• Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

That doesn't mean it's not too much for a used t-shirt, hahaha

Comment

• en0rm
      • May 2010

what are your thoughts on the Rick Island Dunks ?

i like them (all black...im not a fan of how they look with a white sole) and have tried them on but im not sure about the hight somehow... what are your opinions?

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I think the height is more versatile than the high-tops, since that height can be worn with shorts, cropped pants, and long pants. I usually prefer white shoes with black shorts. Black w/white sole could be good for long black pants to add some visual weight at the bottom. All black could be great with long socks and cropped pants.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Recht
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by aussy View Post
          You tell me, is it too much?
          I dont really know, its the first time I have my own money income so it seems a lot of money for someone like me that is used to HM / Zara tee. As I dont know about BBS quality , I ask here

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Recht View Post
            I dont really know, its the first time I have my own money income so it seems a lot of money for someone like me that is used to HM / Zara tee. As I dont know about BBS quality , I ask here
            What aussy is trying to tell you, in very few words , is that while price is a concrete monetary figure, affordability is partly a mental construct. If you think it's worth it, buy it. Routinely shopping at H&M/Zara makes everything else look expensive.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I've made a rule of thumb for myself regarding used pieces. It should be half the retail price, maybe even a sale price, give or take depending on the piece/condition/seller.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

recht it all depends on how you view it.

if you're used to h&m/zara, then by comparison, anything over ten bucks for a shirt is probably expensive. compared to retail on the shirt however, it becomes quite cheap, and average compared to what bbs tees sell for on the secondhand market. in my mind (which, i grant you, thinks of prices and affordability probably a bit differently than yours) it's a good price for a shirt that will, compared to what you own, blow your mind in terms of construction.

it's nicer to have the original than the fast fashion copy, though, so i have to say i'd do it if i were in your shoes and really liked the shirt.

note: sz will change your perception of a lot of things if you stick around long enough...
                Last edited by gregor; 08-24-2015, 03:51 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

• Recht
                  • Aug 2015

Ok I see what you guys mean, it's pretty interesting in fact. Gotta consider it a little bit more but I feel how you see expensive things and why something is worth it ort not.

Also Gregor, your avatar reminds me of something but IDK why

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

recht why not send him an offer? the worst he can say is no. it does always help to think, but some pieces, like that perhaps, are good for getting into and experimenting with the look you want. of course the final decision is up to you, but i will say bbs quality is definitely worth it at that price.

as for the avy, it's from lumen et umbra's ss11 presentation; a personal fave, not sure where you may have seen it though

Comment

• Recht
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                      as for the avy, it's from lumen et umbra's ss11 presentation; a personal fave, not sure where you may have seen it though
                      Maybe an avy on another forum ?

I sent him an offer just to see how it goes

Comment

• NOHSAD
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Recht View Post
                        https://www.grailed.com/listings/167...saberi-t-shirt

I was looking for that kind of tee, wondering if 119 is still too much for an used tee.

( also nice to meet y'all )
                        Second hand BBS tees are around $200 on average, $119 for a BBS tee in decent condition is a steal. If the seller denies your offer, it's still a good price. Like Faust said a few post back, if you're someone who's used to shopping at fast-fashion stores constantly it's usually more expensive in comparison to buying well constructed, long lasting (given you take care of it correctly) garments like BBS.
                        "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• tonecrush
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Routinely shopping at H&M/Zara makes everything else look expensive.
                          I get this although my viewpoint is that shopping at H&M/Zara is exactly the kind of thing that persuades me to buy clothes of labels/brands I actually like (unless its just for doing dirty work around home etc). I get most of my stuff 2nd hand but I don't see an issue when that's what gets me somewhat to where I want to be wardrobe wise. For me when I went shopping for clothes before I got tipped off about a boutique in my city, I couldn't find anything that I'd buy for the asking price for months and months.

Point is I see the differences pretty clearly visually and the difference actually wearing designers work vs fast fashion is definitely felt and there lies the value, especially when price is reasonable for the condition as previously mentioned.
                          "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

Deepti mithril chainmail turtleneck, yay or nay?

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                              Depends on what level quests you'll be doing.
                              Yeah what's the armor bonus?

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                                Yeah what's the armor bonus?
                                +1 charisma, -10 wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰