• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: yes or no? - wings + horns

MM6 dress. It comes with the belt and has a "marsupial" pocket. [73]

Thoughts? Is it understated sexy or utterly boring? [76]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

understated sexy [Y]
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
        • Jan 2008

on the right girl, definitely sexy.

on that mannequin, mildly (not utterly) boring

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Chim
          • Dec 2006

laika: it looks a bit like those 1950s dresses that older women still wear because it fits, except without the built in shoulderpads. I'd give it a thumbs down

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Yes or no? Sartoria Jacket

Bought this for my friend from Drexl. It was way too big for him, we had some measuring issues for sure. It kind of fits me, but I worry it looks a little 80s, and creates a bit of a stomach I don't really have. Opinions? These pics

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Re: Yes or no? Sartoria Jacket

[quote user="theetruscan"]

Bought this for my friend from Drexl. It was way too big for him, we had some measuring issues for sure. It kind of fits me, but I worry it looks a little 80s, and creates a bit of a stomach I don't really have. Opinions? These pics aren't flattering, but so it goes.

[/quote]

I'll be frank here. The length is a bit too short on your frame for my tastes. There are some things that you have to look out for when it comes to "hard" fabrics like these. Here, it looks a little snug through the chest, which is odd as it appears to fit just fine through the shoulders and back. The fit through the chest and upper abdominal area is most likely what is causing the slight "ballooning effect" through the mid-section. The vent shouldn't be sitting open like that on this piece. I think the biggest challenge you face with this piece is the length though. At this length, softer fabrics that allow the piece to kind of drape over you would be best. I would say no. Its a great piece purchased from a fine seller, so you shouldn't have any trouble moving it if you decide to resell it!
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

it doesn't look right as it is.... For that jacket style and fabric, it's one of those that you should mostly wear open. It looks odd buttoned up in my opinion :) The jacket is an amazing one though!

Try taking a photo of it worn unbuttoned. The thing about a lot of Carpe Diem/Sartoria/Linea pieces is that they seem to work well with specific looks... the more raw edges, solid colors, draping fabrics, the better.

I'll tell ya this, with my black sartoria jacket (also hard black canvas with triangular "hood") I never button it. At most, I button only the bottom button casually. Give that a try!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deleuze
                  • Jul 2007

This jacket is becoming more ubiquitous than The North Face. Quite odd. Anyway I agree with DHC and Albert's thoughts.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

it doesn't look right as it is.... For that jacket style and fabric, it's one of those that you should mostly wear open. It looks odd buttoned up in my opinion :) The jacket is an amazing one though!

Try taking a photo of it worn unbuttoned. The thing about a lot of Carpe Diem/Sartoria/Linea pieces is that they seem to work well with specific looks... the more raw edges, solid colors, draping fabrics, the better.

I'll tell ya this, with my black sartoria jacket (also hard black canvas with triangular "hood") I never button it. At most, I button only the bottom button casually. Give that a try!

[/quote]

Good call on wearing it open Albert. It may ease the tugging seen at the underarm area. I very rarely wear mine closed as well. I do have to say that when I do wear it closed, the fit is fine and the option to do so should always be there for the wearer when a fastening system is there to be utilized.

Edit: Theetruscan. Just wondering how the armholes are cut. On the high side?

Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Good call on wearing it open Albert. It may ease the tugging seen at the underarm area. I very rarely wear mine closed as well. I do have to say that when I do wear it closed, the fit is fine and the option to do so should always be there for the wearer when a fastening system is there to be utilized.

[/quote]

Thank you all for the advice. The jacket does look more natural open, but the vent still sits open. I'm afraid it's not for me. The chest is 42" around (21 pit to pit) which is roughly the exact measurement of my chest. Most of my t-shirts are even looser than that to get around my chest, so I suspect that is what's causing the ballooning. Take a look, but I'm afraid you're right, this is destined for another.

WHEEEEEEEEE

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• broke
                        • Jan 2008

Re: Yes or No?

I've been looking for a julius blazer for a decent price and came across THIS today. It's just what I'm looking for but the problem is that it has been used. Worth it or not?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

not a terrible price... but I think you can find the same thing for at least a hundred or so less on yahoo auctions :)

Check out the yahoo auctions thread on here for the search terms and start digging!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• CHRIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2006

Comment

• paprik
                              • Nov 2006

ebz

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h59756623

anyone know the retail price on this jacket? and what size is good for a person who is 187cm, 75kg

Comment

• badseeds
                                • Mar 2007

Re: ebz

retail was 176400 JPY. i was bidding on aslightly used one and it ended at nearly 185000JPY[:(]

i think youwill need size 2~3 (even thoit might still be too short for you)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎