• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

Re: SS08 Arrivals/Reviews/News

the archive also got some ann in. i hardly recognized the stuff on the racks. plain short sleeve tees were $300! and boxy! and her normally beautiful waiscoats were covered in shiteous patterns. don't even get me started on those fucking toe sandals... but im really excited for n(n) though!

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Dark and I looked through the NN SS08 book and saw little swatches of the fabrics; It all looks fantastic. Pretty much all the fabrics are a very light, jersey fabric just with different patterns and colors. So even though the looks are very layered for Spring, I could definitely see it working as the fabrics seem nice and light.

My favs were definitely the shorts, patterned tank tops, and dual layer boots. Those huge crosses are dope too. All black.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• my friend goo
        • Oct 2007

[quote user="Casius"]Checked out a little bit of the Rick Owens from SS08 over at A and this season looks great in person. The shorts with zippers in the front are excellent (the pants look dope too) and the striped shirt is outstanding (and fucking long!). I'm excited to see the hooded, asymmetrical zip leather jacket.[/quote]

Do you know if they're getting that jacket in the non leather version?

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

the anne stuff i saw at atelier was utter shit. and they even bought the best stuff from the collection. no dumb dada shirts. just think, i was so disappointed i didn't pick up a jacket from f/w bc i couldn't find my size. now, i'm sort of happy about it
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

yeah, ann sux0rz. A did get some new LUC shit in. dopedopedope trench, silk cardigan $975(!)!!!!!, insanely weaved sweater, etc... rick was decent, but standard fair. they had the buttonless cardigan again.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Stopped by Barneys today. They had a decent rack of Ann Dem. The clothes are awful and the prices are ridiculous. It's downright insulting. Naturally, I blame Ann Chapelle! Good bye Ann, it was a nice love affair while it lasted. More consignment store shopping in the future for me.

[/quote]

This is so saddening. Must all good things in menswear end? DH, Cloak, Helmut Lang, and now, Ann? ('Least we still have Raf!)
              I hope it's just an off season for her, but I can't help but notice more and more comments on sliding construction and fabric quality while the prices simply continue to rise.

In fact I was thinking the other day about why the best collections of the above labels were circa 2003-4... But that's probably another thread.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I checked out some of the Ann pieces at A and while I'm not impressed per se, I wouldn't say the pricing or quality is too far off from her Fall/Winter collection; Now, whether that is a good or bad thing is completely up for debate. [75]

I do however like the iridescent stripe black trouser that A has in stock at the moment.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

has any s/s lanvin come in? i don't think i'll be buying much s/s except for the m.a+ aviator since i don't think that is anything that is really spectacular. the luc silk cardigan is very cool, but too pricey.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

i'll prob pick up the buttonless cardigan. saw some people wearing it today, looks great.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

yeah, it definitely looks great on the tall skinny dudes. i don't think i can pull it off though.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Barneys had some Lanvin in; Some grosgrain collar shirts, some standard button down shirts, leather jacket in a taupe color, a bunch of trousers; Khaki with grosgrain waist, navy w/ purple grosgrain waist, khaki zip ankle pant, and a lurex side stripe trouser. That's all I can remember right now.

That LUC trench coat for Spring is amazing; The detailing on the back is just awesome! Of course, the pull over light sweaters are great too.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

anyone remember the price of the luc trench?

on a side note, i received my grosgrain lanvin shirt and it's dope. it's cut much shorter in length than i anticipated; a good thing.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

I didn't catch the price...probably slipped my mind as it's most likely really pricey. I'm gonna guess 2G's+. If it's under that, I would actually consider that a good deal.

Comment

• mesh
                              • Dec 2006

Hope I don't like any of the luc, praying actually.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

anyone remember the price of the luc trench?

on a side note, i received my grosgrain lanvin shirt and it's dope. it's cut much shorter in length than i anticipated; a good thing.

[/quote]

which lanvin shirt did you get, ie colors...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎