Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Boris Bidjan Saberi - Hand Dyed Horse Hide Leather Jacket in grey/green/black (ignore the price)

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• een
      • Sep 2006

Like it a lot; caveat> I much prefer the jacket with the collar removed, but that then leaves an exposed zipper (albeit buried) at the neckline, so...
      no

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

^ will the sleeve fit like that? it reminds me of the odd fit of the trousers with the huge top and super slim leg. i dont know if it's meant to mimic that shape but i personally like long slim arms with no bulk. perhaps the model sized up

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

the sleeve bulge is pronounced for sure, but i don't mind that. i am iffy on the zippered collar though. and the color. the good thing about the color though is that it goes with everything.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

everything about this jacket will satisfy you [leather, treatment, finishing], except the collar - you'll likely never feel fully satisfied with how it looks [whether it be up/ down, w/ jacket open / closed].
            —
            -

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

^ this. I'm not generally much of a fan of BBS leather but this one impressed me (actually the molded elbows and leather treatment reminded me a lot of Incarnation's work) but didn't dig the collar at all.

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

I can't get over how poorly everything I've seen from Boris fits. I can only assume it's intentional but... not for me. This one looks like it fits well in the body at least, but the shoulders, elbows and collar are just so awkward.
                music

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2013

Almost everything from Boris fits like shit.

Comment

• twmllr
                    • Sep 2013

^that is not true, I have Boris pieces which are very nicely made and gets a lot of wear

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

Yes did the leather C. One of my favourite style.. and I like how the sleeve cuts. Sometimes I like thing against the traditional.
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
                        Almost everything from Boris fits like shit.

Really? I believe you meant how it fits on you.
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• twmllr
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by magic View Post
                          Right on point

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                            I can't get over how poorly everything I've seen from Boris fits. I can only assume it's intentional but... not for me. This one looks like it fits well in the body at least, but the shoulders, elbows and collar are just so awkward.
                            you have to keep in mind that if you are looking at store photos, most of the time it means that

1. they have just one model who might or might not be the right body type for the clothing
                            2. many stores have a lot of stock to photograph and limited resources to do it so the photo quality and styling isn't always perfect
                            3. the clothing is typically straight out of the box, which in the case of treated leather jackets means that its likely very stiff. leather typically molds to the wearer over time so it doesn't necessarily fit perfect right away, especially if it hasn't been worn at all yet.

some of the fitment is of course intentional, like the looser elbows which he has done on some leathers more recently, that is something some will like and others will not.

Just for comparison, here is a leather jacket that fits the model a bit better and has been just slightly broken in:

Originally posted by magic View Post
                            zing!
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

thanks for the input everyone. i think the jacket looks better on this model:

and i kind of agree with magic that it is the awkwardness of the fit and design that is appealing to me. but with respect to the collar, the awkwardness is treading dangerously close to being plain old ugly and unflattering. the neck is too damn wide.

on this other one that i am considering i think the wide neck is better because of the folding high collar with clips thing:

ink link
                              ink link

the issue here is that the leather looks a little shiny and cheapy. anyone seen this in person? is it?

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

if the one on Ink is the same jacket ANY had then the leather is pretty meh, the horse leather was the only only one that felt like it was worth the $$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎