X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: SS08 Arrivals/Reviews/News

I know, still keeping an eye on it for you. I really liked this pouch, would have been perfect for when I was in ny.

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

/\ Thanks man! Hopefully it will get reduced to less than half price....! I'll check out the pouch bag too when I pass by the Margiela store.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

As we see more and more of CCP for the spring, I personally find it a tad disappointing in terms of innovative wearability. This fall has been a great one for wearable yet stunning CCP while the spring brings some odd pieces (perforated pants, fisherman's vests etc.) that I can't see myself really wearing.

I'm sure the classics will still be there in button up shirts and impeccably constructed pants but nothing "special."

MA+ and hopefully Avantindietro look like the brands to look out for this season amongst the SZ approved ones. Even Rick looks a bit odd from lookbook and preview photos!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i don't think i'll be purchasing any s/s carol. the only thing would be the boots, but i already have too many boots!

definitely going to be getting the m.a+ aviator though.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

The boots do look cool, but I question the lasting nature of the rubber band strap. Without it, you'd have to install a snap button. It also seems like the uppers aren't stitched that well to the soles but that could just be from the pictures we've seen...

Absolutely the MA+ aviator and low cut hoodie. Without a question :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

i don't see myself purchasing any ccp other than the one seam shirts and perforated gloves. the perforated jeans might be too much for me.

i like the white leather jacket but the joint makes me think i need to see it in person, those joints are tricky sob's...i like the in/out shell pants/vest etc. but those are things i need to see in person...all in all i think ma+ will be getting a lot of play, i really need to cut down the spending next year....

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

i really need to cut down the spending next year....

[/quote]

i always like to tell myself this and then fail miserably.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Just had the chance to check out some SS08 collections a bit more;

Margiela- Went to the store in LA and they had quite a bit of SS08 items already in stock. I'm loving this collection so far; The color palette was khaki, black, white, navy, and pale turquoise. All of the colors go perfectly together and the materials used this season are great.

Standouts for me was a double breasted navy coat with silver 'wrinkled' buttons, navy washed cotton pants, pale turquoise v-neck sheer sweater (heavenly), and a great navy/white printed button down shirt. There were a bunch more button down shirts in white and khaki, white jeans, khaki sheer sweaters in crew and v-neck, and a really interesting shawl collar beaded lapel blazer with matching tuxedo pants.

Prices are a little more than last season but not anything astronomical.

Jil Sander- Barneys has put out a small selection of SS08 collections and Jil was pretty much the only one worth looking at (except Margiela, but the flagship had more). Spring color palette was black, navy, white, light grey, and light turquoise.

Standouts for me were the light grey washed trousers, washed grey blazer, s/s t-shirts in navy, knit shirt in light blue, and the coolest leather blazer in turquoise. The leather blazer was really light weight and probably the coolest piece there but it had a price tag to match at $3000+. But all in all, the prices are cheaper than the F/W collection. The washed trousers were $405, washed blazer $1050, t-shirts for $175-225, and button downs were around the same price as last season.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

seriously i can't keep this up, its getting out of hand....what can you say when you know you'll fail....i'll try better next year, a new years resolutions surely down the drain...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

if you already know that you're going to fail, might as well link your bank account to A's. ;)

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Wait, how have you all seen the new CCP collection? A?

CCP's F/W collection was one of his best yet; The jointed pieces, albeit unpractical for some, was maybe one of the coolest concepts I have seen on clothing.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

yeah A bought a good chunk of the collection bc they're moving soon....the joints in my experience are very difficult to wear, i mean my waist is too tight bc i have to lower it, and the knee is always slipping out of place. like anything carol, its cool in concept, difficult in wear until magically one day you discover the promiseland. carol's clothes are the only one in which you literally discover a promised land. i'm not kidding. fuck.

so the solution is to put some money on a atelier black credit card, which is just a plain sick concept, and then don't allow yourself to spend over that amount, or if you do you better be in a much better place than you are now...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

^ looks like that cat is out of the bag.

Karlo and Constantin were talking to the folks at L'Eclaireur over the summer in regards to a move... any idea of their new location? It'll be a shame to see them leaving that lovely out-of-the-way nook on Crosby.

There's no A credit card yet right? Just the gift cards... I'm more than certain their revenue would double if they managed to somehow develop a credit card concept!

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

shit, i hate to be that asshole...well, the lease is still up in the air, so anything can happen, i won't be speculating on location because i dont want to jinx anything. for some reason i thought it was common knowledge, oh well, and yeah its not a credit card but a gift card. i'm 2 for 2 today.

Comment

• Real Real
                                • Feb 2007

Barneys had some S/S Lanvin today. Some new dress shirts with grosgrain plackets (not collar) - didn't like them.

There were a couple of pieces of outerwear that I noticed. The first was a sort of translucent tan overshirt, popper fastening, 2/3rds bemberg, 1/3rd silk, at an insane price, $2k.

The second was a gray suede jacket/shirt - the various pieces of suede (front, sleeves, etc) were attached to each other by cotton/elastic fabric that ran along where all of the seams would usually be. That fabric seemed like it would both provide ventilation and help the jacket move with you. Terrific stuff, great example of why I like the brand. I almost bought it on the spot, but it was $4k...going to have a hard time waiting to see whether it will go on sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎