Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

can you show how it fits across your back? so far it looks fine but it looks a bit tight at the shoulders. how much have you worn it? it should stretch out to fit. i wouldnt give this one up just yet.

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

i have only worn it 3-4 times max, but can you really expect washed calf to stretch out that much?

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
        i suck you dick for comments/feedback.
        No, thanks but it looks alright from the front. Let us see a back shot! I had this piece too and the back looked horrible because it is cut so short...
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• docus
          • Dec 2010

I think it looks fine from the front - a good snug fit. It's a really nice jacet, I prefer it to the Julius on you. Like others have said, a back shot would help.

I have the heavy calf Rick's jacket from SS09 and it has softened and stretched a bit - not a lot but enough - it was a little too tight at first and now it's well moulded to me.

Comment

• quiet noise
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Thank you for your thoughtful posts. i will try to get a back shot later, but cant do it on my own i would need someone to hold the camera for me :)

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by couturehomme View Post

yay or nay?

edit: more importantly, if anybody's actually seen these in stores, what's the leather quality and construction like?
              My brother has a pair. They are ridiculously lightweight, think of them like trainer (...sneaker?) boots, rather than traditional boots. Sole is light, leather is really soft on the inside and treated on the outside.

*edit* I'm a numpty, had a second look, and they're defo stitched to the sole. He's been wearing them hard and they look fine so far.
              Last edited by syed; 05-04-2011, 08:38 AM.
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• couturehomme
                • Oct 2008

^^^

thanks to you and all who responded...
                just thought they were interesting looking...not really looking to buy, particularly at that price...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

quiet noise....fit of the jacket looks pretty spot on to me, especially so with what you're wearing in that pic.

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

here we go. as you can see it bulks around the neck :/
                    i should try to put on some weight btw, my mums old acnes in size 26 are starting to fit sloppy. but if i do that, i might not be able to pull off the leather jacket at all :(

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

you could just do squats?

Comment

• docus
                        • Dec 2010

I'm not sure what you mean by bulk around the neck - I don't really see it. Overall I think it looks great - the back is quite short but that's also the case with most Ricks and Julius too - it's a classic biker shape. I think it's a really nice jacket - good fit and it suits you. In my experience calf will stretch a bit but it will take time and lots of wear. Try to wear it with some layers under it to increase the pressure on the leather, but don't expect it to stretch overnight - my calf RO took about 2 months to mould to my shape (but it is very thick calf leather). The stretch has been slight and subtle but it is just enough, and now it feels like it was made to measure for me personally.

Comment

• lost53
                          • Dec 2010

...I also can't see any bulking around the neck.... Maybe cut down on the Bj's..!!??

It is rather snug across the shoulders but nothing untoward, and it will get better with wear.
                          And from the front this jacket looks great on you!!
                          Wear and enjoy!

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

thanks for all the helpful feedback. i feel like i need to stop worrying so much and start to actually enjoy what i have

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

.... infatuation is an affliction that is hard work, and the rewards are seldom... But there is no going back!!! Enjoy the coat it looks great!

Comment

• quiet noise
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2008

i think im just suffering from the spoiled-child syndrome. i remember back when i was in kindergarden i used to crave a nintendo 64, and when i got one for christmas i played it for two days before i started to nag my parents about getting a PS2. the same thing applies here, really. i get all worked up and excited for 30 minutes after sending a paypal payment, but two hours later already planning my next purchase, wich has to be bigger and better. Im usualy bored with the stuff i buy before it even hits my mailbox.

i guess its my parents fault for always giving me what i asked for.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎