Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

I don't either. The fit is OK on the chest, shoulders and sleeves, but the way the waist flares absolutely ruins it, plus it's way too short. Personally I would buy a size bigger if possible (so that it's not as tight on the shoulders and you could actually wear more than just a thin t-shirt) and then go to a tailor and taper the waist. Or just buy a men's leather...
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• eleven crows
      • Mar 2011

And that spins me 180 degrees. It's too short, dude.

Comment

• shdws
        • Sep 2011

IDK.....IRL the flare is not really apparent.

I guess I maybe a tad different in terms of aesthetics to most here.
        In my heart I'm blinded and attracted to the rocker look as always, like Hedi Slimane aesthetics and some Balmain get ups (short jackets, slim pants/jeans) -simple.

But I do appreciate the input, it does make me think...... and that zipper issue is not really a deal breaker to me either, anyone know if it's a easy fix?
        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

To me it just looks like you are wearing a jacket of a woman notably smaller and shorter than you.

As for the zipper, this is sadly typical for RO, my wife's jacket has the same problem. nothing that couldn't be fixed, but its annoying.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• 8bpc
            • May 2010

Originally posted by shdws View Post
            SIDENOTE: I think to fit this jacket you kind of need slender legs otherwise the proportions would look odd, and if your over 180cm...it would be too short.
            Thanks for the side note and photos. I've wanted this style jacket from the womens line for awhile, but never pulled the trigger as I wasn't sure it would work. I'm on the fence as it does appear a little short. I think it might work better if it remained unzipped, but then you are limiting the functionality of the jacket.

Originally posted by Eternal
            shdws, I believe they did a "mens version" of this jacket at least for the japanese market for fw11 if I recall correctly. You might have some luck with that.
            Does anyone have any details on a mens version of this style jacket?

My A new bag post seemed to get swept away with this focus. Might anyone offer advice?

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

Thanks shdws for sharing pictures. You finally buy it !
              In my opinion, it's look little bit short but actually is not so tight I can imagine at the beginning. Overall, it's fine but there are something I can't define that is not so good, may be just because it's a woman jacket.

Anyways what's size (woman size) is the jacket ?

Comment

• shdws
                • Sep 2011

Yeap no problem.
                Yea I ended up going for it even though against my own better judgement and yeap it's a size 46.

The way I see it is most of Rick men's leather looks better when it sits on the body short (that's just my opinion atm). But most Rick is borderline long on my body especially for my height, it seems it suits people over 185 at least, like how the LN-CC guy wears it, eg stooges. http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/ric0108029blk.
                I find the longer the jacket I have, the shorter I appear (and obviously I am not tall), but too short is not desirable I suppose?

But I think I'll be sending it back, cause seriously the zipper is a pain.

Anyway does the following image seem weird as to how I tied my Ann Shirt?
                Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• teeteet
                  • Dec 2009

The velcro cheapens the boot. I can already picture it being clogged with all sorts of funky stuff...

Comment

• diorowen
                    • Aug 2010

Ok shdws, believe us. Return it.
                    It doesnt work IMO.
                    As other has mention, its too short. At least for you.
                    Rick's leather tend to be short sometimes but this is too short and too flare
                    It doesnt look good.
                    If you want this particular style, maybe you should look for an alternative, julius?
                    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• cloonz
                      • Aug 2011

There is a big difference between a shorter, biker length jacket and a cropped women's jacket.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

a big no on the jacket shdws.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fenix
                          • Aug 2010

It looks exactly as I mentioned it would before he bought it....ridiculous...but he doesn't listen so I say keep it and sell it to some lucky lady down the road for cheap.
                          Last edited by Fenix; 06-16-2012, 06:44 PM.
                          Originally posted by hausofblaq
                          Grow up.

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

I say no, it looks like a womans jacket on a guy.. I'd imagine it's probably less pronounced in real life but still..
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                              • Oct 2011

It would look better if he was 3" shorter and the arms didn't make it appear as if he was about to transform into the Hulk and burst out of the jacket. Definitely return

Comment

• gunmetal
                                • Jul 2011

Any opinions on this bag?

The only thing I don't like is the thin-ness of the strap.

I am currently looking for a messenger+tote bag as my second working bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎