X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmash
    • Jun 2011

Thanks for the comments so far!

The only thing quality wise against the CCP is that I've heard complaints of zipper breaking and just being uncomfortable in comparison to Carpe in general. I guess that could be more of an opinion instead of from a quality standpoint though.

I do agree they're more interesting, that's why I'm quite intrigued by them.

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

all this conversation is 100% pointless without knowing which style you have or aim for in general, dmash
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

does anyone own these? i saw these briefly at atelier and i am wondering since all of the shots are angled from one side, do these pants have one normal leg and one huge leg when it gets to the thigh area?

Comment

• dmash
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
          all this conversation is 100% pointless without knowing which style you have or aim for in general, dmash
          I actually own nothing from CCP as of now, but plan on getting a scarstitch this upcoming fall as well as maybe scoping out a few other pieces throughout the summer. My style is very conservative, nothing over the top, basic tops with black pants/jeans, etc. I sort of felt the boots were similar enough that they could both be worn in a variety of ways, maybe the CCPs being more limited.

Comment

• TheThief
            • Mar 2011

I love my Tornadoes. They really can make a somewhat boring outfit interesting.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I don't think either ones are limited style-wise, I'd wear both with jeans and a t-shirt or a suit.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Denpatou
                • Jan 2010

or

not too sure about the toe cap on the first pair, or the contrast sole of the second, but i do like the shape of both.
                SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

Both of them are money better put towards a better boot.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

patroklus was trying to say that those are fairly generic interpretations of a slimmer combat boot and that you might want to look into something which is more styleized.

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

It's not even a matter of stylization; I ran a reverse image search and it did not inspire confidence.

What I did notice is that you might be looking for vegan boots. I don't follow vegan clothing enough to be more helpful but if that isn't the case, let me know yo.

Comment

• Denpatou
                        • Jan 2010

that's correct, and while i agree with you plainly, for some reason it's pretty near impossible to find a simple vegan boot with no unfortunate embellishments :c in fact, i'd welcome even more generic, slim combat boots!
                        SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

Is vintage/antique leather okay, or are you set on abstaining from animal products under any condition? I can help you source early 20th century combat boots in wearable condition for roughly similar prices, but if it's the latter option then I'd get in touch with Rilu or see if another vegan member can help you out.

Comment

• Skye X
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Denpatou View Post
                            that's correct, and while i agree with you plainly, for some reason it's pretty near impossible to find a simple vegan boot with no unfortunate embellishments :c in fact, i'd welcome even more generic, slim combat boots!
                            These are what I have, and they've broken in wonderfully. http://www.mooshoes.com/index.php?pr...c=14&color=Blk

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

Buying a pair of shoes for work. Work being Tribeca Grand, so it's not formal...but more of a "fashion" hotel. Anyhow, I want to buy a derby I can wear at work, but that will also get some wear when not at work. Opinions? Or other options?

Layer 0 (Cordovan)

Indy Sents (reverse Camel)

Guidi (Kangaroo)

Le 21ème

Comment

• Czx
                                • Feb 2011

I would go with Guidis personally. The leather looks ace, so it does to me on Layers but I'm not that big fun of the cut while I love the Guidis one. Indi's cut is nice but I'm not a fan of this type of leather.
                                And as a rule, there is no going wrong with Guidi ;)
                                néant
                                Last.FM paranoia
                                Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                                0 > ∞

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡