X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
    The version I found is similar, but the straps are legit elastic like black waistbands. Way more substantial and the straps aren't growing out of the crotch like the pair above.

I've just never seen this version and was curious if they came before or after the version in the link above.

Thanks
    I've had three different versions of trousers with elastic straps, most of them are from 2003ish.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      Has anyone tried these on? Too high for practical use?
      I am wearing them now and they were a good purchase. Work great in the cold with shorts, very malleable actually and super comfortable. But if you wear them with anything other than shorts it goes into weird dominatrix territory... (tucked in that is)
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        I am wearing them now and they were a good purchase. Work great in the cold with shorts, very malleable actually and super comfortable. But if you wear them with anything other than shorts it goes into weird dominatrix territory... (tucked in that is)
        tnx...I opted for the lower biker boots instead. I love these, but they're more for the runway than my day-to-day life.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• anomolies
          • Dec 2011

This one?

H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

or this one?

H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

(I can get either one for about the same price)

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

It depends on what type of look do you want them. The MA ones are definitely more casual, even sporty I would say, while the 2nd ones are keeping more of normal pants characteristics. I would say go for the 2nd ones as I prefer them lookwise in pretty much everything and if I would be aiming at getting sporty dropcrotches I would go for RO.
            Last edited by Czx; 01-20-2012, 02:15 PM.
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by anomolies View Post
              This one?

or this one?

(I can get either one for about the same price)
              2nd one for me.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

I second the second, if I had to drop crotch I'd go the more 'refined' route

Comment

• anomolies
                  • Dec 2011

I like how it's more refined but I feel like the second one won't look right when tucked into boots... thoughts?

Comment

• shdws
                    • Sep 2011

Fellow stylezeitgeistians
                    Anyone tried these on? or owns them, what is your opinion?.
                    But the shorter shaft version

LAYERS sources the finest avant-garde and contemporary fashion designers from around the world. Discover Maison Margiela, Uma Wang, MM6, By Walid, Rundholz, and more at our boutique in Soho, London!

For some reason I did not see it in the campaign photos though : /
                    And white....is it going to be hard to pull off, yes or no?

And who actually has had white boots (or still has) and finds it hard to match with the rest of their stuff.

I cant find the black ones anymore in my size that is why...
                    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

White's nearly as easy to wear as black, only trouble is that it can be hit and miss with other leather colors. The infamous Julius bacon jacket will work with black leather, but probably won't work with those, for example. It will work with black leathers though.

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

I think those are beautiful boots but they would definitely be a little tougher to work into an everyday outfit and they're going to be the visual center probably unless you're balancing it with something pretty stunning on the torso.

I like black boots and I love the bone color CCP derbies but I cannot commit to either one. It's more of a personal preference but if my footwear isn't dark, my peripheral vision keeps picking up the light areas down below and it freaks me out.

But based on leather, design, style...I always thought they were amazing.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• shdws
                          • Sep 2011

HI Patroklus

Interesting....These are non returnable, hard decision....the boots kinda remind me of the whiteout pens ink for some reason.
                          Other thing is...when it gets dirty...its going to hell because of being reverse calf and white.
                          Last edited by shdws; 01-21-2012, 11:10 PM.
                          Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• shdws
                            • Sep 2011

Hi Beardown!

Yea..I'm not 100% sure to go with them or not, you are right...it will be in other words very eye catching which is definitely not my intentions.

side note: you look at your feet when you walk in general : /? or is it because if they were white, its just like distracting so to speak?

Anyone else has their opinion on white boots (Or these ones in question? and fit pics of any white boots? (i looked so hard in WAYWT thread couldn't find much for a while...gave up)I really want to see someone donning some white boots actually, or even the puppies I'm talking about!

(sorry about double post my bad)
                            Last edited by shdws; 01-21-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post
                              Fellow stylezeitgeistians
                              Anyone tried these on? or owns them, what is your opinion?.
                              But the shorter shaft version

LAYERS sources the finest avant-garde and contemporary fashion designers from around the world. Discover Maison Margiela, Uma Wang, MM6, By Walid, Rundholz, and more at our boutique in Soho, London!

For some reason I did not see it in the campaign photos though : /
                              And white....is it going to be hard to pull off, yes or no?

And who actually has had white boots (or still has) and finds it hard to match with the rest of their stuff.

I cant find the black ones anymore in my size that is why...
                              I'm okay with white...but something about this particular shade of white doesn't work for me...not sure why. Also, I can't say I love the height of the heel...seems incongruent with the shape of the boot. So I say pass imo.

Comment

• shdws
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                I'm okay with white...but something about this particular shade of white doesn't work for me...not sure why. Also, I can't say I love the height of the heel...seems incongruent with the shape of the boot. So I say pass imo.
                                Hi Dane!
                                Thanks for your vote, yea the white reminds me of a painted white concrete wall. I def get that feeling, like if one can really pull it off, its going to be epic, but there is no middle ground, its like Patroklus said, hit and miss really, and when its a miss, its going to be utter failure I can imagine lol.

Now I just need more sane people to talk some sense into me into not taking the plunge, my gut tells me I will wear it only so many times that's if it even works out in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎