Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dropt
    • May 2009

What's the interest of putting a protective sole on creepers ? It's not like it was a leather sole, just get them to your cobbler when they start falling appart. I wear mine a lot and the original sole is holding up really well.

Comment

• MechaStreisand
      • May 2012

Hello everybody. I recently brought some cloths, but I can't tell if there is something that is wrong with both of the items I have pictured. For starters, here's the trousers that I purchased:

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

My main concern is the break under the knee. I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be a straight leg all the way thorough, but I could be wrong.

My second concern is with the shirt I purchased. The collar is uneven, and I'm hoping it can be fixed, but if not, then I'm not opposed to returning. I don't know if it's worth noting, but the collar is even when buttoned all the way up.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

I purchased these cloths online, so I didn't get to try them on before hand. Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Thanks for the quick response lowrey. I'll get the pants dry cleaned and see if that helps anything, and try ironing the collar as well. Thanks again!
      Last edited by MechaStreisand; 06-05-2012, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

both need ironing...?

are the knees stretched out? maybe thats why it creates a crease, in which case washing and ironing / dry cleaning them should help.

regarding the collar, it seems likely that it has just creased when being folded or packed. ironing it evenly on both sides should make it stand straight.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• blacktulip
          • Nov 2011

Good advice. Ironing will do the job, I am sure.
          "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• jskidder1
            • Jan 2011

You should take them both back to Banana Republic and demand a refund immediately.

Comment

• liberty_of_style
              • Aug 2011

You should take them both back to Banana Republic and demand a refund immediately.
              A+++++
              I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

Comment

• sargon97
                • Jan 2009

So in the vein of the previous two posts, I've been looking for a pair of derbies or oxfords. Something that can be dressed up a bit (or at least passible with say homme plus slacks and a shirt) but also work as an everyday shoe. I'm leaning towards the MA+ or the Augusta one piece, but for the life of me I can't decide. Most probably because I am not able to see them in person and its sometimes hard to tell from pics.

MA+

Augusta One Piece

Augusta Scarred

Comment

• eleven crows
                  • Mar 2011

These aren't really dress up shoes. Out of the three the safest option is the A one piece, due to the lack of scarring. Personally, I like the m.a+ most.

If you're making a purchase of this calibre you should, I believe, go with your gut. You're the one who's going to wear them. What looks best to you?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

all three are very nice shoes, and quite similar in shape. IMO the m.a's and first Augustas could be "dressed up" a bit better, I could imagine wearing both with a casual suit. The latter Augustas might stand out a bit more due to the colour and excessive scarring.

Generally, I'd say Augusta shoes usually have a bit more character which I think is the case here as well. On the other hand, my m.a+ derbies are some of my most used shoes. Both brands are very well made from my experience.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BBSCCP
                      • Feb 2010

^ you also have to take into account that the scarring on the last model is utterly different on every model, hence it´s quite impossible to go by your likings regarding the scarring on this particular model.

Generally, if I were you I would decide whether I need a shoe with scarring or not. After that you can eliminate at least one.

Comment

• 8bpc
                        • May 2010

A new bag

Deleted
                        Last edited by 8bpc; 11-11-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• shdws
                          • Sep 2011

As promised to those who are curious on what it would look like. (zipped up and unzipped)
                          Sorry about the quality, my camera just didn't like taking the photos under my room lights.

To me it looks so so good, it actually is not tight at all on the body, and I have only tried it on once, so I'd imagine it would become very loose after a few wears. but my problem is not that, it's the ZIPPER!!! FFS....(refer to last pic).

Can it be fixed???....or will I need to send it back :/, I really love the jacket as well.
                          This second picture IRL with it half zipped up looks SO FRICKEN AWESOME in person.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

I'm going to be honest; I like it. Zipper issues aside. Give us a full body shot to better judge.

Comment

• shdws
                              • Sep 2011

yes can dosville baby doll
                              I layered a standard length white tee under as well just so it gives you an idea of the length, I'm 179cm.

The zipper issue is killing me though....paying so much for the jacket....knowing that seriously the zipper life is going to be PATHETIC.

Surprised the waist and chest is not snug....

The zipper needs the plastic casing like how all other zippers are made, its just stupid when its made of fabric.

SIDENOTE: I think to fit this jacket you kind of need slender legs otherwise the proportions would look odd, and if your over 180cm...it would be too short.
                              Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Calimero
                                • Jul 2010

To be honest: i really don't like it, it's really clear for me that it's a woman jacket and the cut can't be harmonious on a man's body. Even if the jacket doesn't look tight on your body, the jacket is really short on the chest, shoulder looks like a little to short too. But at least if you are pleased :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎