Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

id get the shorts , i think the sheer material looks better on shorts instead of pants . i also wish the pockets werent in such a contrasting color but it doesnt totally kill it for me . i knew since island was shown on runway last yr that i was gonna love this collection and it hasnt disappointed me . barneys here actually picked up some decent runway pieces and i liked how all the sheer stuff felt while i tried it on , i mean like it actually feels nice against the skin and super lightweight

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

adding another leather jacket to my collection, but is struggling to decide between:

size 1
      or

size S
      i have always wanted a julius moto but never found the right one, this SS11 MA version is supposed to be great. i like the long arms and the thin leather makes this a perfect spring/summer jacket.

the bauhaus on the other hand is a completley different beast, its a very unique and perhaps more "eye catching" piece. the colour is amazing aswell, but im quite unsure about the fit, i am a small 46 (broad shoulders ultra thinn arms and torso) and this jacket does fit a bit more bulky. i have tons of basic leather already so i dont mind if either jacket takes some effort to pull off.

a fit/runway picture of the MA julius ss11 jacket would help a ton, if anyone has one lying around :)

Comment

• quiet noise
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

i suppose it is worth mentioning that it is the bauhaus version with the "layered" back

Comment

• AppendixG
          • Dec 2012

Considering these, any thoughts? Any idea how the fabric holds up?

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

qn - obviously it very much depends on how they would fit you and what you intend to wear them with - but personally i think the julius looks too busy compared to the bauhaus. i would say that though...

ps. jogu i actually had the same thought about the shorts being a better choice for this material.

Comment

• quiet noise
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

hammered lamb pilot jacket.

im tempted by this jacket, im looking to start a pet project in stretching out a minimalistic, ultra small leather jacket to make a sculptured-fit tight jacket. the question is, is the pilot jacket a good choice for this and is hammered lamb very adaptable or does the "hammered" effect make the lamb more rigid? im a S/slim 46, will a rick xs with 43pit to pit ultimately stretch and adapt for a perfect fit? that is my dream really, since this jacket has ultra tight arms partly composed of stretch fabric and with stretch wool fabric at the armpits, it really should have the potential to be worn in and become that one skin-tight body hugging leather in my wardrobe.

my biggest worry is the collar at the neck, it might be hard to stretch out without choking.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

did anybody end up buying these? whats the consensus?

for me, i like them. at least better than most of rick's shorts. but they have things that may go against them.
                1. are they a little short for some reason? like just above the knee?
                2. a little too wide? although they look like that can be adjusted
                3. jersey/sweatpants material in shorts can be tricky. see related video below

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jskidder1
                  • Jan 2011

i strongly considered those shorts but did not pull the trigger. the biggest detraction for me was the dangling strings from the leg opening. seems like they would be annoying. the jersey ones pictured above are a lot longer than the perforated version, so length shouldn't be a problem. agreed on the fabric though. when i was looking at them i was going to go for the perforated pair to avoid the sweat shorts look.

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

A1923

2013SS Kuku Back Zips

OR

2013FW Double Zips

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

the backzips imo, the double sidezip is somewhat of a gimmick and I think one can grow tired of it - can't really go wrong with the backzips.
                      I do not recognise the vessel,
                      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• schemedream
                        • Jan 2013

Incarnation Shearling

Found one that's my size. It's in my price range because it's exiting spring and into summer. Does anyone own one of these or handled one in the store? How's the lining, the leather, breathability, etc. I guess more of what I'm asking is it worth the price?

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Yes to the back zips, and yes to the shearling........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• samlasamla
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by schemedream View Post

Found one that's my size. It's in my price range because it's exiting spring and into summer. Does anyone own one of these or handled one in the store? How's the lining, the leather, breathability, etc. I guess more of what I'm asking is it worth the price?
                            Beautiful coat, easily the best-looking shearling behind the ones from Sellam and V-A.

As to price, I believe it originally retailed around 2800 Euro. I recall seeing one on clearance at Seven recently for like 40% off. Ex vat would be around 1360 euro. I know Seven just issued a 30% off promo code, so if the jacket's still there it's probably around 950 euro now. That's a steal in my book.

Comment

• schemedream
                              • Jan 2013

Annnddd....now it sold. Was trying to decide whether or not I should grab it and the cat's out of the bag. C'est la vie.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                                2013SS Kuku Back Zips

OR

2013FW Double Zips
                                personally I've always liked side zips more, for looks and functionality. I've tried some backzips that felt annoying against the heel, might not be the case with these, but side zips are a pretty safe bet in terms of that.

I have two pairs of A1923 side zips, the pictured ones in horse, and a pair in kudu with the two half zippers on different sides. They are some of my favourite boots, very comfortable and both leathers are also very substantial. I sold my CCP side zips after getting these, the shape and fit is better imo.

if you wear your pants over them, the second zipper most likely isn't visible and they'll look like regular side zip boots.

from my experience the horse version runs a size larger (tts), whereas the kudu fits about a size smaller (43 fits like 42-42.5). however, the sizing can be pretty inconsistent.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎