Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exterminatingphantom
    • Sep 2012

I haven't tried out the julius, only the bbs.. is there a big difference in quality? the bbs is much thicker than most leathers i've handled... julius seems a little flimsy judging from the photos.

Comment

• tron
      • Dec 2010

I've never handled julius ma leathers but their mainline stuff is quite substantial this season. BBS is a higher price point though. Also I doubt you'll ever find a BBS leather at 50% off... best bet is to check the classifieds here and on SF if you really need a lower price
      Last edited by tron; 10-13-2012, 01:13 AM.
      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• lalilulelo
        • Sep 2012

sry for double post!

that second jackets collar

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Yes for both, but I prefer the Julius one.

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
            Never settle. Like a stepchild, it will always be looked upon as what could have been. Unlike a stepchild, beating it with an extension cord won't make you feel better.
            I literally started laughing, well it was more of a chuckle .

Comment

• Joker
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by exterminatingphantom View Post
              I haven't tried out the julius, only the bbs.. is there a big difference in quality? the bbs is much thicker than most leathers i've handled... julius seems a little flimsy judging from the photos.
              I prefer you take the Boris, coz the high collar style is the basic one you should wear sometime. The quality and finishing of Julius was all gone.

Comment

• samlasamla
                • Sep 2011

need a jacket pretty soon. was hoping to get this boris bidjan high neck leather

but its pretty expensive and not sure if i can wait for it to go on sale (or if itll even be available / plus itll still be pricey even at 50% off).

get the julius or hold out on the bbs?
                bbs produces a version of the high collar leather jacket every season -- it's practically a classic by now. they do go on sale, but they're snapped up as soon as it happens.

if you want to have a chance to buy the jacket on sale, you need get on the mailing list for all the shops that sell bbs and have the email pushed to your phone. then get on the websites as soon as they've announced the sales.

in the alternative, make friends with a sales associate (it helps if you've bought a few items from them before and they've had a chance to make some commission off you) and tell them to call/text you as soon as the item goes on sale.

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                  • Sep 2012

Thanks Sam, will do that.

in the meantime I found this to hold me over.. fairly inexpensive and this seems to fit a M even if its XL.. thoughts?

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

have never had a good experience settling for something to "hold me over" always regret not just saving up for what I orignially wanted

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                      • Sep 2012

I'm actually ready to get the bbs if it hits half off, just waiting for that moment. but in the meantime I'd like to get a low key jacket for the time being as its getting cold, and itll always be a neutral back up.

i'm a bit confused about the sizing on this rick though

Comment

• #ruin
                        • Jul 2011

I'm actually ready to get the bbs if it hits half off, just waiting for that moment. but in the meantime I'd like to get a low key jacket for the time being as its getting cold, and itll always be a neutral back up.

i'm a bit confused about the sizing on this rick though
                        I think it's about right, SS leathers fit quite small. depends on a number of other things though like your height and shoulder measurement. if you're quite tall and have broad shoulders with a 38" chest then it'll fit you. if not then it'll probably be a bit big.

example: http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/ric0108029blk.

he's a 36" chest but because of his height and shoulders the large fits him fine, even with a pit to pit measurement that would've looked to be too big for him.

I myself own a rick owens two tone jacket in an XL, I'm in between 37"-38" when it comes to my chest measurement but I'm about 6'4 and have broad shoulders so it fits me nicely.

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                          • Sep 2012

interesting, this should fit me dead on then. I'm 5'11 / 39" chest / broad shoulders. i'm just worried the body of the jacket might be a little boxy.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2011

im 5'11 37-38" chest and wear a small lol

you really should see if you can try one on at a store near you

Comment

• #ruin
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                              im 5'11 37-38" chest and wear a small lol

you really should see if you can try one on at a store near you
                              what're your shoulder measurements though? that's the most important part in this discussion. also is your leather AW or SS and what season/model?

0J's certainly right about going to try some on if you can (unless you have before?), though if you do then make sure they have similar cuts to what you're eyeing up before making the trip because RO jacket sizing is all over the place.
                              Last edited by #ruin; 10-17-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Garley
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2012

Ovate Long Sleeve Top

Does anyone know anything about this brand? Someone posted it a few months back and I'm considering buying this shirt. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎