Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • underground lover
    • Feb 2010

I'm after some classic black wedges. I've been lusting over the Rick's for a long time but have now been tempted by Ann's. I know that there has been some quality issues with the men's wedges but then I have friends who's Ann boots haven't held up too well either.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these? Looking for some opinions regarding quality, materials and versatility mostly.

subvert normality.

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

I always thought Ann's men's & women's boots were of a very good quality, and I prefer them personally. However I must say the women's tend to be a bit aggressive looking and impose themselves on an outfit by being the centre of attention, while the Rick ones are a passepartout and can match a variety of styles.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• jscl
        • Jan 2010

my girlfriend has the ricks for a while and she says they're her most comfortable. no problems with quality as of now
        JUST THE HITS

Comment

• gnow
          • Jun 2010

Wondering if i should sell my only remaining pair of blue denim. I just can't fathom not having a pair of blue jeans in my wardrobe, but I at the same time, I hardly wear em out anymore. Its a pair of Diors UMC if anyone is wondering

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

sell em. or dye them. every time i make the mistake of wearing a pair of blue jeans i feel awkward that whole day - as if i had a big zit on my forehead.

Comment

• gnow
              • Jun 2010

Shucks, that was exactly how I felt yesterday. And the fact that I just got rid of all my Dior items is not gonna help me keep this pair. I'll most probably sell it.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                • Dec 2010

I know there's a ton of discussion about this piece, but what's the current consensus on the blistered two tone rick leather?

"My Roll is to Rock"
                -Jimmy Page

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

It's a cool piece, or was a cool piece. I have the feeling most people have moved on concerning this piece. I felt like a F1-driver when I had it on. Rick have done better jackets that's easier to wear with ease. Berger for example.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

How can something be cool and then stop? I think what you're actually referring to is hype. Beyond that, this is by far my favorite short jacket design by Rick, although I have to say I prefer the normal leather or nylon versions. I'm not sure any of the gradient/two-tone stuff can be successfully pulled off, with the exception of the Power Rangers on a casual night out.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by gnow View Post
                      Wondering if i should sell my only remaining pair of blue denim. I just can't fathom not having a pair of blue jeans in my wardrobe, but I at the same time, I hardly wear em out anymore. Its a pair of Diors UMC if anyone is wondering
                      i have 1 pair of apc blue jeans that i will wear when i have too see certain older members of my family so i look "casual", i cant wear rick around 80+ yrs old hungarian grandparents in rural virginia. i am kind of a packrat though and have the mentality of "well i might wear it some day...." so i rarely get rid of anything and my closet has the battle scars to prove it.

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

^In regards to the RO two tone blistered, it is as cool as fuck.
                        Why would one give a hoot as to what the current opinion is..?

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                          How can something be cool and then stop? I think what you're actually referring to is hype. Beyond that, this is by far my favorite short jacket design by Rick, although I have to say I prefer the normal leather or nylon versions. I'm not sure any of the gradient/two-tone stuff can be successfully pulled off, with the exception of the Power Rangers on a casual night out.
                          Yeah, I hoped that it was clear between the lines

The essence of my post was that I never felt home in it, and that I think there is other leathers from Rick out there that I think is money better spent.

But as it has been said, if you like it, don't give f what we think

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                            ^In regards to the RO two tone blistered, it is as cool as fuck.
                            Why would one give a hoot as to what the current opinion is..?
                            Because public opinion and approval is the root of this entire thread. And anyone who says otherwise is just lying.

^Yeah I'm not sure if I will like it. Never put it on and never seen it in real life haha. But it looks dope in pictures.
                            "My Roll is to Rock"
                            -Jimmy Page

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

it's a rad jacket and a rad colorway. do it.

Comment

• couturehomme
                                • Oct 2008

if it's an XL and you're still not sure, PM me...
                                i'll buy it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎