• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADreamofBlue
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
    Geobaskets on shorter guys? Yes or no
    I've never been a fan of them on shorter people; they overpower their legs. I'm sure others here will disagree with me, though. If you're the shorter guy in question, it's obviously your decision to begin with.
    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• gregor
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
      Geobaskets on shorter guys? Yes or no
      i find them less intimidating then everyone seems to. i think it's harder if you're short, but there's most definitely ways to wear them.

Comment

• Lex1017
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
        i find them less intimidating then everyone seems to. i think it's harder if you're short, but there's most definitely ways to wear them.
        How short are we talking? I'm 5'6" and I wear mine all the time. Granted I don't wear them loose, I tie them up. Maybe I look like an idiot though and just surround myself with the kindest people on earth, who knows.

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
          Black dress shirt is tricky territory. Design/styling has to be on point or else you look like a pick-up artist.
          Hahah best one I've heard yet, so accurate too.
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
            When in doubt one could always hunt down a pair of Geos with short tongues.
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• sunny
              • Dec 2012

Geobaskets are quite easy to wear compared with Ramones boots and Cargobaskets.

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

I think the problem for Geos isn't about your height but about your lower legs. Right. You must have very skinny legs for them to look good. Even skinny is not enough, but very, very skinny. Because they make your legs look srtonger and shorter than they actually are.

You will see they look right on people (guys) having skinny legs, even pretty short guys. And they look so nice and sexy on girls. That's why.

Ramons (high top) have little problems of the sort.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                  • May 2014

i don't agree. i've seen geos look good on many guys and they weren't all that thin. I think it's an issue of balancing out the volume with the rest of the fit since they are pretty big shoes....

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                    • Sep 2015

I disagree with you as well. Having "very, very skinny" legs with Geos is not good - that's when people start to breach in to that "clown shoe" territory. Having some developed legs with Geos helps to fill out the space the wide shaft creates. They're brawny shoes.
                    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                      How short are we talking? I'm 5'6" and I wear mine all the time. Granted I don't wear them loose, I tie them up. Maybe I look like an idiot though and just surround myself with the kindest people on earth, who knows.
                      well, i have friends shorter than i (5'7-8), and they wear them rather nicely. i find that they look much less daunting in person, and worn, as opposed to by themselves. boot ramones and the elephant boots are the only ones that really look dumb on shorter people.

Comment

• Fenix
                        • Aug 2010

You actually need to have muscular legs with 2-4% body fat and no hair to wear geos. Also, if you are not 5'10"-6'8" they are a no go....
                        Originally posted by hausofblaq
                        Grow up.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                          You actually need to have muscular legs with 2-4% body fat and no hair to wear geos. Also, if you are not 5'10"-6'8" they are a no go....
                          Also need to wear a cape and have green eyes and a toothy smile. An interest in 19th century painting also helps.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• 13we2
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                            Cultural/Aesthetical difference again...? Maybe I saw too many Korean pop stars and Chinese girls wearing them. You guys talk about coherence/conformity between legs & the geo shoes, while the idea to me has been more of contrast/slim & big.

Same for them Chinese slim girls wearing Air Jordans... Thought it was contrast.

Damn... She used to wear her black&white geos better but I can't find the pics. Anyway you get the idea... She's the same girl in this pic (you might've seen):

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Cultural/comedic difference I'd say.

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

It appears that she may have stepped in something prior to the last photo. Such a shame...
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎