Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bson
    • May 2013

No wonder no one here wears Ann or CdG when you guys think that collar or fit looks 'too strange'.... It's design, hello!

Comment

• blackfedora
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

on this other one that i am considering i think the wide neck is better because of the folding high collar with clips thing:

ink link
      ink link

the issue here is that the leather looks a little shiny and cheapy. anyone seen this in person? is it?
      As was mentioned by dji, the source leather is the key. I have handled the pig leather variant of the coat you mention and it felt like half dried birch bark, cheap feeling would be an understatement. The horse and buffalo would likely be better but not sure of their sizing. For me, the fw11/ss12 oiled lamb from BBS has been the nicest and it also acts as a good raincoat.

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Bson View Post
        No wonder no one here wears Ann or CdG when you guys think that collar or fit looks 'too strange'.... It's bad design, hello!
        fixed.

[& i wear ann every day]
        —
        -

Comment

• diorowen
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dji View Post
          if the one on Ink is the same jacket ANY had then the leather is pretty meh, the horse leather was the only only one that felt like it was worth the $$$.
          I own them. it was buffalo leather. feel a bit like cow but softer. I'd say its quite nice actually. but doesnt really worth $ 3k, eventhough I own them.
          Last edited by diorowen; 12-09-2013, 08:24 PM.
          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• twmllr
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
            As was mentioned by dji, the source leather is the key. I have handled the pig leather variant of the coat you mention and it felt like half dried birch bark, cheap feeling would be an understatement. The horse and buffalo would likely be better but not sure of their sizing. For me, the fw11/ss12 oiled lamb from BBS has been the nicest and it also acts as a good raincoat.
            I have handled the pig leather version as we'll, the feeling was definitely cheap, but then the price is like half of the horse leather version

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

InAisce Mongke coat, tried it at the showroom and liked it a lot but felt the whole long shearling coat thing might be a bit much. any thought?

Comment

• Joker
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                I tried both leather respective with same model... the collar one..... I think they're fit the same. Alternatively I'll take buffalo, coz it looks more textures on the surface and specially...

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

what about this one:

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

well....looks pretty cool to me

Comment

• keen
                      • Sep 2010

The cut of the jacket i like but honestly not into the leather/wool(cotton?) contrast on the jacket but then again i don't like it on any jacket. though i would imagine it would be cool if it was a reversed leather.

Comment

• eleves
                        • Sep 2012

Yeah, I also think the cut and shape of that jacket is really cool. I don't mind the leather/other material combination but it could possibly look better if it weren't so shiny
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

i have this jacket and its the same leather. its not really that shiny.

not the best leather on earth, but not cheap looking at all.

the fabric used is the same as this:

its the waxed/oiled cotton linen blend. very heavy, very textured. one of the nicest and most unique fabrics i've seen in a while. it is very tough but it is also very reactive to its environment. in other words, it shows every mark and scrape and you definitely don't want to scrub it or expose it to heat (an iron). it will age beautifully if you're into that.

i would own it already if my wife didn't tell me she hates it. apparently she thinks it is too much. the wax + oil + leather combo + the "cape" on the back makes her feel like the designer decided to just try one of everything on this one...

i, on the other hand, love it.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

^^It's an awesome piece (and those pants are badass too). As for trying everything, that's sorta was BBS does in general, but I say get it as anything he makes is like 1000X better in person anyway. I agree that the materials are wonderful and you're buying it for you and not your wife. :)

Comment

• ulrich133
                              • Dec 2012

Hi everyone, in spite of having given it a lot of thought, i can't for the life of me decide between julius jackets.
                              I was hoping someone might be able to offer their input.

As a poor and starving student 'realistically' i'm in need of something that's relatively versatile, but at the same time, obviously i dont want something that's too run of the mill considering the money involved.

The candidates at the moment are either this one.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Or this one in red, though i'm also prepared to wait until a black one version comes up for sale.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

without a doubt the black one

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎