Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hommedeguerre
    • Jun 2009

Thank you for this. I'm trying to AVOID them ending up looking like used socks. I loved my old backzips until they looked like my feet had been dipped in latex/rubber. I know it's part of the reason many people love them, but it's just not for me.
    Le 21ème

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I have donkey & horse, and both are very similar...not excessive stretching, but some "molding". Granted, both are soft/unstructured in the toe.

I also thinking lining plays a factor on stretching.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• hommedeguerre
        • Jun 2009

Yeah, I'm going for the T model which I think has a "toe box" reinforcement.
        Le 21ème

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
          Yeah, I'm going for the T model which I think has a "toe box" reinforcement.
          Then I wouldn't worry too much about the soggy-sock-situation.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• hommedeguerre
            • Jun 2009

Even with Kangaroo? Sorry, I know I sound really ignorant, but it's an expensive purchase, and don't want to buy the wrong thing. Basically here is the story:

IF has a size 44 (I'm a Euro 43) in the Bison 992T for $900 (plus 8.875% tax) and they fit a bit tight, however I'm fairly sure that they will stretch.

P'NP has a size 45 in the Kangaroo 992T for $700 (Shipped!).

I love the way the kangaroo looks in the photos, but I've never seen it in person. The Bison is BEAUTIFUL in person.
            Le 21ème

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

I personally am not a fan of the Guidi kangaroo derbies A. They look nice on pictures and also just as an object, but too "plain" on my feet. I tried them on at IF and compared to the reversed cordovan at A i didnt get the vibe. Are the bison new? Have to go there and check them out i guess...
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                • Jun 2009

They are the last pair. On hold for me.
                Le 21ème

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

I can understand not wanting the very molded look of really soft leather. I think it has its place...I love the look on Guidi back zips...I think the soft folding is what makes them so amazing in terms of shape.

But on oxfords, especially as a less casual shoe, the structured shape definitely makes them more classic looking. The kangaroo oxfords do almost look like a moccasin after heavy wear.

I don't own the cordovan ones but from the nature of the leather, I imagine those to break in amazingly over time and still retain the original shape. I'm guessing that's why the cordovans tend to have eyelets while most of the softer leathers do not...I imagine they would pop right out of kangaroo leather without too much problem.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• TheThief
                    • Mar 2011

Also might be worth checking out MA+. I can attest to the sheer durability of these. I broke my toe before going to Paris and my MA+ ankle boots were the only thing that fit without pain. I did a ridiculous amount of walking, often in the rain, and they held up well. If anything, they look even better now.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                      • Jun 2009

I would love to get a pair of MA+, however, it's $2000 vs $900.
                      Le 21ème

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                        • Jun 2009

Thank you. I'm going with the Bison. I think with a few miles of wear they will be perfect.
                        Le 21ème

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                          • Jun 2009

Back from IF. Got the Bison. Going to wear them on my 3 mile walk home, and hope that they are good to go. Then Vibram
                          Le 21ème

Comment

• docus
                            • Dec 2010

^^^ Excellent choice, do post some pics if you get the chance!

Comment

• gnow
                              • Jun 2010

Devoa blazer

Just got the current season cot/lin Devoa blazer in a sz 4. Thinking its a little too slim/small on me, and I do feel like changing it to a sz 5. Should I go ahead and change it?

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

yeah it looks way too small especially when buttoned up
                                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎