Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

don't shorten, need scruffier shoes

i really like that fit on you man. looks good

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

Thanks, yeah would cop a pair of Augusta cordovan Z5 if I could find it in my size haha. But in normal lighting without the flash the pants are more black and less scruffy looking so it still goes pretty well together

Definately love the original j-pant cut, fits me so much better than the releases in recent years.

Comment

• Magic1
        • Jan 2011

what are those pants, raw? they look great, I wouldn't alter them at all.

Comment

• eckblk
          • Mar 2010

^^
          Luc washi j pant (signals edition)

Comment

• MechaStreisand
            • May 2012

Hello everybody.

Would these make a good first pair of boots? I'm looking for something pretty versatile, and they seem versatile to me, but I think asking people who know much more about style then I do seems like a good idea, haha.

EDIT: Thanks for the write up beardown! I'll keep that in mind.
            Last edited by MechaStreisand; 05-29-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Just a suggestion but if you're going to get one pair of nice boots, I'd suggest a lace up with a more rounded toe. Something like that would be more versatile in terms of how many outfits you would wear it with.

I'd definitely go for black, something with a sole that's not too rugged or too refined. I think a basic Guidi lace up boot is the ideal for versatility because you can wear them with basic street clothes or with a suit, tuck into them or wear pants over them.

Anything that is a hybrid of a combat boot with more polished details. I like the ones you're looking at but I don't really see them as versatile if you're looking for a pair that you can get the most wear out of.

If you dress up every day, then maybe they're more appropriate...I only 'dress up' once in a while but when I do, most of my footwear can fit with shorts, t-shirt, suit, etc.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                Pardon the self lean over shot.
                Looks bad, man. Sell them to me.

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

Really hesitate about this Obscur lamb leather short:

What guys do you think ?

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

^ Not really anything special in my opinion. But you won't be able to put your phone or wallet in those pockets - not without it being ugly that is haha.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

I've always been on the fence about those shorts. They looked so nice on the hanger, but could never get them to look right on myself, [or any of the clients who tried them on].

However, if you're all about that montreal cycle-hipster look & wanna goth it up, should be grand. (y)
                      —
                      -

Comment

• incognito
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                        Have damir doma creepers had any quality problems? I am considering getting a pair but I don't want to deal with the default crepe issue of the sole coming apart. This is kind of a yes or no as I'd like opinions on people who have bought or handled them. if wondering they are the high shaft version with not the crazy sole.
                        i handled them at h.lorenzo. they seemed pretty solid/well constructed. of course, i can't swear to their lifespan without owning any.

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

I've written this before at least 5 times, you can add rubber on the crepe to completely protect the original sole.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• incognito
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                            I've written this before at least 5 times, you can add rubber on the crepe to completely protect the original sole.
                            I think he was talking about the layers of rubber sole separating...not how resistant the rubber sole is to wear. Some creeper type soles have the glue between the layers break down.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Ah, the exterior shell of the creepers' sole appears to be one piece, so I wouldn't worry about it breaking down anywhere but the parts where it contacts the ground.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

I own the creepers from aw11 and have worn them heavily since September. The sole is actually made of layers glued together, and after heavy wear there is no sign of the layers splitting. The sole is Actually a very heavy and hard wearing rubber, not the usual gum or soft crepe soles found on other boots, which wear away quickly. So u can decide weather u want to put a protective sole on them straight away or wear them in a bit.
                                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎