• lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="xeefus"]
    Is it really so bad?[:O]

[/quote]

I think it looks pretty cool!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• pipe
      • Sep 2007

I was wondering what you thought of this Balenciaga jacket for a guy. I am fairly shory so don't really like to wear longer coats

I can only post the link from Matches as I can't/don't know how to copy the picture.

http://www.matchesfashion.com/catalo...5_0002_bla_525

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="pipe"]

I was wondering what you thought of this Balenciaga jacket for a guy. I am fairly shory so don't really like to wear longer coats

I can only post the link from Matches as I can't/don't know how to copy the picture.

[/quote]

Don't like it. It's like a bad copy of Dior androgyny, which is a bad copy in itself...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Orochi
          • Sep 2007

[quote user="pipe"]

[/quote]

It's definitely not suitable for a guy. That space-warrior collection was infamous and it'll be obvious toa lot of people that you're wearing a ladies jacket.

Comment

• heptagenid
            • Apr 2007

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w14687931

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product...nvin/87911.htm

Comment

• drexl
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="heptagenid"]

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w14687931

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product...nvin/87911.htm

[/quote]

The first Dior jacket is quite plain, you could do much much better on Ebay. I think there was a guy selling his Luster M65 leather for $2.7k, if you absolutely want to drop that kind of cash on a leather, it much much better than the one on Yahoo Jp.

As for the Lanvin, the pockets look a bit wierd. I like the silk grosgrain trim along the zipper, but the jacket just looks very "meh" to me. Oddly, it's not that expensive for a Lanvin piece (compared to their other, very $$$ stuff).

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I honestly love the Lanvin jacket. I tried it on this past weekend and it's a perfect weight and the metal mixed with the wool gives it a unique feel.

It gets a yes from me.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• heptagenid
                  • Apr 2007

Links would be appreciated for some nice Dior leathers. I'm unsure about the pockets for the Lanvin jacket but I love the material...

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Have to disagree with Casius there. I think the jacket, while of excellent quality, is neither here nor there. It's not exactly outerwear - it will not keep you warm - nor it is a light spring jacket because of the padding. It's more like something you wear under a coat to keep you warm.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

I do agree with this. It isn't a substantial coat at all. I was probably looking at it from a 'SoCal weather' point of view. :)
                      It is of great quality though as with most Lanvin items.

[quote user="Faust"]Have to disagree with Casius there. I think the jacket, while of excellent quality, is neither here nor there. It's not exactly outerwear - it will not keep you warm - nor it is a light spring jacket because of the padding. It's more like something you wear under a coat to keep you warm.
                      [/quote]

Comment

• drexl
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="heptagenid"]Links would be appreciated for some nice Dior leathers. I'm unsure about the pockets for the Lanvin jacket but I love the material...[/quote]

Keep an eye out on Ebay and the Dior Homme MSN group: http://groups.msn.com/diorhomme/

Comment

• heptagenid
                          • Apr 2007

Thanks for all the insight! I have noticed Dior (and many other things) are extremely highly priced on Y!. Could anybody recommend some other Lanvin jackets that are not dreadfully expensive?

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

That's definitely the cheapest jacket they make this season. All the others are over $3,000. :(

Comment

• heptagenid
                              • Apr 2007

Well I suppose it's cheap for a reason... [66]

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Well, if you consider $1500+ cheap...haha. Honestly, I like the jacket, it would be perfect for a mild climate.

If you wanna be ballin' though, go for one of thier leather jackets or the button waist long coat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎