X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw
    • Oct 2009

Thanks A.

I don't have that problem with the heel on my MA+ horse back zips.
    I like the seamless front on the dual side zips, but the Kudu leather on the 13SS backzips just looks really nice.

Do you prefer the kudu or horse?

Both these boots have their good points but I ended up making an inquiry to custom order a pair of the 13SS kudu backzips a few days ago and waiting to hear back if it's possible. If not I'll probably just go for the dual side zips instead.

Comment

• lazyguru
      • Jun 2008

While we are on the A1923 topic , I havent tried on a pair since the Augusta days and the UK sizing , is sizing of the new boots consistent with prior ones. Eg size 9 ( used to be us 11) is now = 44 or 43?

Thank you

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Raw View Post
        Do you prefer the kudu or horse?
        both are really nice, couldn't really pick one over the other. the kudu is a bit softer, but not thin by any means. the horse varies a bit, the leather on mine is pretty soft but I've seen some that are very rigid, but would probably soften fairly quickly.

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
        While we are on the A1923 topic , I havent tried on a pair since the Augusta days and the UK sizing , is sizing of the new boots consistent with prior ones. Eg size 9 ( used to be us 11) is now = 44 or 43?
        I wear a CCP 8, 42-43 in most eu sizes and take a 43 in most A1923 footwear. However as mentioned, the horse side zips seemed to fit a size bigger. There might be other exceptions as well.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cowsareforeating
          • Jan 2011

^ill second that.
          kudu will fit tts for a slimmer foot. really lovely leather if you can get it for the double zip iteration. simone also uses a thicker kudu on a backzip which is not as forgiving break-in wise.

imo the shaft of the double zip is slimmer than both side zips and back zips of most a1923 models

Comment

• lazyguru
            • Jun 2008

Thanks guys I appreciate the info, as luck would have it Iam bang between sizes so have to always size up and find ways to make my fett comfrtable :-(

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

i think oiled may be more durable and last longer

Comment

• onijo84
                • May 2011

White/off-white blazer(RO or BBS). Should i?

Comment

• onijo84
                  • May 2011

Dbl post
                  Last edited by onijo84; 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• k3mist
                    • Apr 2013

to be honest, its really hard to say yes/no.
                    but i personally would think an off white would be nicer than a white.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

in reverse calf
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• blackfedora
                        • Jan 2012

cj, I remember reading here sometime back, when those front zips first came out, that there were very tight through the ankle and required sizing up to fit....I don't know if there is a new iteration coming out that addresses that issue though. I thought about buying a pair when they were on sale at Barney's but held off due to that issue.

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

pass on the front zips, they are super tight in the front zip/shaft area and very impractical

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

i think i remember hearing that about needing to size up as well. but as far as i know i don't have a high instep and if it is calf leather it should stretch a little with time. i have a pair of m.a+ boots that were extremely tight across the top of my foot. painfully so in fact. but they stretched and now fit like a glove. oh man what to do...
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              i think i remember hearing that about needing to size up as well. but as far as i know i don't have a high instep and if it is calf leather it should stretch a little with time. i have a pair of m.a+ boots that were extremely tight across the top of my foot. painfully so in fact. but they stretched and now fit like a glove. oh man what to do...
                              I couldn't even get the two halves of the zipper together--the vamp of the boot was so tight. I thought I was going to tear the zipper, so I gave up and passed on those. I don't think I have a high instep either.
                              Originally posted by DRRRK
                              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• shdws
                                • Sep 2011

I don't know why I impulse bought this, seriously sometimes :/

Anyway yes or no? thanks
                                And anyone tried this Ann jacket on in person since it was only exclusive item to Barneys? or like most cases.... is there something wrong with it as it reached such a discount.

Last edited by shdws; 07-04-2013, 04:04 PM.
                                Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎