Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

^^ yeah i posted a few things from ovate before. her name is audrey cantwell and she's from montreal. i think she may visit sz every now and again. she's a great woman and has a very interesting take on design that i'm sure a lot of people here can relate to. i'd say yes for sure. for the materials she's using her prices are very low currently but i'm sure in time it will change. maybe someday she will actually post here! (assuming she's reading this)

Comment

• Garley
      Banned
      • Aug 2012

Do you have any idea if I can make special requests to her? She says she makes each piece as it's ordered, right?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by exterminatingphantom View Post
        interesting, this should fit me dead on then. I'm 5'11 / 39" chest / broad shoulders. i'm just worried the body of the jacket might be a little boxy.
        so is this a "holy crap I must have this" situation like it was with the jacket I was selling, after which you flaked?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          so is this a "holy crap I must have this" situation like it was with the jacket I was selling, after which you flaked?
          you're deranged. I contacted you once asking details on your jacket and you replied with a price higher than what you listed, and tacked on a ridiculously high $60 shipping. I think you took advantage of the fact that I really liked your jacket. Not that I have to explain myself as to why I did not reply back, but I simply lost interest and did not bother to reply. You should learn the difference between inquiring and flaking before you accuse and try to call someone out on it.

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

i remembered when i was giving free m.a+ garment bags months ago and someone who requested for 3 pieces of large version. Then i quote him a shipping for like 25euro and he ended up back off.. Becuase they only want it for free but didnt think of the 'weight of the items' that costed the high shipping..
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by exterminatingphantom View Post
              you're deranged. I contacted you once asking details on your jacket and you replied with a price higher than what you listed, and tacked on a ridiculously high $60 shipping. I think you took advantage of the fact that I really liked your jacket. Not that I have to explain myself as to why I did not reply back, but I simply lost interest and did not bother to reply. You should learn the difference between inquiring and flaking before you accuse and try to call someone out on it.
              really? I'm deranged?

actually, you didn't ask for details, you indicated that you wanted to purchase it by saying "I must have this" as well as stating your location and asking how to proceed. this would, to any sane person, mean that you wish to purchase the item.

I gave a shipping cost of €40, the actual price would've been €48 but I rounded it down a bit. if you have ever purchased anything overseas, you'd know that this is a fairly regular price for a leather jacket that weighs 2kg packed, shipped from europe to the US. If by "higher price" you are referring to the fact that I've discounted the item price over a week after our communication, thats irrelevant.

you chose not to respond to this nor my follow up message simply asking whether you are still interested. a simple no would've been fine.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• blowdown
                • Feb 2011

well lowrey tbh, this happens to me all the time...im sure it does to many other members, and im so used to it that it doesnt seem to bother me anymore, i dont hold too high a hope for every person that pms asking for items

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

you are right, it does happen, but if you give a pretty obvious indication of wanting to buy something, its common courtesy to let the seller know if you change your mind. sometimes people forget, so I figured I'd just check if he was still interested or had any concerns, but not even replying to that is pretty dickish. not to mention calling me deranged for bringing this up.

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

I am here with you A...i hate when it happens, and funny enough, but in 99% of the cases its noobs. Most people i have dealed with for a while show the courtesy to give at least a little heads up that they are not interested anymore. Of course sometimes you just forget about an inquiry, but that should be rather rare if you dont inquire 10 pieces at a time...
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Lane
                      • Aug 2010

Worst part is when you get the dudes that just PM you always interested but never commit to buying anything. They keep coming everytime there's new stuff too

flakin is gonna happen, I know i've done it plenty, but you should at least say you got over the item and dont feel its what you want.

plus, I cant believe dickheads like phantom bitch about shipping cost when they are already shelling out a grand for a jacket and shit, lol.

Comment

• morsto
                        • Nov 2008

while rude and annoying, you cannot expect more from zero-posters who use the site as a flea market (of which there is seemingly a huge amount).
                        I do not recognise the vessel,
                        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• wurm
                          • Nov 2010

When I ask for measurements that don't end up looking like they will fit me, I typically don't send a reply. I could easily type a reply, but I figure that most people don't really care to be bothered with it. If I make it clear that I'm really interested, I think I always send a reply though. I don't think I've ever backed out of something I've said I will buy.

I guess people have different opinions on it. I think if you're really misleading the seller/causing him to hold it from other interested people, you should really send a message saying otherwise. That's been an annoyance for me on more than a few occasions. The worst are unpaid ebay auctions, though.

Comment

• SlightRight
                            • Mar 2011

As long as the buyer does not claim "I'm gonna take the item" or "I'll pay tomorrow", another reply of not interested from the buyer not supposed to be necessary. Sometimes it's just measurement question or price bargain, you just can't think somebody who asks meaning he'll take it for certain.
                            Just treat no replies as not interested anymore I guess.

Comment

• onijo84
                              • May 2011

What do you guys think of the elongated blazer/jacket like these?

http://ateliernewyork.com/outerwear/...ed-2-b-jacket/

http://www.darklandsberlin.com/wordp...5804-Kopie.jpg

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

I would think it depends a bit on your height and build. Impossible for me to judge without knowing you.
                                I personally find these too long by about 4"
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎