Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

Denpatou - not exactly slim military, but I like the classic shape of these and they come in Lorica of whatever colour and you can pick the soles too.
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Magic1
      • Jan 2011

I'd go with guidis, or carpe diem, if you can find them. They're more interesting, a tad more subtle, and I think more comfortable than layer-0. don't know about IS, but not a fan of their last.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Magic1 View Post
        or carpe diem, if you can find them. They're more interesting, a tad more subtle, and I think more comfortable than layer-0.
        that depends on the model, but I would certainly call the Layer-0 derbies more interesting, unless you are referring to some more rare carpe footwear as opposed to the very classic derbies which most often come up.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cowsareforeating
          • Jan 2011

i like the layer-0, you might even be able to get away with the rubber band one too. i think they fit 1/2 a size big, so perfectly comfy with insoles and the split heel makes vibraming super brainless.

Comment

• Magic1
            • Jan 2011

looking for pants for casual wear, thoughts?

also, any advice on sizing? I'm a 48, I'm assuming small.

Comment

• gavagai
              • May 2010

I've been looking for a L'Maltieri/Carpe Diem Rider or short jacket to no avail for quite some time. Not sure I'll find one in a size 5....

What do the people think of this Label Under Construction Short Coat?

Size 54 so I'm assuming this fits somewhere between 50-52.

Thoughts?

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                I've been looking for a L'Maltieri/Carpe Diem Rider or short jacket to no avail for quite some time. Not sure I'll find one in a size 5....

What do the people think of this Label Under Construction Short Coat?

Size 54 so I'm assuming this fits somewhere between 50-52.

Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-50-now-...item2ebcbd3036
                If I had the money I'd snipe it out from under you...that's my size, yo.
                I am not who you think I am

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

ha, always a risk around these parts but figured what they heck.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

the msmnts on it are big. i inquired about it. seems to fit like an actual 54. pit to pit is like 23.5-24". and the design is a little plain i guess. so i passed. but i've kinda never felt right about passing. fabric looked nice.

btw the person i worked with there was extremely patient and helpful. i waffled like crazy on that thing and they never told me to get lost lol
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gavagai
                      • May 2010

yes dimensions seem pretty large.

I'm likely in the same boat as you. I actually like the simplicity of the jacket. Tough call. I like a roomy jacket but that may look off on this particular cut. If I waffle long enough maybe someone will make my decision easy by purchasing it and i'll just grab those CCP gloves they have listed...

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
                        Buying a pair of shoes for work. Work being Tribeca Grand, so it's not formal...but more of a "fashion" hotel. Anyhow, I want to buy a derby I can wear at work, but that will also get some wear when not at work. Opinions? Or other options?
                        While I cannot judge the quality of the brands as I haven't handled any of them in person I can throw in my random 2 cents on styling.

I personally was in the very same situation, looking for a derby to wear at work which at the same time suffices my personal taste in fashion. However, my work context is more conservative than yours so I ended up with rather classic derbies.

But if I were you, I'ld pick the Indi Sents derbies. Afaik, these are made from Guidi leather as well so quality should be on par. I personally prefer the more elegant look they express while still being far from classic with the irregular / angular seam thing and the choice of leather. I like the Guidi derbies as well but I personally could never see them work paired with formal wear. Layer-0 is a nice choice as well but I think they might look too chunky, paired with slim pants (i.e. one of your CCP suits).

Might also wanna consider m.a+ derbies, they somehow resemble the IS ones.
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

yes yes yes. nothing has proven less exciting, yet infinity wearable than my guidi derby purchase.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

Layer 0 (Cordovan)
                            Indy Sents (reverse Camel)
                            Guidi (Kangaroo)
                            if the is weren't reversed... otherwise guidi's take it out here.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              yes yes yes. nothing has proven less exciting, yet infinity wearable than my guidi derby purchase.
                              So now the question is: Kangaroo or Bison? Also which will stretch more? I don't want these looking like old socks.
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

Over in recent posts from the Guidi thread (or maybe the Augusta thread) someone mentioned that Kangaroo leather has the most stretchable fiber in it. Along with donkey.

Treatment and thickness would probably pay a role in how any of it stretches but from my personal experience (with Guidi in particular) Kangaroo stretches very well. No real experience with bison except to say that it's a more rigid leather from what I've read.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎