• Oct 2006

Re: SS08 Arrivals/Reviews/News

white body, gold collar. BALLIN!
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

kind of an off white? i think i got the same one! where'd you get it? on sale? did you get a tie? amazing ties!
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

barneys $189. i think it's a bit off white. shirt is dope. i have one from the previous season and it's just as nice.

we should coordinate outfits. fencing jacket->lanvin shirt->ccp rain trousers->cdiem buutz

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

barneys $189. i think it's a bit off white. shirt is dope. i have one from the previous season and it's just as nice.

we should coordinate outfits. fencing jacket->lanvin shirt->ccp rain trousers->cdiem buutz

[/quote]

yes its seems like its coming to that--

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"][quote user="Faust"]

Stopped by Barneys today. They had a decent rack of Ann Dem. The clothes are awful and the prices are ridiculous. It's downright insulting. Naturally, I blame Ann Chapelle! Good bye Ann, it was a nice love affair while it lasted. More consignment store shopping in the future for me.

[/quote]

This is so saddening. Must all good things in menswear end? DH, Cloak, Helmut Lang, and now, Ann? ('Least we still have Raf!)
            I hope it's just an off season for her, but I can't help but notice more and more comments on sliding construction and fabric quality while the prices simply continue to rise.

In fact I was thinking the other day about why the best collections of the above labels were circa 2003-4... But that's probably another thread.

[/quote]

Good for you - I haven't liked anything Raf has done for several seasons now. I think, except Cloak, the pattern is absolute the same - a businessman takes over, and sayanara. Ann's aesthetic has changed since the first stand alone menswear show. It's not a coincidence, because Ann Chapelle expressly stated that a big part of buying Ann's business was to grow the menswear part. I guess what she meant by growth is watering down of both the aesthetic and the quality while jacking up prices.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

i saw the augusta shoes that barneys is carrying. they're pretty nice and lightweight for the s/s. quality seems there (i'm not a big fan of the wooden soles) and the price isn't as bad as other stores. i wouldn't mind picking up a pair heavily discounted though. ;) the laceups are $1250 and the boot is $1295 or so.

btw, is neon going to be the trend for this s/s? i know that marc jacobs and robert geller are incorporating neon hues in their collections.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Yea, it looks like neon and bright colors are definitely the trend for this Spring. Raf's line has a ton of bright red, yellow, orange, and green in it as well. I quite like a lot of the new collections though and the color is nice for Spring.

I was also talking with one of the guys at Odin and I guess only Blackbird ordered the highlighter jeans from Geller but they will have the blue pair (my fav).

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

some of these dudes need to do hypercolor type next level stuff soon.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

My plan for summer; Prep Avant Garde Astronaut.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I'd addsomeNinja and ahint ofHobo to that [Y]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i saw the augusta shoes that barneys is carrying. they're pretty nice and lightweight for the s/s. quality seems there (i'm not a big fan of the wooden soles) and the price isn't as bad as other stores. i wouldn't mind picking up a pair heavily discounted though. ;) the laceups are $1250 and the boot is $1295 or so.

btw, is neon going to be the trend for this s/s? i know that marc jacobs and robert geller are incorporating neon hues in their collections.

[/quote]

In news along those lines, Simone himself talked to A and Atelier has worked out very specific designs for the Augusta they will be ordering for the spring. Everything from the toe shape to the overall style was discussed and designed so what A will be offering can be considered a special order.

I got to handle the much ballyhooed "wraparound" Augusta boots with the plastic lining inside a la CCP and they're pretty nice. I like the single toe break deep wrinkle as it is very elegant. The silhouette is damn near precisely Carol though, but the construction is solid of course. The upper closes in the back not with a button snap but with a metal peg and leather hole method.

If the price points will be in the low(er) $1000 then they're reasonable. I'm very surprised that Barneys picked them up. I guess they need another brand to fill the gap left by CDiem footwear.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i would buy those augusta wraparounds, but not for $2k+ i wish they were $1k or less.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Albert, Barneys has always taken a chance on these brands. Through my tenure as a Barneys customer I've seen CDiem, LUC, Poell come and go :-) Barneys is experimental enough, not so sure about their customers though.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gusgusterson
                              • Mar 2007

I'm a huge fan of their shoe section. They seem to take some chances, but it's amazing how much winds up marked down 60-75%.

Has Barneys received much in the way of suiting for spring yet? I think I have to buy a Band of Outsiders suit. I've regretted not doing so for like three seasons. There was a nice linen Dries suit at Jeffrey, but I've finally decided that I can't deal with that place.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="gusgusterson"]

I'm a huge fan of their shoe section. They seem to take some chances, but it's amazing how much winds up marked down 60-75%.

Has Barneys received much in the way of suiting for spring yet? I think I have to buy a Band of Outsiders suit. I've regretted not doing so for like three seasons. There was a nice linen Dries suit at Jeffrey, but I've finally decided that I can't deal with that place.

[/quote]

Hahaha!

I love Band of Outsiders suits. They are really top notch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎