X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LelandJ
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

Thanks for confirming, I mailed it back earlier today.

Comment

• nicelynice
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
      I'm in dire need of replacing an old (4+ years) black peacoat for this coming winter and I'm torn between the Devoa, but in black, (PROJECT LINK) and The Viridi Anne Melton in black (FASCINATE LINK)....I definitely think the Devoa one is worth it if you can layer underneath. Leaning more towards that one myself as I spoke with a forum member on the TVA Melton and he gave it a scathing review.
      Devoa high-neck fits quite slim, it's not a deep winter coat unless you live somewhere quite warm - no chance you'll be layering it up with a heavy knit and it's not warm enough by itself. The fabric on the VA high-neck coat feels a bit weak for the price (melton wool/nylon blend).. it also doesn't look so good without the neck fully buttoned up. VA had a long coat in a beautiful cotton/linen/wool fabric that might be a better choice, I don't see it at any webstores, might be unique to Isetan.

Comment

• swrecked
        • Sep 2011

I agree with nicelynice. The devoa coat fits pretty slim and isn't a winter coat for really cold climates. It might be tough to layer that coat in your natural size. I personally like the Devoa coats because I think they look great.

Comment

• braver
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by braver View Post
          I've already ordered it, will write back about fit, fabrics and overall inpression in a week!

Comment

• j100000
            • May 2014

Yes or No?

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

I like these, considered myself a pair. can anyone help me with an European stockist?
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• nicelynice
                • Oct 2009

Shorten the sleeves or wear them cuffed? Coat is Bergfabel if anyone is curious, construction and fabrics are on par with the brand it obviously resembles.

(ignore the shoes)

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

do you have pic uncuff? it looks fine cuffed though
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• nicelynice
                    • Oct 2009

Uncuffed swallows the entire hand

Comment

• LelandJ
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2014

The cuff might look good if it were bigger. The current sleeve/cuff length might look ok to me if the sleeves weren't so baggy. Cuffed more or uncuffed shortened, the silhouette might also improve if you had the sleeves tapered in more, perhaps up to an inch or inch and half at most in circumference below the elbow.

All personal preference of course, but offering in case you hadn't considered the option.

I know the collar's supposed to be worn up, but I'm curious how it looks down.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

the width jumps at me more than the length, I would personally taper them a bit and judge the length after that.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nicelynice
                          • Oct 2009

Appreciate the feedback, will see what my tailor says as well

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
                          I know the collar's supposed to be worn up, but I'm curious how it looks down.
                          Can go either, actually - my neck just gets cold!!

Here's a link, don't want to flood this thread with pictures of me:

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

• braver
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by braver View Post
                            I've already ordered it, will write back about fit, fabrics and overall inpression in a week!
                            I finally recieved the coat.
                            It's definitely not for the coldest months, since fabrics is wool blend, it's quite thin and feels little resinated.
                            The collar is great and very comfortable. I have a wide neck, and it feels good, though it is slim.
                            Size 3 works great for 46-48 layerd. The fit is slim, but there is enough space for the thick sweater, and the armholes are not as tight as Devoa's blazers have, so you can move your body and hands in any direction keeping the silhouette slim (yes, Rick!).
                            Another amazing Daisuke Nishida's design!

Comment

• LelandJ
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                              Here's a link, don't want to flood this thread with pictures of me:

http://imgur.com/4dEzBNV
                              Looks good both ways. I need to pick up one of their blazers.

Nice to see a brand offering alternatives to people who Harnden priced out.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Julius x Kuboraum M3's, burnt or matte?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡