• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
    clothing doesn't fit off the rack and not fitting properly is not avant garde. I'm going to buy a Rick leather and turn it into a frilly leather ball sling with a cutout for my asshole because I want to see you angry.
    At the risk of someone taking you seriously, 'fit' is a very ambiguous term, especially as it pertains to Rick. I don't even think the word should be used in conjunction with his name at all, unless referencing the current zoot suits.

Surely, 'proportion' would be a better word to use if you're referring to a jacket that you're going to alter to accommodate your asshole.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

for some reason i just imagined rick and michelle lamy fucking

THESE IMAGES ARE NOT PLEASANT

Comment

• Urthwhyte
        • Oct 2011

Great - now there's two of us.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

jacket looks fine Dane, the shoulders do look relaxed but I don't think its a bad thing, thats how I wear mine and I prefer it over the shrinkwrapped look.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• whtnnk986
            • Feb 2012

Dane, may I ask what is your usual size and what size is the RO jacket?
            I think the sleeves look fine. Maybe the shoulder and chest area looks a little bit relaxed, but the overall feel is not oversized.

Personally, I always have trouble regarding the size of the RO jackets. I am a large 48, with a size M jacket I will feel tight in my arms and shoulder area, knowing that there is no extra space for layering(unless the layers are very very thin). But a size L will fit too loose on the chest and waist area and will look kind of oversized if wear with a t shirt only, and if adding an extra layer, the overall feel will be quite bulky in a way on my body. And I finally would prefer to choose the medium size for a better look, compromising on the option of layering.

RO leather jackets are cut close to the body for a trim fit. With the high armholes and narrow sleeves, I sometimes wonder whether layering is in Rick's mind while designing for these leather pieces.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by whtnnk986 View Post
              RO leather jackets are cut close to the body for a trim fit. With the high armholes and narrow sleeves, I sometimes wonder whether layering is in Rick's mind while designing for these leather pieces.
              I don't know what Rick had in mind, but I don't have any problems layering with my leathers. fitment obviously varies by jacket model, season and the wearers body type.

Sounds like the jackets you have tried just don't work for your body type. Some other model might, or you might need to take a larger size and alter it.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Thanks for the opinions...I'm typically a small, and this is a medium, but I've been gaining a bit of weight lately, so sometimes things in small are a bit snug, butthis was the only size available anyway.

Anyway, obviously if I posted in this thread, I wasn't fully comfortable with the fit...so it's probably going back. It would be perfect if I layered beneath it, but the jacket is so thin it almost defeats the purpose.

I imagine rick was designing for something similar to his body type - trim but with broad shoulders, which I do not have.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Oasis
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  Anyway, obviously if I posted in this thread, I wasn't fully comfortable with the fit....
                  Was gonna point this out myself.. Doesn't look bad but could look better. In the end if you're not sure then get rid.
                  Originally posted by christianef
                  u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

i think it looks fine. fulfills the slacker leatherdaddy vibe quite well imho

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

good grief with few exceptions of course rick's sleeves are cut on the long side and although it looks better without the knit cuff, the knit cuff doesn't offset the intended stacking at all with the soft leathers like this blistered lamb. it only screws it up on the stiff materials.

i can see how some don't like it tho...

dane - this jacket fits. i wouldn't alter it at all. not worth it. but when this jacket is zipped it doesn't look right. i think that a jacket like the mollino, with little to no detail or design on the front, shouldn't have the knit cuffs or waist + long sleeves. the front of the mollino looks long and broad with only the zipper and subtle pockets to break it up. its like a lot of surface area. and then when the sleeves bunch like that, combined with the "sporty" vibe of the knit cuffs etc., it does kind of give the illusion of being baggy or frumpy. its unflattering. the mollino does look best when it is skin tight with long zipper sleeves. mollino sport doesn't make sense to me

um....so...not sure what to tell u. unzipped it looks fine but not bad ass or anything. it could work for casual stuff. zipped looks odd. i think you can do more with that $$.

ok glad i could help!

Last edited by cjbreed; 02-22-2012, 10:57 AM.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Chim View Post
                        i think it looks fine. fulfills the slacker leatherdaddy vibe quite well imho
                        jeez...am I already moving into leatherdaddy territory...I'm barely into my 30's!

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        good grief with few exceptions of course rick's sleeves are cut on the long side and although it looks better without the knit cuff, the knit cuff doesn't offset the intended stacking at all with the soft leathers like this blistered lamb. it only screws it up on the stiff materials.

i can see how some don't like it tho...

dane - this jacket fits. i wouldn't alter it at all. not worth it. but when this jacket is zipped it doesn't look right. i think that a jacket like the mollino, with little to no detail or design on the front, shouldn't have the knit cuffs or waist + long sleeves. the front of the mollino looks long and broad with only the zipper and subtle pockets to break it up. its like a lot of surface area. and then when the sleeves bunch like that, combined with the "sporty" vibe of the knit cuffs etc., it does kind of give the illusion of being baggy or frumpy. its unflattering. the mollino does look best when it is skin tight with long zipper sleeves. mollino sport doesn't make sense to me

um....so...not sure what to tell u. unzipped it looks fine but not bad ass or anything. it could work for casual stuff. zipped looks odd. i think you can do more with that $$.

ok glad i could help!

Opinion noted and appreciated. I love the jacket...mostly because of the interesting colour. Aside from that, it doesn't look good, so not much point in keeping it. I just wanted it to work and thought maybe everyone would say OHMIGODKEEPIT. Alas, they did not.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I still think it looks good. I don't mind the slightly less shrinkwrapped fit nor the long sleeves. but if you don't feel good in it, thats of course what counts.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I'll try it with some different layering options to see if anything works...I was only wearing a tee in the pic. I know this isn't a ton of $$ to some, but it's quite a bit for me, so I want to be sure.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

well fwiw my initial take on it was that it looked fine. it fits. i like the color. what i wrote up there was just me being hyper-critical. these days i feel that if somethings not perfect i don't keep it. my closet is pretty full and my $$ can be put to better use elsewhere if i'm not 100% on something. ballin' on a budget ya' know. i just used that mindset on ur jacket thats all. and there is also the chance that i could have no idea what the fuck i'm talking about. just sayin
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chim
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                I'll try it with some different layering options to see if anything works...I was only wearing a tee in the pic. I know this isn't a ton of $$ to some, but it's quite a bit for me, so I want to be sure.
                                i'm being serious about it fitting well. It looks comfortable and snug without being sausage thin. I'd love to lounge around in that thing. It doesn't look as avant garde or extreme / skinny like some other RO jackets, but that is the design of the piece you purchased. Return it if you don't like the style, but I think you got the fit perfect on the piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎