• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

permanently fucked up?

so, i wasnt expecting to be pelted with rain or jumping across puddles today, so i was stupid enough to wear my dior boots to school... now the right shoe (and only the right shoe for some odd reason)is all scaly and wrinkly. i use shoe trees, but they dont seem to be helping the toe area anymore, and the sides are all fucked. my question is, could a cobbler, or whoever somehow smooth out/ somewhat repair the damage that's been done?

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Re: permanently fucked up?

This is just guesswork, but you could try treating the leather with something to soften it up a bit and then stuffing the toe area with something to try and smooth it out.

Hope you get that fixed, those are really nice boots [76]

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Chim
        • Dec 2006

i actually think that looks pretty cool. what if you just wore the left boot and romped around in the water some more?

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

The most that I can suggest is apply a leather balm, but I don'tthink that wrinkling will go - it's the warping of the leather from moisture, and then drying. But you should take them to a cobbler and see if there's any way they can minimize it, although Chim's suggestion of trying to get the other shoe to match the damage is a good one...

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

or you could increase the damage on that one alone and start to approx CCP
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lll
              • Dec 2007

[quote user="CHRIS"]

so, i wasnt expecting to be pelted with rain or jumping across puddles today, so i was stupid enough to wear my dior boots to school... now the right shoe (and only the right shoe for some odd reason)is all scaly and wrinkly. i use shoe trees, but they dont seem to be helping the toe area anymore, and the sides are all fucked. my question is, could a cobbler, or whoever somehow smooth out/ somewhat repair the damage that's been done?

[/quote]

you need this http://www.pecard.com/store.php?crn=213&rn=385&action=show_detail

a small tub will do all your shoes good for a year..

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

thanks for all the help! ill take them to a cobbler when i get a chance, but will definitely get some of that shoe leather stuff to hopefully soften them back up.

not sure if i want them distressed as hell yet!

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

I spoke to a friend who works with leather, and he said that the best thing to do when your shoes get wet like that is stuff them with newspapers and let them air dry in a cool dry place - not near a radiator. The heat from the radiator will cause the leather to dry too fast, hence the warping. Newspaper is better than a shoe tree because it will help keep the shape of the shoes, but will allow moisture to be absorbed - shoe tree woods are coated with a lacquer more often than not, and won't absorb as much.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

^That's some good advise. If your shoe trees are unfinished cedar, they should be good for the task as well. Cedar's absorption qualities are excellent and well established. Plus they leave your footwear with a nice fragrance. One could be very surprised at the amount of sweating a foot does and the high amount of moisture it leaves behind. I think everyone should own at least one pair of unfinished cedar shoe trees to use for 24 hours immediately after wearing footwear to significantly extend the life of the shoes/boots. OK so that was a huge tangent. Just wanted to contribute to those who didn't know, though I'm sure the majority here are well aware.

Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

Re: yes or no? - wings + horns

i'm definitely feeling this wings + horns bomber

price is palpable too. around $550?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

It's nice. Something workwear-y about it, in a good and bad way.
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

I'm more interested in that hooded sweater. I need a new black pullover / black hooded sweater, and that looks pretty nice. What do W+H sweaters usually run, like $200?
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Raw Edge
                            • Jan 2008

I like both, tho not awestruck. W+H makes high quality stuff, tho I really only have liked their hoodies, which usually run something like 212 retail in nyc.

Comment

• Brokenaura
                              • Jul 2007

Re: yes or no? - Cydwok shoes/boots

http://cydwoq.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CYDWOQ&Product _Code=MCY-HELMET&Category_Code=MCY-BOOTS

I'm thinking about ordering these...really can't go wrong for $300. Any fit/quality testimonials? They just recently vamped up their site for direct ordering and Custom/Special order color options at no extra charge. Some 250+ colors
                              He who has rejected his demons badgers us to death with his angels

Comment

• mauser
                                • Oct 2007

Re: yes or no? - Cydwok shoes/boots

Hi, I have two pairs of Cydwoqs and I say they are worth the price. My cobbler told me that the shoes are likely factory made (not hand made as they claim) but I've had my shoes for a while, have worn them alotand am very pleased with them. If you like the style, go for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎