Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collection Privee? v. Fiorentini + Baker v. N.D.C. made by hand, and other mid-priced footwear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Test
    • Dec 2008

^I concur. I'm almost certain I bought 1/2 size small and they were still large on my foot. Rely on whoever you're buying from to verify size.

Comment

• een
      • Sep 2006

^Agreed. Marsell quality seems pretty good, and they do look much better with a bit of wear. My girlfriend has two pairs of 'clown shoes', each a couple years old, has worn them into the ground - they've held up surprisingly well

Comment

• mmmmrk
        • Dec 2009

This may very well be considered SZ taboo, but I've got a pair of John Varvatos lace up ankle boots that from a distance aren't too far from the CDiem silhouette and style. Quality is obviously not on par, but they've even got some scarring detail in the leather, which makes them appear to be very far from the standard Varvatos look. Will post photos sometime if anyone is interested.

Comment

• rogelro
          • Mar 2008

anyone has a pair of NDC's Sunday boot? and if so how do they fit? running large or small?

Comment

• routineriot
            • Apr 2009

thinking of getting some n.d.c boots but here in shanghai even after 40% off it's still gonna cost me 530 usd...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Wore my NDC's fur lined boots today. Perfect for this weather. Still a bit bothered by the elongated and narrow silhouette a little, but it actually looks very good from the side. I just have to stop looking at my feet from above, lol.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stretcheroo
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mmmmrk View Post
                This may very well be considered SZ taboo, but I've got a pair of John Varvatos lace up ankle boots that from a distance aren't too far from the CDiem silhouette and style. Quality is obviously not on par, but they've even got some scarring detail in the leather, which makes them appear to be very far from the standard Varvatos look. Will post photos sometime if anyone is interested.
                I too have a couple pairs of Varvatos shoes that are terrific -- including one pair of black size zips that are heavily distressed -- almost grey, with the handmade sole-look of guidi/augusta. I bought them at the Bowery store 2 summers ago, for about $700. I think these are a good option for those not willing or unable to go the full Guonte.

Comment

• Test
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by routineriot View Post
                  thinking of getting some n.d.c boots but here in shanghai even after 40% off it's still gonna cost me 530 usd...
                  Wait, NDC's are almost $1,000 in Shanghai? Is that what I'm reading here??

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Wore my NDC's fur lined boots today. Perfect for this weather. Still a bit bothered by the elongated and narrow silhouette a little, but it actually looks very good from the side. I just have to stop looking at my feet from above, lol.
                  Truth. I still have problems judging footwear shape that way.

Comment

• move_ment
                    • Feb 2009

Should I size up or down on these?
                    Still not sure if I want them... It's going to act as a substitute low Julius boot for me atm.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

TTS if you have narrow feet.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• move_ment
                        • Feb 2009

Thanks Faust.
                        They are out of 44's so I am in luck.
                        :)

Comment

• viv1984viv
                          • Feb 2008

MOMA

I really love moma - bought some brown suede boots off yoox ages ago and loved them for a year but always wanted black versions, then I got some grey suede butteros - ok but slightly too stallion in style.... then finally I got the MOMA's in black leather, just the same as the brown suedes I had - awesome profile - rounded toe, low walkable heel just perfect - I wanted to get their military boots too but they sold out. Buttero's and NDCs are overated in comparison with MOMA. ....my two cents - - will post a comparison pick of 2 momas and the butteros when I get the chance.
                          Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

I'm still kicking myself for missing the moma black suede boots at lvr at 50% off

Comment

• miserableman
                              • Dec 2009

Sarted seeing SHOTO shoes/boots in a few stores recently.

No mention of them on the forum though, anybody any experience of them?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎