Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collection Privee? v. Fiorentini + Baker v. N.D.C. made by hand, and other mid-priced footwear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

My NDC's have also held up quite well and I've put them through some hell.

I know some may gasp, but I think JV's boots aren't that bad on quality as well. The aesthetics usually don't do it for me (although there is a combat boot this season that looks very similar to the Buttero work boot) but from what I've seen, they're not that bad.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
      My NDC's have also held up quite well and I've put them through some hell.

I know some may gasp, but I think JV's boots aren't that bad on quality as well. The aesthetics usually don't do it for me (although there is a combat boot this season that looks very similar to the Buttero work boot) but from what I've seen, they're not that bad.
      The Buttero Combat Boot is nice-looking if you can get a sale price. Very bare bones.
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I still think NDC and Buttero are by far the best bang for the buck. Although NDC have went up in price pretty drastically in these few years, YOOX always has plenty of stock in decent prices. I have three pairs of their footwear and I couldn't complain.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

definatly their prices have risen dramatically in last 3-4 season each more and more, they're now doing bags wallets passport holders ect also. would still go to them for a classic low profile toe cap lace up 'rico' couch wash is the model

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

So, if I normally wear either 9.5 or 10, could I get away with a size 9 N.D.C boot? Or is this wishful thinking cause I just realized yoox sold the 9.5 I really wanted

Originally posted by eugenius View Post
            I agree w/ the general consensus here on the NDC shoes..I had never heard about them until perusing the pages of tFS, and I thought "Great, yet another brand that's only available in NYC (sigh..)." But lo & behold, Barneys opened here in Beantown, and they had them there..So I picked up the brown brogue and have been wearing them faithfully since. The only thing I dont like about them is the fit..about a half-size too big..but I blame that on the salesman who didnt know how to sell them properly..So now I wear them w/ an extra pair of socks to fill out the size, which thus adds just a little bit more comfort than before..Oh, and they didnt tear up my ankles when I first bought them, as if they were already broken in...Definitely worth the $410 that I paid for...

Now if only I can find the patent leather ones that bakla posted :/

music

Comment

• Sergei_S
              • Jan 2008

I own a pair of Moma for 1,5 years. I have to say they are great. Well made and good shape.

And I've got a pair of F&B couple of month ago. Look sharp, quite comfortable.
              I got weapons

Comment

• dndy1840
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                So, if I normally wear either 9.5 or 10, could I get away with a size 9 N.D.C boot? Or is this wishful thinking cause I just realized yoox sold the 9.5 I really wanted
                Sure ! I usually wear 11 and my NDCs in 10 are even a bit large. Italian fitting brands (Raparo, Premiata, NDC...) = usual size -1 and even sometimes -1.5 for boots especially

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Picked up another pair of Officines. Just a wonderful design, I couldn't pass up. Comparing to my older boots:

1) Better made sole, just generally better constructed shoe. (I think it will still soak water through the sole a la Faust's, but that's a construction-method issue, not a construction quality issue)

2) Huge points loss for the half-insole (glued on piece of leather that runs from heel to mid-front of foot). This is made of a thick piece of leather without any reduction towards the front. As a result, I feel it acutely all the time, and when I take my foot out, it starts to come unglued. Shitty construction point 1.

Verdict would be: Much improved from prior shittastic quality, still mediocre quality.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    Picked up another pair of Officines. Just a wonderful design, I couldn't pass up. Comparing to my older boots:

1) Better made sole, just generally better constructed shoe. (I think it will still soak water through the sole a la Faust's, but that's a construction-method issue, not a construction quality issue)

2) Huge points loss for the half-insole (glued on piece of leather that runs from heel to mid-front of foot). This is made of a thick piece of leather without any reduction towards the front. As a result, I feel it acutely all the time, and when I take my foot out, it starts to come unglued. Shitty construction point 1.

Verdict would be: Much improved from prior shittastic quality, still mediocre quality.
                    do you have pictures
                    i really like these ones posted earlier, be interested in purchasing them

Comment

• Piffen
                      • Aug 2007

Picked up another pair of Officines [...]

NDC does this as well (got three cap-toes and they're all constructed this way).. And I couldn't agree more, it sucks.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

The half soles on all of my shoes don't bother me, except that they become unglued quick. That pisses me off.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          The half soles on all of my shoes don't bother me, except that they become unglued quick. That pisses me off.
                          I've got half-soles on all kinds of shoes, including some properly made dress shoes. Even on some well-made shoes they come up over time, which is frustrating. Though on the best they don't. While this sucks, and I'm unhappy that the Officines do it, it's less of a concern than that the half-sole not getting thinner at its front, making it uncomfortable.

Pics are:

They're darker than this, but I had issues with the flash.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                            • Feb 2008

I've got half-soles on all kinds of shoes, including some properly made dress shoes. Even on some well-made shoes they come up over time, which is frustrating. Though on the best they don't. While this sucks, and I'm unhappy that the Officines do it, it's less of a concern than that the half-sole not getting thinner at its front, making it uncomfortable.

Pics are:

They're darker than this, but I had issues with the flash.
                            are those the ones on LVR?

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
                              are those the ones on LVR?
                              Definitely not. Those are slouchy, these have structure, and very differently shaped toeboxes.

Comment

• Sergei_S
                                • Jan 2008

What do you guys think of Marsell shoes?

I have a pair of those with long lances wrapping around feet. They are great. Leather is very soft and they look great after 2 years.
                                I got weapons

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎