X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

Albert no offense to you man I love your style. The thing I like about you is that you love your shit and have always loved ityet you can appreciate other people's sensibilities. For me I need color and not just color for color's sake but if I find something in a color that makes me say "damn this shit is dope" I'll buy it over the same thing in black or grey. Everyone is an individual, and everyone is different. It's hard not to buy nice stuff sometimes but I ask myself if I have something similar and if it's sicker than what I already have or I won't buy it. There aretoo many good pieces out there but there's no point in buying duplicates that you won't wear.

Comment

• heptagenid
      • Apr 2007

I really love this...is it worth $205? I'm thinking yes...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...0/IMGP5400.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...0/IMGP5402.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...0/IMGP5412.jpg

Comment

• heptagenid
        • Apr 2007

Oh and if anybody knows how this fits it would be greatly appreciated. It is a small but I normally wear an extra small. Hopefully it's not too big. Sorry for being annoying...

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

It should fit you fine.... but have you tried on Luster PVC coated pieces before?

The effect is awesome of course (that slight bit of sheen like it's wet... really lovely) but what you give up is ANY breathability in the article you're wearing. Along with that, there will be a significant decrease in stretch and give in the shirt (which is why the size S will fit you fine) making it a bit odd to wear compared to standard long sleeved shirts/polos....

If you can handle that, then go for it. $205 is very reasonable. I do miss the Luster era....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• heptagenid
            • Apr 2007

Thank you for all the info. You are very knowledgeable!

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]Albert no offense to you man I love your style. The thing I like about you is that you love your shit and have always loved ityet you can appreciate other people's sensibilities. For me I need color and not just color for color's sake but if I find something in a color that makes me say "damn this shit is dope" I'll buy it over the same thing in black or grey. Everyone is an individual, and everyone is different. It's hard not to buy nice stuff sometimes but I ask myself if I have something similar and if it's sicker than what I already have or I won't buy it. There aretoo many good pieces out there but there's no point in buying duplicates that you won't wear.[/quote]

Word Mesh. We all got our own style... it's just unfortunate that it often takes so much time and $$$ to settle in to a new groove that will only be transient as we always change every couple months to few years no? It's hard keeping a solid, straight style and tastes, fashion, design are all an evolutionary process.

Your approach is really a good one. I try to follow it but try as I may, I always settle back to the monochromatic with just some sparks of color here and there. Definitely hard not to buy nice stuff especially since all sorts of cool shit comes out every season. I find myself saying "ok, I'm good in (insert category of clothing)" but then something shows up that I either didn't have the opportunity to pick up before, or didn't even know existed and I can't help but have a go at it hahaha.

Ah well, the key is always to spend within one's means. Clothes are not the end-all-be-all.

I do love how everyone on the forum views clothing creations as an art. There's the appreciative factor, and the discussions generated from people's likes, dislikes that really keep me reading each and every thread whether I like the designer/aesthetic or not. There are fans of every designer/design house (even thom browne [83] just kidding! hehehe) and those that are not. The great thing is that people back up their opinions and that generates really interesting discussions. At the same time, learning about the numerous projects/offshoots of Yohji was something really something cool to learn as I am very much in the dark about Yamamoto and his empire. I'm beginning to appreciate it more from a design/creativity sense (even though the aesthetic doesn't appeal to me) as the discussion of his designs continue.

Can I say... SZ fucking rocks? Because it certainly does. Rocks socks!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Thanks Albert [Y]
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nevermind
                  • Sep 2007

i need help deciding

or

buttero's or annd from badseeds?

if i was to get the buttero boots, im not sure whether i should get the suede or normal ones, if was to wear them a lot in damp conditions would it be wise to stray away from suede?

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Both are beautiful but i would get the Ann D ones if only for how well they will retain value if you ever choose to sell them on. There's always AnnD freaks around [66]
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ where?!

nevermind, Ann's for sure. Her black is the best black in the world.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

/\ where?!

nevermind, Ann's for sure. Her black is the best black in the world.

[/quote]

And at Badseeds price, especially. $420 compared to the suede Butteros at $385? No question. Wish I had the same dilemma, Ann D. never seems to show up in a US 7.5 - 8. (which is like a size 40? 39? Her stuff runs so big it's hard to tell)
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

I did fit into a size 39 at some point, much to my surprise...but you're probably more of a 40, although her sizing varies
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]I did fit into a size 39 at some point, much to my surprise...but you're probably more of a 40, although her sizing varies[/quote]

Agree, these days it's true to size. In the heyday they ran a size bigger. I almost pulled the trigger on the ones Chris posted, but I really set my mind on the Junya coat - saving my pennies.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

cant seem to figure out if it's just a bunch of small, connected loops, or if it's one really long slab of wool.

or if it's worth $325.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

i don't like it, chris (especially the chain part, too stylized). for $325, there are much nicer scarves to be had, I think.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎