• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Re: ahhhhhhhhhhh

[quote user="Real Real"]

Yes or no?[/quote]

Are these Corthays? If so, try to get the boot instead although they can be really difficult to find.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Cas, the luc trench for sure. At the moment you can't do luc special orders so when that trench is gone its gone... A special order can be done later you know? Also carol seems to issue oxfords all the time so you'll get more chances at them later![/quote]

That's actually a really great point Albert! My only reason for debate is the fact I really don't wear coats too much...but I want a nice one because I have exactly, 0.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Real Real
        • Feb 2007

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[quote user="Real Real"]

Yes or no?[/quote]

Are these Corthays? If so, try to get the boot instead although they can be really difficult to find.

[/quote]

Yeah, they're Corthays. I think I might be going to Paris in the next month or two, so I'll see what RTW models they have at the boutique. I'm half-thinking about bespoke, but the price is f-ing ridiculous right now given the price of the euro in dollars, and I don't want to have to wait 6 months, either.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Cas, the luc trench for sure. At the moment you can't do luc special orders so when that trench is gone its gone... A special order can be done later you know? Also carol seems to issue oxfords all the time so you'll get more chances at them later![/quote]

That's actually a really great point Albert! My only reason for debate is the fact I really don't wear coats too much...but I want a nice one because I have exactly, 0.

[/quote]

Agree with the luc, it's a trench but not overdesigned or too busy, it's lightweigth (perfect for wearing it without fearing of overheat) and it's on the pretty decent side of pricing (remeber luc's t-shirts are like $700)

I also want one myself but i'm poor right now due to some kind of shopping spree that left me pennyless (damn luc, owens and a couple more of the usual suspects)

Comment

• Avyer
            • Dec 2007

Are there any pictures of the LUC trench being worn? All I have seen are the pics on PolyA.
            Remember, be here now.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

wearing the little ann demeulemeesters dust bags that come with the hats/belts etc that say ann demeulemeester in big white font as a tote bag??

YES OR NO???

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Want these - but not sure if they are real.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• iSuck
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="iSuck"]

What are your options when getting custom CCP shoes? Where are they ordered?

[/quote]

Answer my question yes or no?

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

You must sell your soul.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

[quote user="Real Real"]

Yeah, they're Corthays. I think I might be going to Paris in the next month or two, so I'll see what RTW models they have at the boutique. I'm half-thinking about bespoke, but the price is f-ing ridiculous right now given the price of the euro in dollars, and I don't want to have to wait 6 months, either.[/quote]

Bespoke is going to run you serious loot. But if you can find a solid color Corthay boot that would be awesome. I've only seen a pair once and it was quite a sight to behold. One of the most perfect dress boots ever. I wish some of these brands weren't so damn conservative and went out on a limb a bit more. But I guess that's the point of bespoke...

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="iSuck"][quote user="iSuck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some stores do have a privileged relationship with CCP and can do special orders (I know "The library" in London does this), AFAIK it's more along the line of finding you an item that is sold out and getting it made in your size than anything else; at least that's what they told me. I am unaware of any mtm/bespoke CCP program; Carpe Diem used to have a crazy one in Paris with a trip to some weird lab where measurements were taken and a custom leather jacket was made but it has been over for long.

On another note Corthay do bespoke orders in some crazy colours like yellow or green.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Real Real"]Haha, harsh response. Etruscan, you're right, it's kind of a mashup - more formal because it's black and streamlined, but less formal, because it's a derby, not an oxford. If I were to buy a pair of Corthays, I'd probably get a black captoe oxford, first (the captoe makes it look less pointy).

They're beautifully made, but they're also about $1300, and my girlfriend doesn't like them, so I probably won't be buying them. Still, there's something about them that I find appealing.[/quote]

It's not a bad combination because plaintoes on such a sleek last have a rather rakish air that matches the casualness of blutchers. Oh and in 2008 no one cares about what is more or less formal, you?re wearing black leather shoes=you?re ok.

Comment

• Real Real
                            • Feb 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]On another note Corthay do bespoke orders in some crazy colours like yellow or green.[/quote]

Bespoke from Corthay is about 3000 euros to start, less in the future, because they keep your last on hand.

And, yeah, Corthay will do just about anything - bright orange patent, stingray, etc.

Corthay's website

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="iSuck"][quote user="iSuck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some stores do have a privileged relationship with CCP and can do special orders (I know "The library" in London does this), AFAIK it's more along the line of finding you an item that is sold out and getting it made in your size than anything else; at least that's what they told me. I am unaware of any mtm/bespoke CCP program; Carpe Diem used to have a crazy one in Paris with a trip to some weird lab where measurements were taken and a custom leather jacket was made but it has been over for long.

On another note Corthay do bespoke orders in some crazy colours like yellow or green.

[/quote]

Ah for the days of X12. I wish I could have gotten a chance at it... they even had a remote fitting location (a trailer set up somewhere else in Paris as well if I remember correctly).

I still have the Anatomica video somewhere on my computer that used to be on minorityrev...

As for the Corthays.... I can appreciate retaining that art of old school bespoke shoe making... but 3000 euros for something that's banker-style? I dunno, it's just too conservative/old money looking to me. The construction is lovely and immaculate... but man. The numbers being thrown around in a number of these threads from some of these lines is seriously crazy. When you're talking mortgage vs. shoes... it's gotten way wayout of hand.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Corthay's styling is anything but conservative, the last shapes are ultra-dandyish and the colourings can be crazy; they're more like Berluti than Lobb or Green. If I ever get a pair of eggplant coloured shoes (I like the idea, not sure I'd wear them), they'll be either Berluti or Corthay. Both companies do come from the great tradition of shoe making and mainly appeal to those who wear traditional shoes but want something slightly crazier but that doesn't mean they're not innovative.

BTW I just learned on their website that they have a collaboration with Yohji going on.

BTW those are pretty nice, the seller is on styleforum so of anyone is interested you might be able to get a reduction by going outside ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/NIB-dk-green-CORTHAY-Chukka-boots-US-11-US_W0QQitemZ300214947966QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63850QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638. m122

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎