X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docus
    • Dec 2010

^^^ Agreed.

Just eat a few of these and it'll be perfect.

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

I don't think it looks good. Leather jackets are not clothes to be worn oversized IMO.
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• quiet noise
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

MoFiya: i appreciate your honest input, but do you think it would be worth it to leave it to a tailor? with the advanced julius seamwork, it might be hard to alter it without screwing up the seams/proportions.

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

I am no expert in having things tailored, especially not leather jackets. I wouldn't risk it if I were you, but that shouldn't mean too much...
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

unless you have a really excellent tailor i wouldnt trust your leather leather to anyone. how does it look when open?

Comment

• lost53
              • Dec 2010

It really is a question of taste, Mofia says no and Docus&CJ yes...
              Personally I am somewhere in the middle... depends a bit on the rest of your wardrobe, and what look you are going for.

What really counts is how you feel in it, obvious, I know but if you feel comfortable then rock it.
              I have both a second skin style leather and also something a little bigger so I can squeeze a jumper under in the winter.

I really would not get this piece tailored. The arm volume would need to be adjusted as would the shoulders and then the body. That is allot to go wrong... And I think you would be hard pushed to find someone whom understands the proportions you desire and can execute the work properly.

Additionally Docus made a good point in regards to layering, you do have plenty of room for a thick jumper for the winter months.. then cop a smaller one for the summer!!

Comment

• quiet noise
                Banned
                • Dec 2008

damnit, i think it might be too big after all... i bought it for spring/summer use so i dont really plan to wear a lot of layering underneath it. fuck my life, the leather is so good.

Comment

• lost53
                  • Dec 2010

Yep, with this image you know it!!

Don't butcher it....

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

lost53: sorry, i dont know how to interpret your post.

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
                    Don't butcher it....
                    does this mean that you dont think that i should take it to a tailor? sorry, im not too familiar with american/english "slang"

Dane: Yup, size 2.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Is it a size 2?
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

You know it.. as in yes it is too big! This image really shows the jacket better. The arm volume is far too big, even allowing for layering this isn't working.. sorry! And for the butchering.. sorry a crude expression = tailoring!

The Damir jacket is a lovely piece.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by theblackpalette View Post

Ann s/s11 sandals..yes or no?

LN-CC fit pics: http://www.ln-cc.com/ann-demeulemees.../ann010046blk/

and from a distance the straps definitely resemble tevas

it never fails to surprise me how Ann makes some of the best shoes and some of the butt-ugliest shoes
                          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Lost: thanks for clarification, for some reason i read a tone of sarcasm in your post (probably the double exclamation point) and i thought "dont butcher it" could mean something like "dont butcher this thread with inane posts"

either way, i agree with you and i wont take this to a tailor unless someone of my friends knows a crazy-good one. i might try the wash technique...

Comment

• neonrider
                              • Jan 2008

don't tailor, don't wash (unlikely to change the size enough), i'd just sell and pick up another one. there are tons of nice julius leathers floating around these days.
                              ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

these seem like a good alternative to shorts for summer months but i am just unsure about the lack of back pannel and my "man legs" showing through the elastic/leather straps.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎