Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

^^Yeah. The BBS is way too big for that model. I find that most of the fit pics on HL's site (I assume that's where the BBS photo came from) are not to my personal fit preference.

I agree that the Devoa piece is more versatile. I love BBS, but sometimes the fits really are odd and this is coming from someone who loves less traditional fits.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

by judging some of the retailers pics that were not the correct size of garment for the model doesnt really speak the true of the fitment imo. heres a pic of the man himself.

Focusing on object details

Comment

• byhand
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        ...also that bbs tag that's probably on the back gets on my nerves at times.
        Those damn flapping straps prevent me from buying his clothes. I don't have to abet a designer's self-indulgence. It's like the visible logos of yore. Why not embroider a BBS on the chest and ass of each garment instead? I don't hate the practice any less because a designer thinks he is clever in his implementation of the desire to brand and market, especially when his version of making his mark is idiotic and mars what are otherwise, occasionally, interesting designs.

Comment

• swrecked
          • Sep 2011

I like the Devoa as well for an everyday jacket. Devoa makes some great fitting stuff. But I would prefer cotton over silk for an everyday jacket.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Has anyone tried these on? Too high for practical use?

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Depends on your wardrobe. I'd be all over them if I could justify the expense, although I like the wedges even more. I think the SA knew this, which is why she told me that they didn't have my size.

That said, if you're going to cover them with pants then you might as well get a lower boot. I suggest a tasteful knee-length skirt, like the one you wore at boarding school.
              Last edited by Patroklus; 01-13-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Dawn
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                Has anyone tried these on? Too high for practical use?
                I just got my pair the other day. I'm 5'10" and it hits just above my knee. It took me a while to fully zip them up (with some force). The leather is very stiff so it's hard to walk in at first. I personally love them and don't regret purchasing them (I got them for a pretty good price)! The only downside of them is obviously the fact that you're limited to what you wear with them.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Spanx.

I really have no practical use for them...I just kinda like them. I'd like the heels a bit more, but have even less use for those.

My legs are 11 feet long, so I imagine they'd just reach my knees...so I guess I could wear under pants...but agreed that boarding school skirt would be best.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Rick's shorts or the sarong with the cutaway back is probably what they were supposed to be styled with, but why follow the man's instructions? Just put on your cutest panties and your longest top, done.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

lol.

def. shorts.

too high for the skirt ('sarong') - skirt looks best with somewhat lower boots imo.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Finally, something to wear with my Daisy Dukes!

Comment

• Czx
                          • Feb 2011

I agree on the shorts suggestion. I personally love how those boots look with shorts on and if I could justify such madness in my case (or rather would have enough money on my hands) I would definitely go for them.
                          néant
                          Last.FM paranoia
                          Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                          0 > ∞

Comment

• Dawn
                            • Mar 2009

Yeah, shorts would be best. I have a pair of full length drop-crotch pants that I've tried wearing them with, but the boots are just too high so I couldn't wear them at all, even if i tried pulling the pants up above my waist. Maybe that's just because the drop was too low.

I forgot to mention that because it goes just above my knees, when I sit down, I gotta unzip the top part of it to be comfortable. :(

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              Finally, something to wear with my Daisy Dukes!
                              I dunno, the tall boots plus some sort of weird sock or legging plus another differently textured bottom sounds pretty awesome.
                              I don't see many men committing to this look, though.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

^^I'd wear the shit out of those boots! :)

So I have a Helmut Lang question for you folks.

There are always these mummy pants like:

INTERESTED TO BUY THIS HELMUT LANG MUMMY PANTS (size 28 - 30). PLEASE OFFER ME AT ehwhyjay@gmail.com. I'M LOCATED IN SINGAPORE.

I recently found a different rendition and was curious if anyone could tell me what you think.

The version I found is similar, but the straps are legit elastic like black waistbands. Way more substantial and the straps aren't growing out of the crotch like the pair above.

I've just never seen this version and was curious if they came before or after the version in the link above.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎