Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franz
    • Mar 2011

From teh pic, the fit around teh shoulders (not on the side of your body) seem to be wrong (some creasing...)

But mostly, it seems a bit short. could be also the colors that emphasize the jacket's relative shortness (rather light khaki green on a bklack outfit makes your jacket stand out). Maybe if you lightened up the rest of the outfit?

I think uin a few posts, we'll have succeeded in ruining this jacket for you

Maybe you should just follow your heart!
    Originally posted by Faust
    True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• t-bone
      • Dec 2009

As an update, i stopped by the tailor after work to ask about it, and found that the pads were readily accessible under some of the internal fabric, without even tearing seams... She took them out for free and exactly as I suspected, it fits WAY better. Longer in the sleeves and body, and no pulling in the upper-chest area.

Lots of disagreement about the fit around the middle (too big! too small!) but really I think its just that this is more of a "shirt-jacket" with a double-layer coated poplin feel, so it's not going to fit or fall like a blazer no matter what. I'll try to get another fit pic to demonstrate the improvement later.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

it's a bit short but don't see the fuss over the shoulders...

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

i know i honestly don't think it looks that bad. i think a less pronounced shoulder pad would add a little sleeve length maybe and still leave a little tailored structure to the jacket should he decide to pinch the waist but its not necessary to do anything really imo
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• franz
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            it's a bit short but don't see the fuss over the shoulders...
            I think we could see the pads through the fabric, and the upper torso seemed indeed a bit constricted.

Anyway, it seems to be fine now so , t-bone!
            Originally posted by Faust
            True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• eleven crows
              • Mar 2011

what's with the shoulder pad hate? got a sweet devoa blazer that almost entirely rules due to them.

Comment

• t-bone
                • Dec 2009

bbs fit w/ pads removed:

Comment

• Fenix
                  • Aug 2010

Not bad at all...I may have to try this with mine.
                  Originally posted by hausofblaq
                  Grow up.

Comment

• asecretmaker
                    • Apr 2011

the should still looks a little weird imo.

Comment

• holger
                      • Mar 2009

yes or no? and is the LS (Attachment) one size too big for me? thanks for feedback

Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                      SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Not the best fit I've seen on you H. Especially around the torso. Looks kind of fitted on the shoulders and around the armpits yet flares out around the stomach. Shot from the back not great either. Prefer you in some of your other tops
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• shah
                          • Jul 2009

good lord one of my most shameless posts. and i intend to make this work somehow, but not sure how yet. i am running full speed toward the absurd
                          (blurred out slippers so you're not distracted by the awzum down there)
                          pants:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
                          Last edited by shah; 09-26-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

I really like these pieces, and they do appear to suit you.
                            Gotta be boots or sock-less though!!

Comment

• BN
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              shoulders look good imo, though the sleeves could be just a bit longer. also, judging just from this picture, the body could be a bit more snug
                              totally agree

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

Ok, so the weather is changing and i needed to put shorts etc away and dig out some fall stuff. This affords me the opportunity to 'go shopping in my closets'. I came across this old suit. A suit that i once, and still love. It's made out of a heavy woollen, sport coat, not suiting goods that are beautiful. The lapels are wide and the shoulders have construction and pads commensurate with the era i originally wore it, but not THAT big. Usually i can look at stuff and know how it looks but with this suit,and some other stuff buried in my closet,i am unable to view it objectively because of my historical attachment. I don't know why the pants are so long and can't remember what shoes (or stilts) i wore them with. I would definitely shorten them. I don't mind the fullness of the leg as long as the length gets cleaned up....gotta let the waist out a lil and maybe taper the sleeve head and do some waist suppression to the jacket...my question refers to the shoulders and lapels.

i realize that this isn't really a sz aesthetic but i trust the opinions here....most of them anyway :P

so can i wear this suit now?...if nea, i just put it back until the worm turns

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎