Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 8bpc
    • May 2010

Atmosphere: the vibramed sole won't be as noticeable while being worn. That style might be helpful if you are going to take them out in any snow or slush, and as jskidder1 suggests you could always have it removed.

Comment

• Atmosphere
      • Jan 2010

True, and considering I live in Sweden 'snow proof' soles might actually be a good idea.

Thanks for your input guys!

Comment

• BrokenBoards
        • Jan 2014

PLINTH all black geobaskets with the commonly detested flat zipper that already failed me on my Stooges from the season or hold out until Fall'14 to see if he returns to the classic Raccagni zipper after VICIOUS' downgrade to YKK?
        "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
          PLINTH all black geobaskets with the commonly detested flat zipper that already failed me on my Stooges from the season or hold out until Fall'14 to see if he returns to the classic Raccagni zipper after VICIOUS' downgrade to YKK?
          i'd wait or buy older season geos. there's no reason to buy in season for a carry over item unless you're after a certain material, but honestly those zippers suck.

Comment

• noirgt
            • Oct 2012

Atmosphere: I have the same derby in black and I didn't vibram them then continuously wearing them for a year, even in some rainy days. Never wore them in snow though since I almost only wear boots in winter. The soles are still good as fuck... Guess this is what Simone means by "do not handle with care" I would definitely remove those vibram or change to some thiner ones...

Comment

• smashwindow
              • Aug 2012

The lugs are terrible, but a good cobbler can fix them easily

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Seeking advice on a Rick leather. Recently snagged this leather from Mr. Porter when they reposted last season stuff:

Got it in the mail, fits perfect and mollino is probably my fav. classic style but it's the reallly thin blistered leather from last summer. Pros are it drapes well, fits well and is a classic style. Cons are that it's so thin it's really only useful for spring/early fall. I don't have the money to have a closet full of Rick leathers, so I'm wondering what the Rick leather aficionados think. Are there much better leathers this season or coming in fall? I know only I can decide what works for me but just hoping for some feedback from ppl who have handled lots of Rick leathers whether this is a good choice or I should hold out for something else.
                thanks!
                music

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

I have that skin in a Stooges from the same season and it is more like a sweater in terms of warmth. Pro you can keep it on at dinner and I love the drape. Con it is not warm.
                  Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

I recently bought a high neck Intarsia in the heavy blistered leather from A/W10 Gleam, lined with heavy jersey/sweatshirt fabric. I understand that this is as heavy as Rick's blistered leathers will ever get, and it's not actually warm at all. This winter there was this really heavy waxed nubuck, but it was way too stiff uncomfortable. Ultimately, a jacket with an almost cropped length is unlikely to protect you against the elements, no matter how heavy it is.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Relying on a leather jacket for any significant substantial warmth against deep cold is going to be a mistake no matter what brand you go with.

Without actual insulation material, it is only millimeters (really probably 3mm total between your body and the outside and that is for very thick leather) thick.

Rick has produced padded, insulated leather jackets that will function to keep you warm in moderate cold while still looking nice, but thinking that his regular-issue leather jackets (no matter how thick/stiff the hide is) with any lining sans insulation/padding will actually combat winter cold is being unrealistic.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

^I agree, definitely not looking to get a winter jacket out of any Rick leathers. My only dilemna is the one I'm considering is so thin it's not much more effective than a cotton cardigan. I'm not one to suffer and wear a jacket (even a very light one) in the heat of summer so I'm worried this weight of jacket won't get much use in my wardrobe if I hang onto it. Oh well, Mr. Porter gives you 28 days so I have some time to compare with other Rick leathers out there and decide haha.
                        music

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

i just picked up a blistered mollino from vicious. will wear it a ton, come spring/summer/fall, for sure, pretty much the same way i would wear a windbreaker, with several thin layers to adjust to temperature variations. blistered (and that thin calf whatever it's called) is much more versatile than my thicker leathers that only really work in colder temperatures.

in my opinion, if you only get one leather, you'll get the most wear out of a thinner one.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Agreed, I can use my go-to leather (blistered light weight calf Rick's jacket from several years ago) a majority of the year, its fairly warm with a thick sweater and good for summer with a t-shirt.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• imblurredout
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              Agreed, I can use my go-to leather (blistered light weight calf Rick's jacket from several years ago) a majority of the year, its fairly warm with a thick sweater and good for summer with a t-shirt.
                              I've always preferred the blistered in look, but are you suggesting its warmer than non-blistered?

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                                ^I agree, definitely not looking to get a winter jacket out of any Rick leathers. My only dilemna is the one I'm considering is so thin it's not much more effective than a cotton cardigan. I'm not one to suffer and wear a jacket (even a very light one) in the heat of summer so I'm worried this weight of jacket won't get much use in my wardrobe if I hang onto it. Oh well, Mr. Porter gives you 28 days so I have some time to compare with other Rick leathers out there and decide haha.
                                Did you get a 50? (I think we're the same size)...you won't have many options for layering making the jacket less versatile, but it all depends on if you want to wear it inside like a cardigan, which I do with my thin-ish rick leather. If you're only going to own one leather, I think thin is more versatile than thick, but for some reason thin leathers don't feel like real leather sometimes...if that makes any sense.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎