X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

I dont see a thumb loop on the one from DAAD

btw, I saw the vinyl pressed one at his showroom a year ago and tried it on. I liked it, but It didn't felt like a BBS piece you would keep.. same for his acid sprayed leather during ss13. it's sick but you won't keep. at least thats my opinion on it. I've owned several of his leather jackets over the years
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Monoral
      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
      I dont see a thumb loop on the one from DAAD

btw, I saw the vinyl pressed one at his showroom a year ago and tried it on. I liked it, but It didn't felt like a BBS piece you would keep.. same for his acid sprayed leather during ss13. it's sick but you won't keep. at least thats my opinion on it. I've owned several of his leather jackets over the years
      It's gonna be hard as fuck to pull off and/or resell for sure. But i dunno, it feels more special somehow. Feels like more work went into it.. Haven't decided yet.

But then again i got a friend with that awful BBS yellow leather jacket that he personally love and totally pull it off. So who knows, I am willing to take the risk.

Comment

• fwoedit
        • Oct 2014

MA+ Bison or Cow?

The Toughest Great Question Ever:

Should I go with the MA+ in bison or cow?

Bison:

Or cow?

I already have the cow in a non-biker (it has this big wool collar thing, so it stays hidden from moths in a hanging plastic bag), but it's so amazing, having a biker might mean more options. Seriously, does anything get more beautiful than this??

But the bison is different, a bit more macho (which I can always use a bit more of, cough cough), and has cotton lining, which means less vulnerable to moths, which likely means more wear time.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Comment

• other_animals
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by fwoedit View Post
          The Toughest Great Question Ever:

Should I go with the MA+ in bison or cow?

BISON!

Comment

• fwoedit
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by other_animals View Post
            BISON!
            Thanks @other_animals! : )

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

Rick shearlings, worth the dosh and if so long or short hair?

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
                rick shearling's are really quite awesome. Worth the price, but of course, better to get perhaps slightly used, or new from an individual, as they are quite expensive, at least as far as rick pieces go

i'd say worth the price, though, i've been eyeing them myself as a replacement for my yyph coat (not shearling)

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
                  My showtek is by far the warmest jacket, hell... the warmest thing, i own. I have been wearing it in the coldest winters with a T-Shirt and didn't feel cold. (also it's so tight it's hard to fit anything more substantial under it)

Definitely worth it if you are looking for warmth.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• palgrave
                    • Jul 2013

Taichi Murakami Mountain Parka:

Yes or No?

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

cheers gregor and mrbeuys, was tempted by the long haired Intarsia at RO LDN but it was still a bit too $$$ even at 30% off minus VAT (that and fur/sheepskin kinda creeps the missus out). might pick up one of the short haired versions if I can get it for 50% off or less..

Comment

• delicious_not
                        • Dec 2012

has anyone tried on this "hat"?

i wonder if it's possible to wrap the scarf all around? does it fall off? most probably won't be wearing this as a balaclava in public but if the scarf part is wide enough then maybe it's a great alternative to a regular scarf?

i mean like this thamanyah:

Comment

• Rei
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by fwoedit

What do you guys think of this fit? Just a tad too small?

It maybe is a tad tight like you say as I see some pulling on the sides. Though the leather will probably give in a lil with wear too, hard to say not having handled these. I notice you did some pulling down which I suspect is cos of the length too. Personally don't like to commit to anything if unsure. But definitely doesn't look bad.

Comment

• zen dog
                            • Jan 2014

Palgrave, I would go for Murakami's mountain parka. A disclaimer- I've never handled his work in person but there has been nothing but high praise for his materials and craftsmanship in these forums. I wanted a pair of his ramie pants when they first came out but Atelier didn't have my size and I haven't been aggressive about getting them since. But atleast you know I'm not sending you down a path I wouldn't travel.

A good thing about the parka is it solves the lapel problem I've seen in his recent coats. Way too large in my opinion. Here the hood sweeps into the front giving the feeling of physical, visual protection and lapels are bypassed completely.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by collecting_items View Post
                              I`m confuse, please help me for my decision. THX
                              resize ur photos first. then maybe we'll help you.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎