so don't want feet to look more comical than they should in these.

Keep? Return?

Comment

• seatbelts
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                          Do these fit a little large? I usually wear a 41 but they only had 42 left on sale I feel like there's a half size of room left in them. I can probably wear insoles but I'm not the tallest guy, so don't want feet to look more comical than they should in these.

Keep? Return?
                          They look fine but if you want, sell em my way :P

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

^Zenith, I have just been through the exact same thing!!!

I think they look fine on you.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

how does one tell if shoes fit from pictures?

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

^ He's not asking about the physical fit, he's asking about if it looks too big.

You kind of need a whole body shot to see if the shoes are too big looking for you. And with your recent waywt...yes I think the shoes are definitely too large for your body size. In my opinion anyway. Especially in the second picture.

Second picture from waywt:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎