• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: SS08 Arrivals/Reviews/News

^^

yeah. That black/grey striped shirt is absolutely perfect.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

saw some new pieces at A today.

the m.a+ buy is pretty nice so far:
      - ankle boot overdyed w/green
      - leather shirt - cut more like a shirt than the cdiem leather shirt. leather is buttery soft and seems to be cut smaller as per what pnod stated. also sold 4 of them so far!
      - black canvas duffle bag with leather trim
      - black leather messenger

i believe they'll be expecting the 1.3k shirt, pants, 2 versions of the aviator (all of the regular aviators are spoken for btw. the other may be the sleeveless?), deep v hoodie

virdi-anne (i think) was just a few tank tops and a few pants.

space is kind of becoming an issue there.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

i'm pretty sure they originally ordered the aviator sleeveless and then cancelled that and got the normal aviator. i hadn't heard of another version. i didn't really like the canvas duffle w leather trim at all, but thought the messenger was cool. but all the black leather has this shade of green to it that i'm not that keen on.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i may have misheard.

there's a stack of new RO sneakers in front of the register though! and all the sales stuff is on another rack. they've already put up s/s on the racks, which was surprising.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Yea, just called today and they have their second shipment of RO that came in which is basically basics. Tanks, longsleeves, etc. as well as the all white sneaker.

I'm waiting for those white w/ black stripe sneakers though...

I can only imagine that place right now with a huge Spring buy coming in and Fall items left over...shit.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

Aaahhh Browns! Why did you have to go and ruin your Dries Van Noten buy!

I did think, there was some to be excited about on the runway

But is it me or is this just bland?! [79]

http://www.brownsfashion.com/designe..._van_noten.htm

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

very bland, yes. although i quite like that diamond print cardigan...

barneys had a small rack of the shiny pieces, but i dont wear orange ever, so i didnt bother trying anything on. butim definitely hoping to find all of those sheer knits and plaid shirts!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I dropped by IF and Yamamoto. Yamamoto spring is looking good - I like the cargo pants and blazers. Expensive as hell - I'm sorry but a choice between $690 Poell pants and $690 Yohji pants, with all due respect to Yohji, is no choice at all.

IF has a sizable Ann buy, all crap IMHO, except the double collar/double cuff shirt. The shirt is $378 + tax = pushing $400, while being $300 - VAT at Browns (or, I forgot, we hate them). US markups do suck. Some new Margiela and Dries stuff is in also, nothing memorable at all. I am beginning to get excited about a possibility of not buying anything this season. Could this be it? The Guinness Book of records is waiting.

P.S. For all you CDiem freaks, IF has the footwear (mostly in large sizes, I think) at about 30-40% off, mostly in $850 range. Black cordovan shoe, distressed brown shoe, distressed brown 5 hole boot.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

did they have any of the sheer shirts (fully plaid, paneled plaid, or plain) at IF?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]did they have any of the sheer shirts (fully plaid, paneled plaid, or plain) at IF?[/quote]

they had the one with the panel.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

When is Junya hitting the shelves?

Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
                          • Dec 2006

There's one junya knit I've been waiting for about 7 months to come out.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish.[/quote]

are there pics somewhere of individual n(n) pieces?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mindrice
                              • Jun 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[quote user="Casius"]Also got an email saying the Number Nine SS08 collection will be in on Jan. 27th. Can't wait to see some of the clothing in person; after viewing individual pictures, it looked great! The fabrics are nice and light too, despite looking kind of fall-ish.[/quote]

are there pics somewhere of individual n(n) pieces?

[/quote]

some pieces here: http://www.cliffedge.co.jp/numbernine.aspx

i got the black waist wrap (to go with my wool black check), and the cap. i know the markup is really high, but i hope the color stretch didn't go up in price this season. everything else is cheaper (jpn retail) in comparison to aw07. though i've heard from a friend that the quality might be questionable this season. suppose i'll have to wait and see

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

When is Junya hitting the shelves?

[/quote]

New collections are going into DSM next Saturday so I expect that it will be the same for all CDG stores, and no other stockists will have it before then.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎