Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BodyDouble
    • Jan 2014

CJ Breed, definitely go for them. I picked up a pair of the Desert boots from porter sale and I absolutely love them, the sole, the material, for the price they're a steal and super comfy. The ones you posted take it to another level with zipper and no laces. Don't even think about it if you can get a pair on sale. I love the new direction Rick's boots are taking with the toe box and refinement.

Comment

• hausofblaq
      • Oct 2014

Worth picking up a Rick leather with discoloration like this on the sleeves?

Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Comment

• rickandjulius
        • Feb 2014

No. If you're gonna get a leather jacket, why get one that's discolored instead of holding out for a flawless one?

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
          No. If you're gonna get a leather jacket, why get one that's discolored instead of holding out for a flawless one?
          I understand what you mean. I'm just considering it because it might be possible to have the sleeves conditioned or re-dyed so I thought I'd put out the question to see if it's possible/worth it to do such a thing.

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Because you won't find a flawless one of older pieces easily, like an old geo or pilot. It's just "character" anyways and looks fine or possibly better.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• guardimp
              • Jun 2010

If that is the extent of the damage on the jacket from rakuten it sounds like a good deal.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

you'd be surprised how easily most scuffs on decent quality leather can be buffed out with a leather polishing cloth. I want a high neck Intarsia too but holding out for a long-haired shearling one..

Comment

• hausofblaq
                  • Oct 2014

Here, I'll post the link on here and hope none of you swipe it before I can. I'm not sure if there's discoloration on the collar or if the lighting just makes it look that way.
                  Let me know what you guys think, worth the price or look for something better?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/k.../572413000428/

EDIT:

On the other hand, I've found this one from Limo, with tags and everything in much better condition but a good $300 USD increase in price..
                  http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/s...o/item/b26509/

Originally posted by dji View Post
                  you'd be surprised how easily most scuffs on decent quality leather can be buffed out with a leather polishing cloth. I want a high neck Intarsia too but holding out for a long-haired shearling one..
                  Right, just from what I know of dress shoes, often some mink oil or conditioner can help fix it to look close to new, I'm just not sure how well that information carries over to leather jackets.

Comment

• jabronicoolword
                    • Oct 2014

^

What leather is the first one? Looks like oiled calf to me but I'm definitely not the person to ask, especially based on internet pics. It definitely looks more heavy and substantial than the latter.

Comment

• guardimp
                      • Jun 2010

If you are an Xs neither is a good deal. You can get some amazing deals on rak inn that size. Hold off until something really nice pops up or one of those two goes on sale.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by jabronicoolword View Post
                        ^

What leather is the first one? Looks like oiled calf to me but I'm definitely not the person to ask, especially based on internet pics. It definitely looks more heavy and substantial than the latter.
                        I would assume calf, just based on the thickness of it. The photos surely don't help in determining and no pictures include the product code to check.

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                        If you are an Xs neither is a good deal. You can get some amazing deals on rak inn that size. Hold off until something really nice pops up or one of those two goes on sale.
                        Yeah, I'm fairly skinny. I have my eye out for size 46 to allow some layering underneath, but I really like the feeling of snug leather. I'll take your advice and scour around Rakuten a bit more, being Asian myself, the sizes available on there that fit me are plentiful so I'm not too worried about a shortage of jackets any time soon.

Comment

• tonecrush
                          • Jul 2013

Not sure if I can make up mind on this one: Keep my m.a+ side lace derbies or trade for Linea microlace boots?
                          "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• eight
                            • Jan 2015

Yay or nay?

I think they look pretty cool, but I'm terrible at internet purchases

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

eight

I'm going to go with definitely no haha. It looks like it's trying really hard to be something that it's not, and those inner zippers look a bit questionable on a boot. If you love them then that's really up to you. May I ask who the designer is?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• eight
                                • Jan 2015

Yes I thought the zippers were a little odd too (especially when considering that there is another set in the back)
                                They are OXS rubber soul. I thought the contrast with the grey was kind of cool, but wasn't really sure how (or rather if) they would work in an outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎