X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fromcolortoblack
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
    i don't think they're ugly shoes, and i have seen them in person to ascertain that they are indeed very well made, but when i got my guidis effectively new for $350, it's not insanely hard to beat their prices.
    How did you manage to score a pair for $350? I'm on the market for a pair of 995s right now and that would be a DREAM price.

Comment

• aussy
      • Jul 2011

Second hand Guidi prices seem to be erratic these days. I've seen a few pair of backzips (varied models and colors), including my own, sell for < $400. Unfortunately for you, 995s show less variation in price despite typically being sold for less. There are still deals to be had but you could also spend the extra bucks to get them sooner and wear them for years to come.

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
        How did you manage to score a pair for $350? I'm on the market for a pair of 995s right now and that would be a DREAM price.
        well, i got 994s, but i see plenty of 995s go for around about the same price. depending on the model, guidis can go from 2-800 or so; insane. mostly the 988s, though, which are one of my less favourite, actually.

look on every market, because aussy is right in saying there are crazy fluctuations. grailed, rakuten, here, etc all have such a wide range in prices it's mind boggling.

995s are next for me, as well, but i could give you a shout if i see some besides the pair i settle on

Comment

• Trixer
          • Mar 2014

So, to be adding to the TLC / Guidi debate. I'm looking for some stacked back zip boots and have been eyeing the Guidi 778z but then yesterday, I saw this TLC Asgaard boot and being a sucker for texture, the culatta leather is tilting me towards it I must admit. However, the Guidi's are for sure very solid and a safer bet if I for some reason would wan't to pass them on. So, advice?

Guidi

TLC

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

if you prefer the tlcs, go for them, as they look much more unique and intricate, though i will say guidi quality is a touch above. the guidis strike me as a bit eh, really, the tlcs have a bit of flare. depends if you want something basic or more detailed, really. tlcs are probably also better value presuming you buy at full retail.

neither are bad choices, though.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I personally do not like the pattern on that pair of TLCs compared with the Guidis, where the panels are stitched together. And you won't get the front creasing on a vertical shaft vs one that is tilted back, just a thing to consider.

FYI, the stacked heel is awkward and uncomfortable. My pair is definitely a suffer for fashion shoe.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                well, i got 994s, but i see plenty of 995s go for around about the same price. depending on the model, guidis can go from 2-800 or so; insane. mostly the 988s, though, which are one of my less favourite, actually.

look on every market, because aussy is right in saying there are crazy fluctuations. grailed, rakuten, here, etc all have such a wide range in prices it's mind boggling.

995s are next for me, as well, but i could give you a shout if i see some besides the pair i settle on
                Haha thanks so much for the tip, Gregor. If it helps I'm an 8.5. ;) You probably don't want to tell me all of your secrets -- but what markets other than grailed, rakuten, and here should I look at?

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

those are honestly the best ones, but sufu, styleforum, maybe yahoo japan, and some facebook groups are good places to look, as well.

there's a pair of 991s in your size on grailed that'd be nice alternatives, as they're basically just slightly higher 995s; https://www.grailed.com/listings/159...-lace-up-boots

or if you want to use an insole and snipe the pair i'm watching; https://www.grailed.com/listings/141...-lace-up-boots

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

Easy mate. You are too fast already..
                    Focusing on object details

Comment

• tonecrush
                      • Jul 2013

So I'm having trouble deciding on buying all 3 of these.
                      Problem is the short sleeve is a 50 and have no knowledge on the fit, the long is a 52 but I want raw hems. I think I should definitely take the shorts as I'm moving all my pants on. I know the shorts will fit fine.

I could buy all 3 and just see how they go...
                      Last edited by tonecrush; 08-23-2015, 02:19 AM. Reason: resize
                      "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• tonecrush
                        • Jul 2013

Yes its all LeU. I've got a ls shirt in 48 that I could wear its only too short though, I was thinking 50 wouldn't be too bad. That's not a bad point cutting the ls one instead.

edit: well they originally threw me off with one item listed as a 52 and turned out to be 48. The short sleeve is already paid for. I'm just going to exchange for the shorts and ask to be refunded the rest. Pretty disappointed, I really wanted that wool sweater.
                        Last edited by tonecrush; 08-23-2015, 05:45 AM. Reason: not to double post
                        "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                          I might get flak for this but i really don't see the hype behind tlc. A lot of the shoes look like all saints( tacky sneakers, burnished cap toes and all).According to some here, they are well made, and i don't doubt that, but i believe for just a little more you can get guidis(i'm assuming most of you that bought tlc bought backzips). Am i missing something here?
                          In my case, nothing comparable to the GEST-MAT model which has a pretty particular look and didn't want to be an RO creeper zombie.

Comment

• Recht
                            • Aug 2015

Searching for T-Shirt? We&#8217;ve got Boris Bidjan Saberi Men's Tops starting at $119 and plenty of other Men's Tops. Shop our selection of Boris Bidjan Saberi today!

I was looking for that kind of tee, wondering if 119 is still too much for an used tee.

( also nice to meet y'all )

Comment

• aussy
                              • Jul 2011

You tell me, is it too much?

Comment

• tonecrush
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Recht View Post
                                https://www.grailed.com/listings/167...saberi-t-shirt

I was looking for that kind of tee, wondering if 119 is still too much for an used tee.

( also nice to meet y'all )
                                You realize how much they are new right? Most bbs tees are about 200 used.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎