• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
    I've always preferred the blistered in look, but are you suggesting its warmer than non-blistered?
    I don't think there is much of a difference

edit: at least not in this particular jacket/leather..
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lazyguru
      • Jun 2008

The FW10 Blistered Intarsia came slightly padded , not unlike upholstery fabric underlining with the material fused to it.
      was kinda warm!

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

yes this is true my blistered leathers are all much warmer than typical rayon lined rick

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          i just picked up a blistered mollino from vicious. will wear it a ton, come spring/summer/fall, for sure, pretty much the same way i would wear a windbreaker, with several thin layers to adjust to temperature variations. blistered (and that thin calf whatever it's called) is much more versatile than my thicker leathers that only really work in colder temperatures.

in my opinion, if you only get one leather, you'll get the most wear out of a thinner one.

Random question, but did your leather come with the Lou Reed lyric on the inside? I could have sworn I read something about that in a preview of the collection last summer.

Comment

• fireflygrave
            • Aug 2012

Individual sentiments gloved blazer (from what I understand, the glove can be hidden by just putting your whole hand through the opening and tucking it up and away)

fit pic in black colorway

I'm leaning toward the grey-brown version, to get some other shades in my mostly black wardrobe. Can anyone who's seen this in person comment on how true the color in the first image is? Or should I just go with the black version?[/quote]
            put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• eleven crows
              • Mar 2011

fireflygrave, the grey brown colour is a great deviation from an all black look imo. Ink has it at 50% off as well as some more pics for reference.

Comment

• fireflygrave
                • Aug 2012

Yeah, I was going to grab it from ink since they still have it in my size. Have you (or anybody) bought from Ink before? Anything to know or look out for? I assume from the way their website is laid out that I don't need a proxy or anything.
                put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• derpington
                  • Oct 2009

I've bought a number of things from Ink shipped to the USA, and their shipping service is extremely fast (usually arriving within 4 business days), and they mark everything down for customs. I've never been hit with any additional fees.

Comment

• samlasamla
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by derpington View Post
                    I've bought a number of things from Ink shipped to the USA, and their shipping service is extremely fast (usually arriving within 4 business days), and they mark everything down for customs. I've never been hit with any additional fees.
                    My experience as well.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                      Seeking advice on a Rick leather. Recently snagged this leather from Mr. Porter when they reposted last season stuff:

Got it in the mail, fits perfect and mollino is probably my fav. classic style but it's the reallly thin blistered leather from last summer. Pros are it drapes well, fits well and is a classic style. Cons are that it's so thin it's really only useful for spring/early fall. I don't have the money to have a closet full of Rick leathers, so I'm wondering what the Rick leather aficionados think. Are there much better leathers this season or coming in fall? I know only I can decide what works for me but just hoping for some feedback from ppl who have handled lots of Rick leathers whether this is a good choice or I should hold out for something else.
                      thanks!
                      late pass but I have a blistered bullet jacket from the same season and love the leather. as lightweight as a lot of fabric jackets and the texture is fantastic (I liked it better than the other Rick blistered leathers I've handled) even if it doesn't really feel like classic leather. the blistered leather and the classic paper thin smooth lambskin he used for creatch make for the perfect spring/summer leather.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

what is sz's collective opinion on the rick owens flight bomber.

padded, unpadded, all varietals.

i for one am pro-bomber. i think its a classic. kinda tough and masculine. and dark. and utterly usable. like a true basic, it can be worn all the damn time. but its pricey. maybe too pricey for what it is...

what y'all think...?
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• IALAB
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2014

Love that bomber. Looks really, really good. What's the damage?

Comment

• Castor
                            • Nov 2009

Pro bomber camp but wish the padded version was a bit warmer. Love mine though.
                            Originally posted by DRRRK
                            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• newp
                              • Feb 2013

I don't have the build for the bomber. It's too tight in chest or too bulky, and I mean TOO BULKY in the stomach. Tried several versions on, sighed, went for something else.

On the right person it will look masculine and how should I say it? Serious?

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

Used to wear army bombers all the time 15 years ago. Those were practically the same without the designer name behind it. I just cannot justify the pricetag on RO bombers... yet

I want a bomber as well, but nowadays prefer a nonpadded slimfit bomber like the drkshdw bombers or Damir's version.
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎